Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Melany New Member

A few have commented that these are available from LON packs. When the merc crates were released, many commented they'd be willing to pay more for a specific merc. This appears to be offering just what many have asked for, specific mounts at a slightly higher price with no 'gamble' involved. Another option would be just purchase the LON packs and hope for a mount ? As with most items on marketplace, they're not for everyone.

Had a keyboard glitch.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

I like the flying wings. Could we get some cool new flying wings? How about the flame/lava look or glacier look wings? Peacock wings? Rainbow wings? Parrot wings? Gouldian finch wings? The LoN copper colored wings? I'd buy some of them.

What I don't like are the holiday wings that have things dripping off them, like snow or hearts. Thats just annoying and messy.

And I would also probably use more ground mounts if they could be appearance over fly mounts. You never know when you might fall off a cliff, so I just run fly mounts all the time.
    Belenos and Zukira like this.
  3. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Some of these mounts can be gotten thru quests like the rhinos (Kunark) and flame horse (Lavastorm); unless they have taken them out of game and might be a different color.
  4. Knight Member

wow, what a joke!! not that DB is reading any of this but anyway, just logged on, all i seen was a stupid bear-refit, a stupid warg-refit, an ugly horse with a really ulgy fan thing on its head thats NON-FLYABLE, AND a stupid pair of really bright white wings---none of which FLY!! who the hell uses ground mounts anymore other than new players? nope, keeping my db cash.....shove it db!!
  5. Felinae Member

New "horses" are nice, but dang...$25.00USD for a tarted up, welfare, Kunark wannabee buffalo?
  6. Sunje Active Member

$25.00 USD???

Whats wrong with you Daybreak?
    Naramsin and Belenos like this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in more mounts. I can only use one mount at a time, and have plenty to choose from already, thank you. $25 is too steep, for ANY mount (including flying), especially for a ground mount which will only end up being converted to a house item anyways, since you can't use a ground mount appearance while using a flying mount. As others have already pointed out, these are (already existing) pixels, virtual items that cost nothing to reproduce, so I really can't understand the exorbitant price tag attached to them. I'll live without these mounts, and I WILL SURVIVE! :D
    Naramsin and HaphazardAllure like this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I wish they had a true black version of the flaming Pegasus...the white one with the flames.. In any case the price is way too steep and I'm more interested in seeing more of what our PS artist have waiting to be put out.
    Zukira and HaphazardAllure like this.
  9. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

I'm surprised anyone not one TLE server uses a ground mount. No ground mount currently available (including these limited time ones) have stats anywhere near even the current quested one. Definitely not either the group or raid drop ones. Why would you want to loose crit chance, crit bonus, potency, etc etc? You can't fly during combat and you can't fly in any current raid zone but I'd be rather disappointed if anyone I group or raid with ever switch to a ground mount just because it is prettier or faster.

Even the few flying ones are not really new. Yeah I'm sure some people might want some of the LoN mounts (I still have not got one set of wings that I want) but not at the rip off price of $25. Like someone mentioned earlier the Pegasus is actually pretty close to one that is 1950.

Forgot to put the examine in the SS but the left one is the Qeynos Protector Pegasus (1950) and the right side is the New Limited Time Only Ember Blaze Pegasus (2499). These are taken from previews in the marketplace on a non TLE server standing in the same exact spot with the same exact settings. So... the new one is a touch bit lighter.[IMG]
    Prissetta, Naramsin, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  10. Ripp Savage New Member

I don't post much but I do want to say one thing about these "micro" transactions you guys are trying to bleed us with.

I enjoy this game, it's an underrated MMO of high quality. Good stuff.

However, I've never liked *cough* "micro" transactions, it feels dirty and scammy. Reading the post about these WAY over-priced mounts has me really rethinking my membership. I don't like being treated like an ATM machine. I already pay a monthly fee to use your product and these macro-transactions are just ridiculous.

Want some advice from an old-school gamer? Knock it off. Pissing off your clientele isn't the way to grow a consumer base. I mean really, how do you actually think these kind of outrageous prices are reasonable?

Get over yourselves. Stop treating us with such disrespect. Work on more content NOT tied to "micro" or macro-transactions. Take our MONTHLY FEES and make us proud.

Geez. I thought Smed leaving would be a good thing, now I'm thinking there might not be hope no matter who grabs the wheel.
    Naramsin likes this.
  11. Josgar Active Member

Don't buy the mounts if you think they are overpriced. It should signal to them that they are overpriced.
    Moonpanther, Neiloch, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  12. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

^^ This. I miss the days of EQ2/UO/AC/Original EQ2 where I paid my $15 and any new content that came out (excluding expansions obviously) I got free of charge. Want a cool new illusion? Do this quest or kill this mob! New mount? Rinse repeat. Dev makes new item? Either it comes with the next expansion or is added to a current mobs loot table or new/old quest. None of this $15-25 on top of my $15.
    Stubbadub, Prissetta, Enoibia and 2 others like this.
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm? I truly hope so.
    Stubbadub and Prissetta like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The idea of making mounts account wide is a great idea...I think people would be more willing to get one then. Here is another idea...make these mounts into plushies like you did with the squirrel mounts and price the same as the squirrel plushies. Us decorators love plushies. But do NOT make them for a limited time only.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I can understand the typical posts moaning about marketplace stuff being a rip-off, but this sort of statement is ridiculous beyond all of those.

We are 11 years into this game. I think the fact that the game is still being played (even with fewer people) demonstrates that more than enough loyalty has been forged between EQ2 and its players.

As for telling them to not make revenue a priority, that's even more ridiculous. They're not going to be able to develop any content if they don't keep making money. The marketplace is going to be where most of that happens.
    Awkk and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As a long-time player who has opened many a LoN pack, I did find the mounts pretty ho-hum. OTOH, the people on the TLE server may be ecstatic to simply get a mount. I hope it makes money for DBG, even if it won't get money from some of us who have been around for years and have stables full of these very steeds.
    Prissetta and Neiloch like this.
  17. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I try for the wolf mounts every month with my free LON packs, but no luck. I'd gladly buy the wolf mount DBG recently put on the store if it cost $10-$15, but $25 is way too much. :(
    Prissetta and Naramsin like this.
  18. kluxor Well-Known Member

Can I just pay $25 for my last ethereal?
    Foretold, Naramsin and Feldon like this.
  19. Test Taffies Active Member

Hey... why not make them purchasable with those loyalty coins, that is where all the cool 'rare' stuff has gone so why not add them there? for a limited time? :confused:
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

It won't though. They'll stand around shaking their heads not understanding why every player isn't buying 5 new mounts. They'll shrug their shoulders, declare it's not their fault, then fire a few more devs.
    Stubbadub likes this.