Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ozon, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Wulfhere Augur

A fine 9 seconds of glory!
  2. Zeelot Elder

I never use reavers without other discs running. So it was less than 10 seconds with a different disc running unfortunately.
  3. Cadira Augur

I was alt raiding in my sk, tanking marador (sp?) on FF raid. Fairly well geared but not the best. Had carapace running (the worst of our discs but more than nothing) and hit rb.

Lasted three seconds (done in one round).
  4. Brickhaus Augur

You are the leader in the club house ... anyone have 2 seconds or less?
    Cadira likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Used new, max rank Reaver's while tanking Yarith in the raid last night. It lasted for 9 seconds, mitigating a grand total of 11 swings.
    NatazzEvoli and Cadira like this.
  6. Darkhain Elder

At least you can mitigate dmg during a timestamp, pallies is even worst, it's 5-7 100k rune proc during the buff period !

But we can def say they balanced it out between both Knights, as they are both useless.
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Overall, excellent change. It lets me remove a button from my hotbars, helping me declutter my life.
  8. NatazzEvoli Elder

RB is not complete crap.

CO is also crap.
  9. fransisco Augur

Interesting turn of events, knights can fight over whose ability is worse!
    Darkhain and Allayna like this.
  10. Klucifer Master

So the consensus is paladins got a less-than-useful ability and shadow knights got their useful ability turned into a less-than-useful ability... I wonder if this was intended?

So wasn't Qwalla a strong advocate for paladins, I wonder who on the dev team is now?
  11. Galvanize Lorekeeper

To be honest its hard to make any meaningful tank discs when the devs have Dragon Glyph ingame in its current state - it's like when a little kid invents an overpowered 'ability' for their own superhero, except a team of game developers actually created it and kept it ingame for over a decade
    Darkhain and fransisco like this.
  12. Darkhain Elder

Yeah that's true, Dragon Glyph is a very bad concept.
    Any tank tanking with it (in LS raid at least), are imo bad at tanking, it's not required by any means unless your tanking everything on your own.
  13. fransisco Augur

True, they should honestly remove it. It trivializes tanking anything
  14. Allayna Augur

People have short memories. Before dragon glyph, discs lasted easily twice as long due to SCR. Is dragon glyph necessary? No. Neither is glyph of power, arcane secrets or provocation. Use one of those or use nothing.

I'd honestly be okay with them cutting the duration in half and combining dragon with provocation and arcane secrets with power.

None of which has much to due with the trashtastic AA's RB and CO.

There are a lot of unused SPAs and we continue to get mediocre upgrades....3 years late and just take it.
  15. Qimble Augur

If so, we sure don't have anything to show for it. Haven't felt a whole lot of love over here since ToV, it's felt like pretty much the same balance philosophy that's been in place for a long, long time.
  16. Tuco Augur

Great news, everyone!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...5-07-2024-patch-notes-and-discussions.297952/

:D OK admit it, who has been using this bug?
  17. Marton Augur

Reaver's Bargain VI:
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Absorb Melee Damage: 75%, on Hits over 32000, Total: 500000' to 'Absorb Melee Damage: 75%, on Hits over 45000, Total: 757000'
  18. Tuco Augur

So does that take it from staying up for ~9 seconds on raid content to ~20 seconds?
  19. Ozon Augur

Tuco over here bragging about being up for 20 seconds... CO/RB still need to be bumped to 1.2M ish, Warrior version bumped even higher
  20. Repthor Augur

there is no warrior version.

the warriors rampart line is totaly diffrent