RoK Items That Need Attention - Beta.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arandar Well-Known Member

Another issue are the items from the Teren's Grasp faction merchant (that requires 50K faction to purchase). The items themselves are treasured, but have stats that would be appropriate for fabled. For example, compare these two items, the treasured from the merchant, the fabled from a quest reward in Karnor's Castle:
    [IMG]
    This is backwards, based on both level and tier.

Personally, I'd recommend that the stats on the Teren's Grasp faction items be reduced (something like +55 main stat(s), +59 stamina with 3.8% potency) and make them legendary, so that the armor is actually useful. Set the Chardok Defender's Neckguard to something like +58 main stat(s), +62 sta with 4.2% potency.

Items with as much as +62 main stats and +67 sta seem like they should be appearing later, around level 76+ or so.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

This just dropped of a ^ named in Fens:

[IMG]

Which would further indicate that the fabled Chardok's Defenders Necklace (quest reward) is out of whack with stat progression.
  3. agosborne Member

Is 4.8 Potency on all the raid set fabled items besides the chests (5.1%) intended?
    Also from the picture http://imgur.com/a/9n2Xj -- the Ability Mod is still wrong on the Pantaloons of Grave Reckoning (should be 294AM), the Cuffs of Grave Reckoning (should be 298AM), and the Cap of Grave Recking (should be 299AM).

[IMG]
  4. agosborne Member

Also, the silver coin RTT wand (Undying Invoker's Wand) reward has 2 blue stats while every other weapon has 3-4 blue stats...can you please add cast speed, MA, or cast speed speed to make it equal to other weapons.
    [IMG]
    The belts for RTT silver coins....are you keeping Fervor on them and can you change the "increase chance to get legend/mythic etc crits" to just extra crit chance please...or will they actually work and let us do more than a normal crit?
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

City quest rewards haven't been updated, and the stats are completely off for them. You've got a real problem when a level 60 bow has better stats than it's level 80 counterpart. Here's examples in terms of the bows and cloaks (other items need similar attention):

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. agosborne Member

The Wands too please =D.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just as legendary items for overland mobs needed updated, it looks like it's the same for contested epic mobs. The bangle drops from Dominus Atrebe and the bracelet from Tangrin:

[IMG]

Some guildmates and I were discussing this, and one pattern that seems to be emerging is that you haven't upgraded a lot of the gear that didn't make it through previous update passes where you did things like normalize resists. Whatever mechanism you're using to find and update these pieces seems to be overlooking gear like this. Perhaps it's how they're identified internally (e.g.: the "charms" vs. "bauble" issue)?
  8. Taggx New Member

I don't think either of those items actually exist in-game anymore.

Killed Atrebe 10 seconds ago

Not sure about Tangrin
    [IMG]
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't think they want us to get too far off into the weeds in terms of debating itemization here (other than pointing out broken gear). However, in my own experience on there, itemization can seen "top-heavy" early on compared to EoF, but it kind of smooths out from there.

Keep in mind that with RoK originally, there was also an effective "gear reset" when it was released. It annoyed the heck out of raiders back then too, and I completely understand what you're saying, but I think it's also necessary. If you want players to come back for RoK (just like they did back in 2007) then you want to provide them with an immediate boost so that they're not in a position where they have to go run through "old" content just so they can do the "new" content. I know I've had numerous people ask me about whether or not they'd be able to just jump into RoK easily when it launches, or whether they'd have to do "EoF stuff" first (which would have been a major turn-off for them).

As far as mob difficulty goes, I think the overland stuff is fine. Basically on-par with EoF, except for the named which have a lot more health (on the order of about 10x the amount of health of an standard overland mob at its level). And that's fine too.
  10. iqwizard New Member

Please fix epics. An item that is the highest level and most difficult to achieve should be the paragon of all weapons. We received 2 items that were better in every way on the quests for the epic.
    [IMG]
  11. Caul Shivers Active Member

This is a bit scary.

While I do desperately want RoK, I do hope they take a bit of time to sort this out, nobody wants KoS-like itemization again.
    Or hell, take a LOT of time to fix it, just don't release the thing in this state.

Nimrael, Dissplcicees of ChoAs
  12. Arandar Well-Known Member

Not really. He's largely talking about progression between tiers, not within T8. I think it's highly unlikely that they're going to do anything with T7 raid gear to make it a smoother progression between it and T8 quest gear. Aside from a very few select pieces, what you're wearing now will become irrelevant anyway. But I don't see this as returning to KoS where you had treasured quest gear being largely equivalent to gear from Deathtoll.
  13. agosborne Member

Thank you for changing the Fervor on the belt to extra potency! On the Undying Invoker's Wand though--- still seeing just the two blue stats---could we get that third stat to be either Attack Speed (huge lack of AS on all ROK gear now that I've played R2T and have seen it), Cast Speed, or Multi Attack please. Thank you.
  14. Poofe Active Member

Regarding the wand - shouldn't the comparison be against other items in its type and not the other rewards? It appears that there are not many obtainable level 80, fabled wands and by default this one becomes best in slot.
  15. Poofe Active Member

That said, comparing the wand to legendary wands in the tier would make me argue for a CC buff of at least 1%

Also, it looks like there is no adornment slot on it.
  16. Seifer of Aftermath Member

Alright Kander you have one week to fix progression on this gear. Otherwise i see no point in playing. The patch that went in today fixed some stuff and threw progression even more out of line. Im going to lay this out for you.
    1. lvl 68 solo gear acquired from questing in kp is still better or equal to all tier 1-3 raid gear.
    2. Karnors castle loot got changed but not enough it is still at 4.2% pot and should go down to 3.8% - It is the lowest lvl open world dungeon in RoK.
    3.Both charsis zones got there loot droped to 3.8% pot even though it is higher level and harder to get than karnor's castle.
    4.Chelsith and Korcust drops have 4.8% pot which is the same as tier 1-3 raids and are all still fabled.
    5. Sebelis and Chardock drops have 4.8% pot which is the same as tier 1-3 raids and are all still fabled.
    6. Vp gear has 4.9% pot which is only .1% better than group and lower tier raid zones.

Now to actually fix this issue. Nothing that is solo quested should ever be higher than 3.8% pot and KP gear should be at 3.5%.
    7.Karnors castle should be at 3.8%
    8.Chardock should be at 4%
    9.Charsis, Chelsith, Korcust, and Sebelis should be at 4.2% and for the the final bosses no more than 4.4%.
    10.Tier 1 Raids should be 4.4%- 4.6%.
    11.Tier 2 and 3 raids should be at 4.8%.
    12.Vp which is t4 should be at 5%.
    13.Trak's loot needs to be 5.4%.

That is what progression looks like and that is how it should be. Now i know That it can not be absolutely perfect like that but i know it can get real close. Because what we have now is a jumbled mess of crap. This thread was started over a month ago and hardly anything has been fixed and as always a bunch of false promises. This issue killed DoF and KoS, was only touched not greatly fixed in EoF and looks to be very bad again here in RoK. Fix this or lose the rest of the population.
    Poofe likes this.
  17. Blaupunkt Active Member

So is it just the pot stat that has no progression because that's what I am getting from the above post or are we talking stats on general On all items ?

I was under the impression that gear progression was fine in RoK apart from possibly a few items which will hopefully be fixed as they are found and posted on here.
  18. Blaupunkt Active Member

sounds great.
  19. Ap0k Member

Why ask for help if your team can't even patch the changes in a timely manner so that we can move on to find the next set of glaring issues. Why is the beta server so awful/non-existent/un-patched all the time before an xpac?

Masochism or a waste of time? it's really hard to differentiate at this stage in the game when the team asking for help "forgets" to patch in the help they get, week after week.

Bring the server down for 15 mins on a Thursday or Friday, or who cares, whenever, for a true "Hotfix" and let's get this hammered out. Beyond frustrating at this point.
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

AFAIK the RoK beta server is no more. When I tried to connect to it the other day, it told me I didn't have sufficient permission. I'm guessing they're using it for testing the GU101 content now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.