If DBG doesn't suspend <CAF>...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gladiatoreq, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarth Lorekeeper

lol this whole concept is pathetic. so is the matter-of-fact stance people like you take on these things. If you really need a rotation, at least be amendable to adjustments if it makes sense. Raid mobs should never remain idle, at least not after its been determined someone cant kill it.

Maybe the amendment is: In the event your guild does not have the raid force available to kill a gatekeeper mob, the council must be notified and all guilds will be given a 1 hour notice that the mob will then be FFA.

Is that even really FFA? Nope. Will all guilds provide notice they cant staff the raid on their gatekeeper day? Nope.

I like how a rotation guild can give away or trade their rotation kill to anyone, but a gatekeeper rotation guild can't. Must be because they are lowly peasants that haven't earned the right to do such a grand thing. Oh wait FP killed Innoruuk....and then CAF killed Naggy and Vox....so wouldn't that make FP "rotation qualified"?

What a mess for a game. Go back to FFA.
  2. Okial Augur

Do the old rotation rules actually state explicitly that a guild CANNOT give away their attempts/mob?

Seems like a great deal of over something that there isn't even a rule against. Might not be ethical and should be remedied for future occurances, but seriously, actually put thought into it. Rules dictate what you cannot do, or explicitly what you only can do. Neither of which are applicable here.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

This whole thing seems utterly ridiculous from the council to DBG for giving it any official sanction.
  4. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

Giving away mobs would infer collusion from everyone and be a nightmare, I mean common sense right?
  5. Okial Augur

Do explain what about these servers, and their rotations, seem like they've been built upon common sense?
  6. Anarth Lorekeeper

And in addition, this cutting edge, end game content isn't made for everyone in Everquest. In WoW it was, sure. But even then some of the raid mobs were so hard or unbalanced, that not everyone could kill them given then chance. It took forever for people to clear BT/Hyjal and Sunwell Keep even with raid instances. And not everyone had "all the gear" either, so it was still pretty accomplishing to get something.

Now back to the real game, as Kunark, Velious, Luclin are released, not only will the population die down a little bit, previous contents will be available for more raiding. Back in the day guilds like TL or Apok would have a couple members do alt raids, where they would be pugs to carry a force through Naggy/Vox/Cazic/Inny/Trak/Gore/AoW and not to mention most of the T1 and T2 flag mobs in PoP. Did it happen right off the gate? No they were busy establishing their own guild's foothold and dominance and competitive edge.

Granted I'll eat these words and lvl 52 mage bots will farm Vox/Naggy, and 60 mage bots will farm Cazic for AoN....but I can't really help that. Just like I cant help the need for instancing, DBG needs to intervene for that, or outsource one of the old Dev's for a short term to come back and make some quick changes.
  7. Okial Augur

While understanding how the game will progress is probably accurate information, I'm confused as to how any of this contributes positively to the current conversation?
  8. Zublak Augur

Simply put, don't be an idiot.

You only look bad for questioning why this is wrong. There is nothing gray about those rules. Kindergartners could understand that rule. So take your own advice and use some common sense, or maybe you're just bad at trolling.
  9. Okial Augur

Please do show a screenshot of the EXACT wording of the rule that you believe prohibited this "wrong" action.
  10. Zublak Augur

Yep, you're definitely an idiot.
  11. Arya1 Lorekeeper

If the current rotation doesn't go into enforcement until 9pm tonight as per the arbitrator of the rotation, then your point and your original post is not only invalid but also the immature nature of starting this post is not good precedent. If there are issues with the guild rotation, only leaders and assigned representatives of guilds should be discussing it, not some random person.
  12. Pinto_Bean Augur

The fact that you guys can trade mobs when they are already up is ridiculous to me. Are there any rules to trades? There should be heavy limitations about when you can trade and how many mobs can be traded to each guild.

If you can trade a mob when there are 15-30 min left in the rotation (or whatever this situation was), that is ridiculous. You should limit trades to the first 30 min of the spawn cycle but after that. the 3 hours has to run its course and the mob is a failed kill.
    Get a guild leader channel or something and post the exact time that it can be engaged. Don't do stuff in tells. If the leader channel gives a time and gives a 3 2 1 GO than it is just a DPS race.
  13. Zublak Augur

Why should I go through the trouble? It's been mentioned a 100 times guilds have a 3 hour window and if another guild engages before that window is open then they're breaking the rules. I mean really? Have you not read anything on the 100+ pages since this rotation was put in place? If not why are you even commenting about the rules if you haven't even looked into it?
  14. Okial Augur

I like how your argument to his post is an insult.
  15. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Except the rotation doesn't even go into place until 9 pm est today. So, please tell me what's your point?
  16. Zublak Augur

1. Guilds have 3 hours to kill a raid target once spawned. If the raid target is still up after 3 hours it becomes FFA.
  17. Zublak Augur

That is a rule in the current rotation, not the new one that will go in later.

I called him an idiot because he's acting like an idiot to the rules. Honestly it's not even worth my time arguing with him. Or honestly with Ok, since they are blind to them as well.

CAF was in the wrong 100% here and should be punished, end of story.
  18. Okial Augur

No, I have. And it can EASILY be argued that they COULD "trade" their mob. Whether or not they got more than a "thanks" for it is their deal. Could EASILY be argued that there is no restriction on them giving it away. Like I've posted previously, If you have a set of rules that leave a "grey" area and something you don't like falls into it, the only reproach you have is to amend for the future occasions. Was it classy how it went down? No. But "legal"? Yes.
  19. Okial Augur

That says nothing about NOT being able to give your mob to another guild. By definition, CAF didn't act in accordance to "Free-For-All". They killed it after being given it by the rotation guild. I get the sense that you wouldn't do well as a lawyer.
  20. Zublak Augur

I HIGHLY doubt the mob was traded. If that were the case I am sure Matthias would have pointed that out by now, or CAF would have defended themselves.

Saytonic boxes 24+ Mages, has the typical mindset of one who would box that many mages. His attitude reflects what happened. I'd be willing to bet my house they purposely broke the rules.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.