DO SOMETHING WITH US

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-AbbuCloudshaper, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Aull wrote:
    I would suggest they stop crying and start doing. And stop listening to people who don't play the class telling them what their class should and shouldn't do.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

eof gear never had crit on it so how did you get crit on it?
    and i know the class, our suvivablity is the problem so why dont you learn the problems and play the game. i bet you are on of those that have just learned to live with it. well i am not going to just live with it. i want us to be equal with other tanks and to be the class we are suppose to be.
    sure you were not argueing with me about it but i dont care.
    and how do you think i can get both with out droping chi? if i dont drop chi i have to drop my Melee Crit which i not going to do until i get it higher (only at 76%, losing 21 Melee Crit is alittle to much for my liking). so if there is another way to get all that let me know but no matter which way you do the aa you cant get all it because of the limit.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

5. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Morghus wrote:
    He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, no sense spelling it out for him.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    you dont either then, when someone now says it is a crit piece they are talking about it has +crit mit, not a proc that gives melee crit. i would say you are stuck in EoF but you cant be doing tso zones. that and the T3 chest piece is still better so still dont see how you can ever tank the zones, so either your other gear is better than you are leading us to believe or your lieing. take your poison, which is it?
  7. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

I've tanked Guk3 in T2/T3 and my T4 boots, the templar I had to heal me said I was much easier to heal than a plate tank there because by the time I was hit and his reactives went off they where already refreshed from cool down.

Monks can tank, it may not be as easy on AoE fights as an SK who can roll his face across they keyboard and hold agro, but it certainly not impossible. Hell, they only time I lost agro in the ring events was when one of the DPS wasn't assisting me and ripped an add, but all I have to do to fix that is hit Hidden Opening...
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    You really don't have a leg to stand on here, other people besides me are telling you how silly your position is. I tanked PoF without TSO gear when this expansion first came out, this was also BEFORE it was nerfed to make it easy mode, you know the easy mode you are still having difficulty with lol. There isn't really a need to lie about it I just brought it up because of your claims we need all this great TSO gear to tank things. Also, since you seem pretty new to this game you should also know T3 gear didn't exist at TSO launch it didn't come for a few months at the next LU which was delayed alot due to the tank revamp debacle so pretty much every brawler that tanked it back then probably did it in worse gear then you.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    well from what i have read the past 3 days now?... i think you the only one to argue about we can tank other than the guy that just posted above your last post. you dont have anyone claiming about tanking pof before the update and well if i am correct many raiders had a good few T4 pieces before the LU. and apperently you are not seeing what i am agrueing about i want sony to fix. that and you said pretty much every brawler has tanked it (in bold). well i dont think there is a group on my server that will ever let a brawler tank unless they have high end gear. pls read the forum again and try and see my point and if you are going to do the you said such and such pls make sure i said it noob. i never said you needed T4 gear to take PoF or do raids. i dont care about tanking a raid so count that out. and for pof if they would just make our avoidance worth **** and nerf the aviodance plate tanks get from shield avoidance they would get hit harder and it would even us out. i am just sick of getting pasted oer for another tank because they do think i can do the zone. i am sick of being passed up by others that cant hold agro better then me. we brawlers are like scouts, our mit does not even compare to scouts and our avoidance does not matter if gaurds and other plate tanks have the same amount. either make us the uber dps of fighters where the others cant come close to even scratching ours, or nerf the shields bonuses and let us be the avoidance tank we are suppose to be.
    on another not which of the brawlers is the aoe tank. i have heard that bruisers are but how is that. i got 2 aoes (not AA based) and both are on 30sec + timers. so how are we the aoe tanks?
  10. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruisers have the highest melee aes of all tanks that is why you are considered the ae class. As far as the other stuff I really am not here to teach a bruiser how to play his class. This is the monk forum sorry maybe your bruiser friends can help you. I suggest you ask Crabbok for help he's a bruiser that does everything you cant.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    lol your like arguing with a brick wall and nothing gets through to you does it. the second post was complaining about brawlers so may be you should complain and have sony make a brawler from for things like this. as for highest melee aes i would say zerker does, out of bruisers and monks, i might agree with the melee part but that is not what counts it is over all aes. i have asked crabbok some question (not directly but have asked and he has responded) and it did me no good what so ever. i dont need someone to teach me how to play the class, because there are 1000 ways to play the class depending on your play style. and if you cant agree with that then you are one of those high end raiders that only cares about himself and should stop posting on forums period.
    the overall fact is that brawlers are underpowered if you match a non raider plate tank to a non raid brawler. the thing is in duels if i dont kill you in the frist roughly 45sec to 1min you have me beat. that is tank vs tank. and that is just not right because our aviodance should make up for our lower mit which it never does.
    for once can you just consider what this whole post was about and think of what is best for the overall game play of tank. and pls get out of your small little world of high in raiding and think about the people who dont!!!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    Thank you for making it perfectly clear you that you are a bad brawler because you can't listen to advice, you pretty much proved my whole point about you with this one post. I could talk more about how so far off you are about brawlers not completely owning plate tanks in duels and how you shouldn't comment on zerk aes either since you clearly don't have a clue about that as well but I'll just end it here by laughing at your pathetic attempt to first call me a liar then now all of a sudden I am a small world high raider whats next rl examples? I mean seriously when you don't have a leg to stand on putting your foot in your mouth is a remarkable feat.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    see that was my whole point of the last post you loser, you are completely just self centered and all you care about is yourself. maybe you should start a bruiser and see my point because apperently you dont know what a bruiser can do because your a monk. so unless you have a bruiser stop telling people what they can do based off a monks view. your saying that i am a bad brawler. well yeah maybe at tanking, not single mobs about aes yeah. dps i am fine, guessing your going to say something about it after it tell you that i am roughtly to 7 or 8 in my guild raids behind the assassins and wizzy, and may a illy. your going to say something like the guild raids must suck but what ever. you are a self center high end raider that does not care about others. i dont care about owning a plate tank in duels. all i care about being equal for once, if brawlers cant be a tank that can compete with gaurds then make us the dps by a landside. so bchizzle either post over the topic or dont and go back to your small little world you live in where it is all about you.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sanser Guest

I started reading this thread because of all the good info i was finding in the earlier posts, but all that bickering is really useless and straying away from how good this thread could be.
  15. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

Magnis@Nagafen wrote:
    Unfortunately you have two people who don't seem to be the most... compromising... people ever taking up opposite view points on the class. I noticed that you are on the same server as me, if you need any help feel free to send me a tell any time and I will certainly try to help you out.

As for the state of the monk class, I don't think they are as bad off as some people would have you believe, I know I have talked to a lot of people in my guild and otherwise and they really like grouping with me on my monk. I've had my fair share of people saying "Wow, I didn't know monks could tank / DPS / PvP / whatever like that" and I've had an equal number of players who wouldn't give me the time of day because I play the class I enjoy playing. Overall, I do think the monk class could use some buffs in terms of AoE agro generation and the current state of avoidance tanking (particularly strike-through) but these are easy fixes in my opinion and we are hardly ***** who can't earn a spot in a group..
  16. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Ambrin@Nagafen wrote:
    Fact is you have a scrub player here complaining he can't tank and we should be buffed to be better tanks. Then he says he doesn't care about tanking so he obviously hasn't tried, now when called out on it he's crying. Go back to your bruiser forum and QQ there thx.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    ARE YOU RETARTED!!!! i have never cared about tanking just wanted to be useful for once. make us one of the classes people want to group with. you never read the post and what it was about. so i am just not going to post anymore because arguing with A RETARTED is a waste of my time. but before i stop posting, put yourself in other brawlers shoes that dont raid and dont have the raid spot you do. if you where them would you be happy. and dont tell me that you would work to better youself because that would be you being full of **** that you have been this whole post. and even if you say that you could not better yourself because you could not get in the groups you could now. so just think about that if you can process that.
  18. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    Great, let me be the first to thank you for not posting anymore, this forum just got better by subtraction.
  19. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( Mosha, take absolutely no notice of BChizzle, he is the Monk forum's resident troll, who takes pleasure in trying to wind up others. Take this thread for example, he has already posted 15 times on it out of 38 posts, in an attempt to ram his petty opinion down the throat of every other monk player. He does the same on every thread, and I am a little surprised Kiara has not given him a boot up the behind by now, he is certainly needing one.
    Ignoring the one troll and everything he says, most monk (well, brawler) players know the class is suffering a little at the moment. In monk form, I too have been refused raids and even groups just because of my class alone (and told I would be welcome as one of my other characters - it is purely a class issue). I know many others who are reporting the same thing. And indeed, most non-brawler players that I have heard comment, say the same things as well.
    The brawler classes are needing a bit of attention. I am not talking about the hardcore raiding minority here, I am referring to the mass of normal players - the monk can* do what any plate tank can do, but just needs to be a lot better geared to do the same thing. Same goes for DPS role vs the scout classes.
    SOE are not exactly fast reacting, but they are not blind either.
    Until then, I'll concentrate on other characters more. :) ))
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Calling me a troll won't change the fact monks can and do tank effectively and anyone crying by saying they can't are talking pure nonsense. That is the point, and in my experience is devs are much more inclined to respond to ration thought out arguments rather then throw your hands up in the air hyperbole.