Erollisi deity quest line - feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

In the part of the quest where I need to get the incense bowl off one of the bloodsabers in the down under. I've been through this place at the very least 10 times,,,,,going over and over the same areas, no incense bowl. It would help to have a map down here. This part is taking an incredibly long time compared to the parts before this point.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If you have eq2 maps enabled for test server, there is a map for the Down Below. (iirc) I had to jump through hoops to get eq2 maps to work on test server. (or maybe was just technology issues stopping me from having it work properly and easily :p)

Down below location - -94, -0, -119

(I realize that's a negative zero, but the number was something like -0.18 or w/e and I only wrote down the -0.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Jasym Member

I think there is a typo in Devotion and Compassion the step where you speak (1st time) to Pacificator Merrek. It goes like this:

"It has been my experience that nothing will stop the a deity's touch, if they wish to provide it. Otherwise, I doubt that gods of War and Hate would have allowed me to serve, as I do."

Should probably be just "a deity's touch"
  4. Margaritas Active Member

Sorry - my question was directed toward Kaitheel. I was referring to the mobs that are needed for the killing part. The quest helper on the map is extremely tiny and they do not come up on track. Which is why I was asking if the the updates were intended to be left off of track (for mobs). Is there a track that tracks items that are not resources and mobs?
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Aye, I've found that but then you have to kill the blood sabors to get the incense bowl for this....and I have....several times over...I don't think this part of the quest line is working properly. So I'm going to bug it.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I finished the quest line yesterday without any issues. Of course things do break from one day to the next.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

beta appears to be there but locked.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Argh...yeah, I killed grey-to-me Blood Sabers in the Down Below (which...I...HATE; worst zone ever [after Thieves' Way], imho X-P) until I ran out of them, I had to kill Blood Sabers for my level 60s quest for the Qeynos Core stuff (not related at all, but I'd rather do those for a bit than finagle around in the Down Below again...) when they were poisoning the water supply--nothing. Not one single incense bowl on any of 'em (though thanks for the coords, Xianthia! :)).

Those looking for maps can do EQ2 Maps, can do Brasse's website, or can do the book of EQ2 maps (The Official EQII Atlas; still available at Amazon, used and cheap [thinks Kingdom of Sky is brand-new content, but will help a LOT with the Down Below; I don't go in there without it]). ;->

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

10. Kaitheel Developer

From the /bug report that you submitted I confirmed that you weren't in the correct zone. You were in "The Down Below" not the "Crypt of Betrayal"

The quest journal states, "I will hunt as many Bloodsabers within the Crypt of Betrayal as necessary to regain the stolen incense bowl from the shrine to Erollisi."

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I found them on track with my ranger, Margaritas. It might be that you were expecting to see them named "followers of Ullkorruk" but they are actually named a treacherous disciple, duplicitous zealot, duplicitous wanderer, treacherous pilgrim, duplicitous apostle, deceitful pilgrim, deceitful priestess, etc.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, I see that now and have found them. Thanks!
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok except for the incorrect zone for Pacificator Merrek. in the quest "Devotion and Compassion" questline went without a hitch. I Love the look of the cloak hope you revamp the look of the other deity cloaks to match this one. to bad my test toon is a scout this Cloak is best for fighters instead of scouts so guess erolissi is more of a Deity for fighters then for scouts was kinda dissapointed to see that. but I have a Barbarian Monk I might have worship Erollisi but would love for her to be able to worship both of the Marr's. I do hope you are still thinking about letting our characters worship more then one deity.

one bit of feed back and a suggestion, Shouldn't the pet be a Hart(or some kind of animal) not a ball of light? Erolissi is known as the Huntress. It was a bit of a let down ot see the ball of light if you have time could you see if the art department might work on a different pet for Erolissi?
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Where are you getting these quests at? I did the alter one, are there others I should be testing?
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There are five quests available. All from Sister Leena (leela?). Love's Foundation, Treachery Abounds, Treacherous Activity, Devotion and Compassion, and Honor the Sacrifice.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

talk to the same questgiver when you reach the proper levels there will be no feather I was on a level 90 doing it so was able to get through the whole questline at once since I was the proper level or above for each quest. if you are below 35 you might not be able to get the next one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xianthia like this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Good point on the level requirements (too long of a time has elapsed so can't edit my post).

Quest journal shows the following levels:

Love's Foundation (I didn't make a note of level, I'm assuming shows up as level 25 on journal but you can grab at level 20)
    Treachery Abounds - Level 35
    Treacherous Activity - Level 50
    Devotion and Compassion - Level 65
    Honor the Sacrifice - Level 70
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, a nice tip, that comes in handy when looking for quests that are under your level:
    • In Options window choose "User Interface"
    • choose [Advanced] in the upper right corner
    • Then in the "Name and Chat Bubble" section click the "NPC Overhead Quest Icons for Outleveled Quests" checkbox
    Quest feathers akimbo!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm assuming its known that some of the abilities don't work currently? 'Touch of the Huntress' wasn't doing any additional damage as far as I could tell.
  20. Caith Developer

It should actually grant another damage effect onto ranged abilities. For example, Crippling Arrow has a single damage effect of Inflicts n ranged damage on target. While Touch of the Huntress is active, it should have two damage effects. Inflicts n ranged damage on target, and Inflicts n heat damage on target. It worked for me today internally, I'll check test to see if something diffs on test.