Current EQ2 Station Player Website Issues (Post your issues here)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dougdoug, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Raetsel Guest

aetsel@Valor wrote:
    Another week later. No updates for the Valor server.
    Any chance that we get some compensation. One month ago I got a 3 day of free play because I was stupid enough to pay for non working services.
    Seems like there is absolutely NO priority at the SOE web team to fix this problem.
    It cannot be that hard to get a cronjob to run each night to collect the data from valor like you are collecting it from all other servers? If you don't have the time to fix that sinple thing then please let me know and I will fix it for you at no charge (once I got granted access to the servers in question).
    So let me see what we get offered:
    Select individual services for EUR0.99/mo each.
    Advanced Leaderboards: Does NOT work. Our chars are not getting updated in the leaderboards (e.g. my questcount it months old)
    Advanced Character Profiles: Does NOT work. The Inventory window is the only thing that is up to date (so you see what you have equipped) but all other stats re months old (from march).
    So this is 2x 0.99EUR value each month that does not get delivered. That is a total value of like half a monthly subscription (3months x 2euro). Compensated by a onetime 3 day of free play. :-(
    Please fix this ASAP.
  2. ARCHIVED-PsiberDaemon Guest

Every single character I have ever created (and since deleted) still show up on EQ2 Players... I know this is a known issue, I'm just wondering if there is a fix in the works or not...
  3. ARCHIVED-Shakyrah Guest

Dougdoug, i have a feeling you are the only one at Sony even pretending to be worried about fixing the eq2players leaderboards. The issue of highest melee hit being posted to the leaderboards has been on going for all servers, and since at least nov. of last year for Permafrost. I stopped paying for this service in Feb. and have been waiting for it to be fixed before paying for it again. You first started posting about trying to fix that issue back in March. It is now the middle of June with no fix in sight. Please stop posting on here about trying to fix it with no real fix in sight. I know its your job to give people false hope so Sony can keep charging people for a service that doesnt work, but ya seem like a nice guy so please just stop.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

The OP apparently isn't keen on the post actually being read, so I'll just go by the title.
    My issue is that the guild webchat so seldom works. It's changed from always giving the 303 error to getting as far as Loading guild chat.. I then keep trying again and again but more often than not the time I had to talk to the guild runs out before I can actually connect.
  5. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

You know, i had actualy thought that eq2players had been discontinued 4 years ago.
    The characters and guilds sections at least. I noticed they didnt seem to be being updated so i just didnt come back.
    Tho recently i did look back, then i saw this thread and ive noticed that it is being updated but only partialy.
    One thing first about the web guild chat, ive never seen that work, i tried it right after launch, read that it was temporaraly down for maintanence. Tried it again and again over a year and same thing, maybe a year ago no message just nothing and again today.
    Just going by what i looked at today and what i remember from my levels and my guild members Ive noticed much of what people are saying above.
    For example my highest hit shows just over 20k on players and im sure remember when i got that. It was when i was lvl 70 and i think on a labs raid back when 70 was the cap, 2 years ago. I know im hitting consistanly much much higher than that since RoK and more so TSO. So that single item on my character is 2 years out of date, however it shows my combat/craft levels upto date, as far as i can tell my number of quests compete is also about right. But I respeced my AA a few days ago and players shows the old AA. It shows my guild status in place where personal status should be but even that is maybe a couple weeks out of date. It shows my equipment correctly. As for my characters stats, it shows correctly my health, sta, int, wis, cold, heat, poison, magic. all the rest wrong (i could imagine those would have been right with my pre-shard armor.)
    My guild info on players is also part right part wrong. The total number of players and unique members is not right but i can tell right away why that is. Although it seems to keep new recruits up-to-date (within a couple weeks or so) there are players still listed on the roster that left and quit eq2 entirely 4 years ago. A senior officer is still listed as such tho he has been gone for 4 years. The ranks are partly right and partly wrong. Many have been promoted and a few demoted that havent been recognised in eq2players. And yet some that just joined a couple weeks back and got a promotion show up perfectly in eq2players.
    Just from a 15min glance through my own characters and guild i can see that all information on eq2players is correct or was correct. It may be 2 weeks out-of-date or 2 years or 4 years. But at some point it was right. The problem seems to be with the software that they use to keep things syncronised between game and web. It is great at keeping things like character levels and equipment and guild recruits current within a couple weeks. But something happened 6 months ago and 2 years ago that casued it to stop updating some of the information like highest hit and character stats. Something else happened 4 years ago that stopped it updating deleted or removed characters from your character list and guild roster.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

crunn wrote:
    I can actually answer this part. I know at least the guild data will not update for charcters until they log back in. So if you kick them fo inactivity, but they never come back to the game, you will still see them on the roster. It's been like this for ages (well before RoK launch, at the very least), unless they changed it while I wasn't watching.
  7. ARCHIVED-DumplesTheBunny Guest

My profile still has characters that I deleted 6+ months ago on it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

DumplesTheBunny wrote:
    Dumples,
    Thank you for your information, this issue is known and in our database. As soon as a fix goes in I will be sure to post it and let you know.

-If you have any other questions please feel free to ask
    Dougdoug "It's a Family Name"
    Web Presence Q/A
    Sony Online Entertainment
  9. ARCHIVED-Megera Guest

guild gave up ages ago and i made a website for our guild - still don't have a decent roster because, frankly, the roster isn't updated regularly enough on eq players and I'll have to do it by hand. I'm looking into some of the other options, but if the programs for eq2 rosters uses eq2players, its just worthless to me as eq2 players still has guildmates who left a year ago with their old ranks. they should be AWOL but they're still officers.
    This really is not good enough to bother using for me. I can't log in as guildmaster and haven't been able to since lvl 40 (guild is now 59) and the rest of eq players? just not working well enough to waste time coming to it for character purposes. I loved it when it first came out - now its just another feature thats bugged all to buggery.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Hello EQ2Players,
    I have very good news! The signature alignment issue has been resolved. The fix however does not re-adjust any old images that you may already have uploaded. So in order to get your signatures to display properly you must re-upload your photos.

-If you have any further questions or continue to see this issue, please feel free to post it.
    Dougdoug "It's a Family Name"
    Web Presence Q/A
    Sony Online Entertainment
  11. ARCHIVED-Bridgeplay Guest

Dougdoug, here's a datapoint for you.
    When Tinkerfest went live I got two server discoveries very quickly. I was curious how quickly they'd show up on my EQ2Players data. The answer is, somewhere between 24 and 36 hours.
    Except, the items show up as I discovered N/A. The count is correct on the number of items I've gotten server discovery on, but the two most recent items I've discovered aren't in the EQ2Players database.
    When I played Warhammer this sort of thing went in the player's record book instantly. Many other games have been that way for quite a while. Real time updating.
    Yes, I know there's some kind of journal updating coming to EQ2 someday, but by industry standards it's already been someday for quite a while. What sort of progress is SOE making in addressing these issues?
  12. ARCHIVED-supertok Guest

Highest Melee Hit still not updated for Everfrost server but i give up on that I don't think that will ever be fixed. Another issue is biography that was deleted from character in game still showing up on EQ2 players site for months now. Also no option to delete Profile image or set back to default image.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vedian Guest

Please add a option for the Dynamic Item database to be able to search by zone as well as it's current criteria. It helps inmensly to cut down access time especially when concerned with looking up items for just a particular area.
    Thank you,
  14. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

15. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

I don’t expect there will be any fixes for any of the eq2players problems. The responses are always very vague and noncommittal simply reassuring us to be patient.

Very occasionally there is a post saying something has been fixed, like the guild web chat 5 months ago. If it was fixed it was certainly broken again just a few hours later. I wonder if it was fixed at all? If they really wanted it fixed and couldn’t find the problem they could put some staff on the job, strip the whole system down and rebuild it in less than 5 months, but here we are 5 months on and not another word about it.

The main problem is business and money. SOE CA is a business and like any business they are all about making money to ensure their jobs and in this case also to keep the parent company from interfering.
    Looking at the recent ventures SOE have been pushing LON and Station Cash. These are purely simple easy money making schemes, very little effort needed on their part. Then there is ZAM, I don’t think SOE own ZAM but they certainly wouldn’t be advertising it like they have if they weren’t getting something out of it. Which is even better for them, someone else does all the work while SOE take a part of the profits.
    I remember there was some issue with Station Cash not so long ago, not recognising certain credit card types or something like that. That issue was fixed in 30 mins and broadcast in game many times to make sure everyone knew that it was fixed because it was a money making priority. Eq2players has had issues since launch, listed in this thread and others over the years, none of which have ever been fixed. Simply because there is little or no profit to be made from eq2players, more so now that ZAM has become what eq2players was supposed to have been.

It is a waste of time and money to assign staff to eq2players when they would be better positioned in more profitable departments.

Dougdoug seems a genuinely nice helpful guy. I’m sure he came into this with all the intentions of fixing these issues, but his hands are probably tied. I’m sure he is as deeply annoyed about this as we are, I’m sure the management only sends him here from time to time to say a few words (probably scripted) to quieten us. And I’m sure he would like more than anything to actually be allowed to fix these issues once and for all if they would only let him.
  16. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

crunn wrote:
    Crunn,
    My department recently took on Station Players and we currently have folks working on fixing these bugs and issues daily. We are working to clean up the many issues you've been experiencing and are also looking into the new guild chat issues you mentioned. We haven't seen any tickets come in for guild chat connectivity issues -- please PM me your account name and character name and I'll look into this personally.
    Best,
    - Jacob
  17. ARCHIVED-Sever Guest

There are other posts on melee hits not updating, but noticed that the Illusionist blackburrow high melee hit board, at least for the top 5 hasn't changed since before the release of TSO as I'm high on that board but I've seen higher melee hits on parses than what it shows.

The other issue is an old one, but when a character transfers over to another server, the rankings data is mostly reset to 0 for the character. I thought I read something from Fan Faire about this data also tranferring over once they released the SC xfer tokens, but I noticed that it had not. Also if this is ever fixed, I'm guessing past transfer data is lost and can't be restored to the character profiles? I xferred servers a year ago and was quite sad to learn that my leveling history and discos going back to game launch dissapeared

*Edit - removed some issues since they were discussed earlier
  18. ARCHIVED-Soulslayer1 Guest

Potion of Amnesia does not yeild player ID # change, therefore if searched as old name, they searcher will be directed to new name. Pretty pointless to use potion then IMO. Yet character transfer does yeild player ID # change. Possible to fix?
  19. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

Another non-commital reassurance from SOE, thanks. If I may be frank we don't want reassurances, what we've been waiting for (since November) is action. Please spare us the "we're working on it" replies, I think they are starting to grate.
    I know SOE is more concerned with us asking politely rather than the actual content of the issues we experience but I have been a paying customer for years, I have 2 accounts, and this is getting very tiring. I'm tired of playing Simon Sez with you guys. I'm tired of jumping through your hoops and getting no results other than vague promises that you're "working on it". I'm tired of your fanbois telling us to "stop playing" if we don't like it. Some seem to think that because we pay for this game that we shouldn't complain, I say it's because I pay for this that I SHOULD complain when not getting the service that I'm paying for.
    The leaderboards used to work, you seem to have no problems keeping highest HP and power up to date, but for months now you continue to ignore the problems with the highest hit (at least melee hit, dunno about magical). Don't worry, this is the last time I'll be asking, but please fix this problem ASAP. It saddens me that you've let this go so long in its current state. I've been a loyal customer for years but this is getting very frustrating.
  20. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Wow. EQ2Players after being abandoned for a year or more finally gets a developer working on it and your response is essentially screw you?