Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Limited time...well that is poopy. Some of those mounts are cool and would like to have. But they are very expensive compared to the non-limited time ones. Cannot buy db cash before the time runs out anyway. Sigh.
    Naramsin and Belenos like this.
  2. Dooh Member

This is laughable....
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I am saddened by the price. This is not something I am willing to spend that much money on.
    Naramsin and Cloudrat like this.
  4. Dark Archon Member

In my opinion the other non"limited" mounts are over priced as well.. so $25 for these, and i have even looked at them is a rip-off
  5. Crastinal Active Member

Ha! $25 for an appearance ground mount?

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  6. Nooloon Active Member

Personally I would not pay the price asked. However I do have a suggestion that might make such things more attractive to higher level players.

My suggestion:- Make any ground mount placed in the appearance slot usable when a Flying mount is equipped.

Except for removal of the existing check that the appearance mount is not a ground only mount, it requires ZERO coding effort.

If DayBreak wants to improve customer satisfaction then **GIVE** subscribers features we want, not fluff we don't want.
    Zukira and Juraiya like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

That obsidian unicorn is not black enough. FEH!
    Zukira likes this.
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

Well, I do still use ground mounts whenever I am on the ground, just because it takes little time to change, and because they are a lot faster on the ground than flying mounts on the ground. That said...

Overall, not exactly amazed, but:
    Really like:
    Armored Fiend Steed
    Glacial battle Steed
    Ironclad Strike Steed
    Magmatic Mustang
    Seething Dire Wolf
    (Wolves have the smoothest ride in all Norrath, followed by horses/unicorns, while the Cats have a gait that would quickly relieve you of all the skin from your hangy-down parts!)

Flipside:
    Alabaster Unicorn--really??--'nuff said.
    Warbarded horses--cool, but hardly worth the price.
    Ember Blaze Pegasus--how is this different from the Qeynos flying Pegasus, which costs less and can fly?

Bottom line for me is this:
    (1) The price is high, but I might eventually get two or three of them--eventually.
    (2) Only available for a limited time--why? To try to give them an inflated value?

So basic mathematics for me says 1 + 2 = No mounts for me!

Like a lot of people, I must live on a budget. I can plan for future purchases--even one that I would grumble about as too expensive--and eventually get what I want. Over a year's time I might actually buy 3-6 of these, but the limited time aspect guarantees that I will not get a single one.

High price + Limited time availability = Very "unsmart" move!
    Prissetta, Juraiya and Naramsin like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Really Daybreak???
    Somebody has drank way too much JumJum
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Jesilyn New Member

I'm not excited for any of them. What a RIPOFF!! They are all RE-NAMED EXACT COPIES of the LoN mounts. I would be excited if I got one from the LoN packs, because they are RARE and special.

Thanks for ruining the fun and RARITY of LoN mounts!!! :mad:
    Antisocial likes this.
  12. SilkVelvet New Member

Thanks Feldon,

I had a look at those 'limited time only' mounts through your link and am totally and utterly underwhelmed but the lacklustre mounts on offer. I'll keep my ingame creds thanks dbg, I'll save them for something worth spending on,

Silk,
    BUTCHERBLOCK
    Juraiya and Naramsin like this.
  13. Lenanu Member

About the only use for ground mounts is for toons still under lv 30, or for turning into house items for decorating purposes.... And your only under 30, on the normal servers, for a span of a few hours while TLS is the only place worth getting said mounts as it takes them a LOT longer since leapers won't be ingame there for a long time as well
  14. Belenos Well-Known Member

"Time-Locked Expansion servers" is stated in the plural--does that mean these will be available on the TLE-PVP server as well?

I do not agree about the worth of ground mounts in general--I always put away my pegasus and pop my unicorn in areas that allow ground mounts but do not allow flying--dungeons like Chelsith for instance--as the ground mount is much faster than a flying mount on the ground--and less bulky too.

I have always felt that keeping the ground mounts faster than the flying mounts when on the ground was a great move to keep the ground mounts relevant--something Vanguard did not do--which led to the demise of all ground mounts once the level to fly was attained.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I like some of them a lot. I like the dire bear and the rime komodo and the war warg, really nice look to them. I do wish that the unicorns were a little more imposing, not sure why they just look like horses to me (nothing wrong with horses, just not the look I'd like on a unicorn). Thanks for the screenshots Feldon.
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The only one in that bunch that I like is the purple carpet, and I don't like it enough to pay US$25 (NZ$30) for it.

I would love it if they would make 'black' horses TRULY black, and not some washed-out grey.

Adding my thanks for the screenshots, Feldon. :)
  17. Csipi Active Member

What ever happened to marketplace sales on stuff like this?

Now all we get are recolored ground mounts for top dollar prices. At the very least you should remove the "limited time" part of this event.

Come on, the way it is now is just an obvious cash grab.
    Belenos likes this.
  18. Gnaff Active Member

The only way i would spend $25 for a mount is if it was for all my characters on that account . not just one mount. If this is what DBG considers a good idea. I hate to see what their idea of "Expansion size content" for the next compansion really means ... This is disgusting DBG... really utterly disgusting.....
  19. Strings Well-Known Member

If that goofy blue skystrider thing was 1500 (before all access discount) DGB would already have my money. If the mounts were 1000 I'd probably also have one of the mounts that's flamey. Alas, the cost-benefit analysis says "no".
    Prissetta, Juraiya, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

Still wish I could use the skystrider or the squirrel as appearance for my flying mount
    Belenos and Awkk like this.