(TLP) Possible solutions to "permacamped" raid targets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallpox, Jun 8, 2015.

1. nectarprime123 Augur

Of course you don't want instances, if there are none then everyone has to buy something from your guild
    oldkracow likes this.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

I came back for this server because I miss playing real open world MMORPGs, not yet another instanced lobbied World of SoloCraft.

The instancing and boxing is bad enough as is. Leave it alone.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Ceffener Augur

Pretty sure if you take 120 people into the raid with you, your not plaYing solo.
    Finwen likes this.
  4. liveitup1216 Augur

We're all together in the world, regardless of guild tags and goals and whatever. Splitting things up into little boxes isn't an MMORPG. They're massively online single player games.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Still pretty sure working together with 120 other people is not a single player game. Unless you personally box all members of TL.

If so, kudos.
  6. Finwen Augur

Even with instancing raids, WoW and EQ are incredibly far apart in terms of gameplay. If someone can't separate the two, that tells me they have either never played WoW, or never played EQ.

Let's keep pumping out that hyperbole.
    Adrienna and Drexll like this.
  7. Rancor New Member

Name one thing we have sold from a raid boss.
    Nailed it.
  8. Ceffener Augur

Even of they were exacly the same. Mythic requires 20 people. Normal/Heroic 10-25 people. Bgs/PVP/other stuff all require people.

Oh you can solo to max level.

Just like on this server.
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

This forum pretty much sums up why the MMO genre is so stagnant. We keep demanding the same cookie cutter slop. Instances! Flight paths! All reward, no risk!

We need more backbones around here.
  10. Ceffener Augur

What you really want is an open world full out PVP server.

Which if guilds were literally fighting each other over the boss. This competing thing would sound a lot more interesting.
  11. liveitup1216 Augur

You maade my point entirely. You can solo to max, then at most interact with 20-25 people. That is not an MMO. That's a decent LAN party at best.

Uninstanced EQ is hundreds of people being forced to interact over limited resources and interdependence.

Interdependence barely exists with boxing and overpowered mechanics. Now you want unlimited resources on a conveyor belt.

So yes, they're pretty darn identical in that regard.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

Oh yes I'd love if Ragefire had PvP. Hateseeker and I brought this up before. PvP would fix every single problem without any instancing.

People can't complain when they're at a loading screen.
    Fallfyres, Nindi and Drexll like this.
  13. RainbowTest Augur

Gee I wonder how everquest solved that age old problem of toxic player vs player service disruptions over raid content. Maybe we should rewind time and take a look at what they did? Whats that? They released more servers than they needed? They opened more servers as well? They created secondary npc's for quest hand ins? Gave out cloned versions of items in special GM events? Hmmmm why aren't we doing this now? Oh cause the guild with 150 members on one server where 90 of them are 6 botting mages with the raid content locked down seems to think that instancing killed the game instead of helped extend its time on top before alternatives worth leaving for showed up.
    Seilan, Adrienna and Drexll like this.
  14. Giles Trainbringer Journeyman

This entire conversation reminds me of the bro off from south parks
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  15. Ceffener Augur

In instanced or uninstanced classic EQ on this server you depend on 6 people maybe l. Most classes could solo to max. Raid bosses are being dropped by a single boxer.

PVP is what you want. Let's do it. Hardcore PVP server and a casual server.

We have a solution!
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  16. liveitup1216 Augur

Idk I've grouped with a ton of people so far, many of whom were non-TL. Most classes can't solo to max, only a handful. Boxing is the problem with that, but that's been beaten to death already. DBG already made their stance, so easy leveling is here to stay.

Raid bosses being dropped by boxers is also related to above, and isn't an instancing problem. Players have too much power, and it breaks the game dynamics.

PvP would've been a much, much better solution.
  17. Ceffener Augur

That is the core problem. Outside the instance/non instance argument the core gameplay is just broken for the era.

Could be wrong but feel like all classes but Sk/Pld/Clr/War, maybe Ench, could solo to max. Then again why? It's even easier to just sit in a group and get xp with pew pew.

Everything is easy.

Then the fight is:

1. Instance more, so more people can do more.
    2. Release more content, so more people can do more.

Think that pretty much summarizes were anyone who will non trolling talk about this.
    Fallfyres, Adrienna and Nindi like this.
  18. Rancor New Member

Upping respawn rates one some stuff would help too. Like mini bosses in PoH/PoF as well as the tier 1 mobs that drop gear. That stuff is farmed by everyone.
  19. liveitup1216 Augur

We agree on the problems but I'd opt for a Solution 3: bring player powr down so you don't need instancing or fast expansions. This has been the kneejerk fix for content stagnation for years.

Just churn out more content instead of fixing your design to make the existing content last longer.
    Fallfyres and Finwen like this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

Agreed. I just left out 3 since DBG has indicated they are not going to special tune the server because of live blah blah.

Think most people would enjoy if the dragon actually took 40 people and was hard.
    Fallfyres and Finwen like this.
  21. Finwen Augur

Somebody requesting that content becomes challenging again? I like the direction of this topic now.
    Fallfyres likes this.