Class balancing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by TheCrux, Apr 20, 2016.

1. El Chupa Loud Member

hes also getting every temp buff during this time, buffing his own hp by 15%, hes playing the class to its fullest and being rewarded for it
  2. Sprok Active Member

You're not reading what I'm writing, just like the guy earlier. It is mechanically impossible for a necromancer to keep up with the damage that he is taking from his lifeburn on the content we are doing, I can assure you, that you cannot heal the amount of damage he is taking with all of your heals.
  3. Lithinor Member

lol alright, you don't have to believe me, but it's being done. it isn't with just the necro heals mind you. but what do i know, the necro class is the only thing i play on live and tle
  4. El Chupa Loud Member

its painfully apparent that you were leading us to believe you were SOLO healing yourself during lifeburn and keeping your HP at full. to which sprok said was impossible, because it is impossible.
  5. agosborne Member

Lifetap -- transfer life -- lifetap...haha ha ha
  6. Lithinor Member

i never said solo or full

yep, transfer life being the more potent, but i'm sure you'll figure it out
  7. Sprok Active Member

Let me put it this way, across 332 lifeburn ticks in our most recent Emerald Halls run, it hit for an average of 34k per tick. There is no feasible way that you and whatever other second rate players you surround yourself with, from whatever trash tier guild you "raid" on TLE with, could ever come close to handling a good, properly geared Necro using lifeburn. Otherwise, I can assure you, you would have progressed further through this content, or are these mindlessly simple scripts too much for you to handle?

Edit - Rereading a bunch of your responses here, there is a high potential you're talking about Necromancers on Live, in which case you're even more ignorant than I though, since this is clearly marked as a TLE thread.
  8. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I did play a ranger in original eq2.

Is your assumption that its not the player but rather the class that is good? Perhaps you should reconsider your rotation and/or how you do things, gear, etc. bards doing 6-9K+ DPS over a ranger? That seems unbelievable... literally unbelievable. Not like oh wow im shocked, but unbelievable like you're full of it.
  9. Lithinor Member

lifeburn is garbage on live and isn't even worth casting, but thanks for the insults :D you're a class act just like you were on live
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Good Lord. Because getting a server first on TLE in 2016 is such an accomplishment.
  11. DAN F Member

I didn't see you complaining a decade ago when neckros were severely underpowered
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Bless your heart, Onra, but you've already seen that no amount of 'demanding' class and item balance is going to actually get it done. Yes, things are better with EoF, but that's only because they were so bad for the earlier part of the game. I had a ton of pride in my characters and work throughout most of the game's history - the TLE is not deserving of that level of healing expertise and commitment, IMO, so there we differ.

My comment was on the saltiness and arrogance of Sprok's post.
  13. DAN F Member

While I don't always agree with everything Sprock says he's pretty much on when it comes to what he said about the DPS is not nearly as wide as disparity as people make it out to be
    Also the healing of life burning isn't nearly as good as people make it out to be

What almost everybody fails to realize is that this is an ever-changing game

You are always going to have flavors of the month

For years I played three specific classes very unloved back in the day

It took years and several expansions for them to become loved

In the answer then wasn't for us to continually cry and whine to nerf someone else.
    It was simply to game good statistical information over a period of time and present that information so that it could be judged by the developers ( there were no neckro playing developers at the beginning of the game )

So you can either cry and whine or you can just wait till the flavor of the month changes
  14. Ap0k Member

*You were soooo close to grasping what I was parodying. Akin to a basketball circling the rim 4 times, I was really rooting for you, and then, disappointment set in when it became clear you had no idea.
  15. Casr Dagor New Member

The tanking issue has to be resolved. Last night, we were running a group with a guardian tank. The mobs were yellow and orange to them. While consistently parsing high heal parses, it was very rough going. Then the necro said he'd just tank with his pet. So, we reconfigured and healed through the pet.

Now, besides the fact that I'm doing 1k hps and the necro is doing 1k-2k hps (out healing a defiler), the necro tank was MUCH better at handling the damage.

There's something wrong with this picture. So, we made the joke in VC that we should just put together a raid full of necros. Got DPS, got 24 tanks and 24 healers. Can't beat it, right?

Something has to be done with this. It is plain broken.
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Casr Dagor New Member

It is interesting that you haven't asked for a nerf to the Necro Pet but instead a buff.

I'm usually in favor of buffs over nerfs. However, with the stat inflation, is it time to bring things down instead of keep pushing up?
  17. Elostirion Well-Known Member

That would be geometric, not exponential.

Carry on.
  18. Microman Member

Onra is totally right, very odd when we doing dungeons with pets as tanks and not how the game ever was.

Conjy/necros pets are so OP currently, really looks a good look at why.
  19. Irvin Active Member

I'm with Onra on this. give me more HP's, I'm sick to death of getting one shotted by raid mobs. 23,750 HP's is not enough when mobs are double tapping you for 17K.
  20. Livejazz Well-Known Member

How much health did a well-geared tank have, during the old-school EOF days?