Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. SilkVelvet New Member

Rhodris said
    imagine a pegacorn in shadowbeast black, emitting shadows rather than light, now that would be a sight,

Silk
    BUTCHERBLOCK
  2. Belenos Well-Known Member

Somehow, I don't feel like the "Rule of Scarcity" applies to a digital product that I could buy 1000 of if I was willing to spit-up the cash! Now if they said "these are for sale until gone, and we will only be selling 100 of each--when 100 is sold, there will be no more--that is scarcity. I do not see how "scarcity" applies to a product that is completely unlimited in number. If every EQ2 player said they wanted 1000, do you think DBG would say no?

Not all of us have raid mounts with tons of blue stats. I do not raid, and the stats on my marketplace fire pegasus flyer are exactly the same as the stats on my marketplace fire unicorn ground mount. I DO have a Blessed Sokokar from helping with testing that has some very good stats, but as THE POWERS THAT BE saw fit to disable those stats below level 100 (and if you think I will ever test anything again, you are NUTS), and since my main is level 96, my old marketplace +5 to everything still tops the blessed sokokar with +0 to everything!
  3. Gharish Active Member

Six pages and only one post about what these mounts are meant for. These are meant to be bought by the TLE people as we can only get a few mounts right now. Good idea DBG but priced way too high for what they are.
    Juraiya and Mitten like this.
  4. Malvolio Member

The Vast Majority here agree that the price is far too high however there are a few cool mounts. It will be interesting to see if the "whales" these "limited time offers" are oriented towards fork up enough cash to cover those of us that may have been willing to spend $5
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's not a raid mount. it's the mounts from the rare egg drop in AoM zones, the collection mount from Rum cellar, and the sig line mount from AoM. all three of those have huge stat boots. especially the RC collection mount.

the best mount in the game right now is the 10k ferrin 3k plat bought mount from the RC merchant, not a raid drop.
  6. Zookeeper Active Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't understand it, either. That is why I would like for someone to write a simple LoN for Dummies guide that gives a Step-by-Step How-To-Do-This-Thing in really simple descriptive wording...maybe in Forums where anyone could access it.
    Pretty sure there are more than two of us stymied by the process.
    If someone on Unrest wants to write a book (you can buy blank books on broker or have a level 50 Sage (?) with Bookbinding Skill, write one, copy to another blank, etc., etc. and put the completed "Unconfusing Step-by-Step Guide to LoN" or whatever it is, on the broker and advert it in Gen Chat, I'll buy it...(unless it is overpriced because it is on a limited time offer if you get the book with the red cover instead of the common blue cover). Personally, I prefer the blue cover.

There should be a Sage on every server who can either write this up in book form to sell, or collaborate with someone who actually knows how to do it, and take their Step-by-Step (highly Detailed for those who are total novices to the concept and procedures) instructions and write the collaborative book with credit to the informant who gave the information.
    Book sales, if a collaborative effort, should have the sale price profits split between the author and book binder, unless the other one is your alt...you can ignore them and get away with it.

The fact that informative books, novels, or home recipes from your Mom or your culture can be written and sold on the broker to become available to players from many parts of the world is amazing.
    There should be more How-To books for newbies, IMO.
    And...there should be a detailed book on Adornments. Some of the text on them I fail to understand exactly what they do.

Schmooze up to your local Bookbinder. They need some love. They may end up writing books that give you information you have always wanted but didn't know where to get, other than dropping out of game to Google the topic and hope you find the answer you were looking for.
    I've got a binder on another server. Forget which server. Ah well.... I need an Unrest Bookbinder to make info-books I could use Here, but just making the books isn't enough. They also need the detailed, step-by-step procedures and explanations of what they are writing about if they are writing a "How-To" piece.

Just a thought, Norrath....
    Prissetta and Rhodris like this.
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Price is a wee bit steep for me on these, and while some look awesome, some are terribly disappointing. If you're going to call a unicorn obsidian, I expect its color to be closer to that nebulous stalker, or at least the Freeport guardian pegasus.

That said, I fully admit that for the right set of horses I would pay this price - a friend and I have characters that follow a theme, and we cannot find a set of mounts that match their theme, have an appropriate color for each character, and we like. If anyone's taking notes for future ideas, we like the muscular horses - that magmatic mustang might work well for the red-themed character, but we'd need something white (how about the regular horse that look like the Qeynos guardian pegasus, that's right next to the horse merchants in Qeynos but is not actually sold by them?), a black horse (a horse version of the violet nightmare pegasus would be perfect), and then maybe a skeletal frightmare-style horse with a miasma like the plaguespirit unicorn - even better if it was half-rotted like the revenant dire bear with that miasma...
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Molly New Member

No I'm a real player and meant what I said. Actually I'm considering buying some more for my live server toons which I don't play anymore but might want to play again. There are a few factors which I think contribute to me being the whale/target audience for these:

1. Horse person IRL. Still use ground mounts on max level toons when not raiding b/c Rujarkian Destrier.

2. As I said in my original post, had been opening LON packs literally for years looking for a couple of these. I have also seriously considered giving my credit card info and approx $150 to some random LON loot card seller for the privilege owning just one of the featured mounts. Spent an unknown amount of money on crates of boosters. So at $25 dollars each for exactly what I want, from a legit source... I'm totally down.

3. EQ2 addict since 2006. I love the game and the current development team and I don't want to see any more layoffs

I continue to be surprised that I am in the minority!
  9. Drizzly New Member

ok. so i understand we're going for the "Collectible" aspect with the $25 per horse, per character (seriously? $25)
    but collectible only has value in the instance of ownership. the user agreement used to say (and prob. still does) that we did not have any ownership of part of the code or in game items. and this product is entirely code... this differs from a collectors edition expansion because that is a license to play expanded content: ACCOUNT WIDE.... so just to be clear you are charging more than a mini-expansion (i.e. splitpaw / tombs of night) for a limited graphical re-working of mounts already in the game... you can not seriously believe it is worth that much...
    I want Daybreak to make money... so if you're not making enough to pay the bills, then raise the subscription price a little... this is literally an insult to the subscribers. oh and fire (i.e., terminate) the "yes-man" who thought this was clever... he/she does not respect you nor us... and MMO success is community... community needs respect...
    the marketing of virtual products without ownership and this tremendous cost with zero production is asinine.
    and the spin? uuugh... sickening...
  10. Belenos Well-Known Member

Okay, so it is not raid--but it is still end-game--and aren't those AoM zones and Rum Cellar for level 100 players? Like I said, my main is still 96, and thus far, no content I have tried has needed stats beyond what I have now--with Lorr'kejut along, I am pretty much curb-stomping content, although I am sure that will change soon. Heck, I have even forgotten to change out my crafting gear at times and not noticed until later, finishing an entire dungeon without my breastplate, cloak, ring, neck, and wrist! That is the main reason I said raid to begin with, as that is where a person generally needs every boost they can get.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

AoN group instances are 98+ and Rum Cellar I beleive maybe 98 or 100. yes it's end game, but realitively easily obtainable. I think the 'leathery egg' the drop mount from the AoM instance might even be brokerable. I can't really remember.
    Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  12. Greywolf74 New Member

So from what I can tell most of these mounts (if not all of them) are just re-released LoN mounts and/or recolored mounts. The unicorns (as someone else pointed out) look just like the newb horses with a horn glued to their forehead. This has always been my main complaint with EQ2...Your design team is lazy and unimaginative, or seem to be. This has to be the single worst game Ive seen for using the same skins over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I went looking for a shield one day, for looks, on the broker few years back when I was leveling up my SK. I pulled up something like 14 pages of usable shields at level 82ish and I went through all 14 pages looking at the graphics of the shields. out of 14 pages of shields I believe they all shared the same 7 or 8 skins. it was unbelievable. Hell even the zones get reused once in awhile. Whatever happened to the days of EQ1 when you didnt even have to inspect someone (if you were familiar enough with the game) to know what gear they were wearing? Everything had a unique look for the most part so someone carrying a Lammy (or whatever piece of gear you want to insert here) was instantly recognizable. Now you have level 5 toons running around looking like lvl 100 raid toons cuz they had to get cool looking gear by paying cash for it and using it as a display item. If it was me Id fire whatever lazy people are responsible for the gross over re-use of skins and hire some people who didnt mind putting a little effort in to making peoples gear look as unique as possible and also make it look level appropriate. No level 5 toon should be running around with items that look like they just came from some high level dungeon. Also just as a side note, and maybe Im in the minority here, but I also get what you guys tried to do with a lot of the armor and making it look super realistic and thats fine for a few suits here and there but to my way of thinking were playing what i like to call a "High Fantasy" game which means that characters and gear should be a little over the top as opposed to "low fantasy" which would be closer to a realistic fantasy world. IDK about most people but I want huge ornate shoulder pieces, killer looking swords, shields, robes, cloaks all that kind of stuff. More like EQ1, or maybe a little bit of WoW, or maybe a little bit of GW2, or things like that.

So I guess I'll get off my soap box about that sore subject and just finish by saying that not only are the mounts re-skinned or re-released but theyre grossly over priced especially considering what they are. Ground mounts shouldnt even cost more than 5 bucks cuz lets face it outside of TLE no one really wants them. and even if you released a good solid flying mount with a cool unique graphic anything more than about $15 bucks is just silly. I would think doubly so from a business stand point. Id venture to guess that a mount that costs $12.50 would sell more than 3 or 4 times the amount needed to equal the amount you get from sales of a $25 mount. Id say a fair business model for ground mounts would be about $5, for re-colored or re-released flying mounts Id say $10, and for unique cool looking flying mounts that have original skins would be about $15 bucks. These are prices I would pay and Im no stranger to dumping cash into video games I like to play. Ive probably got $500 or more sunk into EQ2, close to $1000 in League of Legends and God knows how much wrapped up in other games.

Just my .02 worth...
    Naramsin and Prissetta like this.
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Rainmare. I checked and there are some leathery eggs on the broker, ranging from 325-550 plat (and one insane person with one at 7k) but like my blessed Sokokar, the mount gives no stats unless you are level 100, so my old +5 to everything is still better all the way through level 99!

Seems to me these should have at least been like mentoring, and given pro-rated stats based on level, since they are level 85 required mounts. Just saying "you get nothing until level 100" for a mount usable at level 85 is at least a display of laziness, and at worst, well, let's just call it "not good!"
    GrunEQ, Juraiya and HaphazardAllure like this.
  14. Secara New Member

Seriously???? First of all, there's only one mount showing, not that I care. I'm getting a little tired of everything in this game costing additional money after we've paid for an expansion. How much of our money do you want??? The reason you have to consolidate servers to build up the population is because people on a small income need to feed their children before playing EQII. So many players are moving to games that are not so money-hungry. I've lost many friends on this game for just this reason - especially our war veterans who played this game while overseas to save their sanity, only to have to give it up because of it's cost. Shame on you!!!!
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. it figures that the mounts I'm interested in are from the Jarsath Destroyer loot cards, which are not available to redeem in game right now.
  16. Gramma Active Member

If it's not an owlbear mount, I'm not interested.
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Here is an issue I have submitted a petition about, but also started a thread on:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...orm-mannequins-are-buggy.559809/#post-6208424

Keep in mind that I posted it on April 22, 2015, which was over four months ago, and others had issues with it as well. This was and still is an issue for over four months which has not as yet been resolved, and feels more like it has been swept under the rug. This is the byproduct of their database transition, another is when the game crashes to character select if not completely crashing simply for zoning in to ones houses or Guild Halls, which has also not as yet been resolved. These are good examples of NOT being quick to fix an issue.

Now about addressing community concerns, they have not as yet given a date for this server merge they are planning, and neither have they submitted a checklist to prepare for the merge. Keeping us in the dark on this and other issues is NOT being quick to address community concerns.
    Juraiya likes this.
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It is full tradeable/brokerable (the leathery egg) and the price has been plummeting recently so can get that for relatively cheap amount (which reminds me to check today :p) . Unless it's been changed since release, rum cellar is level 100 to zone into.
  19. Belenos Well-Known Member

Now that would be awesome! I might even brave a bit of wife-aggro and go over budget for a true owlbear mount!

But, if the devs really wanted to get me into trouble, then they would make a mount from ol' Tondor--the wooly mammoth from Eastern Wastes! I could have no self-control at all if looking at a true Wooly Mammoth mount!

Yes, there were a half-dozen or so for sale on Guk yesterday at 350-550 plat, fully tradeable, even mailable, until hatched (unpacked), and heirloom afterward, so they can be shared on the same account. 25 loyalty points later (5x bags of plat) and I had one for my 68 Defiler/100 Tailor, as mounts to go along with a black and orange theme are hard to come by. No stats for her till 100, but she does not care.

Now if we could just get the devs to stop making everything new so dog-gone NOISY. The deinodon from the leathery egg is as bad as old Braggy-Pants the monk. When sitting still, it squalks LOUDLY every 5 seconds, and every time you take-off and start flying it bit.... and moans about it LOUDLY, until you level off. Now add that my Defiler also has Quaar up, (Quaar ROARS LOUDLY every 10 seconds, and growls, bit.... and moans in between) and sitting at the broker or a merchant feels like you are in the middle of the San Diego Zoo at feeding time.

Nice sounds, but dang, they are just WAY too frequent! I can put up with Quaar's dialogue, as he is awesome, and unlike Mr. Braggy-Pants the Aerakyn monk, Quaar has the horsepower to back-up his claims!:p
    Brennin and Prissetta like this.
  20. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

An owlbear mount would be terrific and so would a double hump camel or even a single hump. ;)

I am with you, Belenos, a lot of mounts are way too noisy. Would love a way to turn them off. :confused:
    Belenos, Awkk, Strings and 1 other person like this.