Any news on new TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by beefeater_dp, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Taladir Augur

I see this FV ruleset notion bandied about on this forum continually, but where is the empirical evidence that players want this ruleset? In looking at the server populations from the main page, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Tunare, and Xegony all seem to have roughly the same population as FV. This is a far cry from convincing evidence that the FV ruleset equates to the most popular live server, much less being the best direction for a future TLP.

From a philosophical perspective, I can only imagine that ruleset taking Krono-farming to a much wider and toxic scale. It would promote guilds selling even marginal upgrades for mains or drops that would otherwise go to alts on the open market vs. further rewarding member efforts for raiding, with a rationale of "it's on the Bazaar, you can buy one." I cannot fathom wanting that as part of my play experience.
  2. Galdous Augur

In your opinion it is not a viable idea. That is all it is an opinion. My opinion it will be a viable and successful idea. I was in the guild Valoran back then and they never did box and it was considered the top guild at the time plus we are seeing what effect it has on the game when people have access an entire group without having to socialize with the rest of the server. It causes the collapse of community and imo the first real breakdown of EQ going from the most successful MMO at the time to a downward spiral.
  3. bodes Augur

How do you think mage armies are controlled....

[IMG]
  4. Galdous Augur

Which is another topic and has nothing to do with what im talking about.
  5. beefeater_dp Journeyman

I mean...the fact that people keep asking for it may indicate there's a demand? FV is consistently listed as high pop in the evenings, whereas the other servers rarely hit the "high population" indicator. I don't know the actual numbers behind these basic meters, I do know that the population is higher on FV than other servers. I've played on FV, it was super. I've played on Phinny, it was great. (In my opinion) The combination of both would be super great.
  6. Hdizzle Augur

I'm willing to wager 100% of the players considered to be "Krono Farmers" have an account on FV, aka the Krono capital of Norrath.

The issue with a Truebox FV ruleset server is people will still box like crazy Lol. Probably more so than on Phinny. Truebox doesn't stop boxing unless you are talking about people who are managing 18 toons at once, and even then I've heard some pretty crazy things go on in instances.

Do the right thing, make a make-up server and do Ragefire with instances. You'll effectively merge RF/LJ and draw new subs. FV ruleset is silly because most gear people want is tradable anyway until Luclin-PoP. FV is not needed for a TLP, maybe a PvP/FV rules event server?
  7. bongo New Member

People were boxing even back in 1999. But I mean a server of all Mages and Necros might be cool right?
  8. Galdous Augur

I might be a side effect yes. Those who enjoy the solo aspect of eq would focus on classes with stronger individual strengths.
  9. PlumbGame New Member

I hope you mean the fact that the same people.
  10. beefeater_dp Journeyman

I've seen plenty of people asking for this ruleset. Regardless, my opinion is irrelevant, as it does not include the whole picture. DBG has the data on FV's population, as well as the data on Phinny's population. Numbers and data speak for themselves.
  11. Dabrixmgp Augur

not until Velious when people can buy ToV loot with no level requirements. Everything else prior is just garbage. Remember PoF/Hate armor where classes had the wrong stats on their gear cause the Devs were drunk?
  12. nagash101 Augur

The FV-Phinigel TLP Server would be bigly-super-great server.
  13. nagash101 Augur

With FV rules and Phinigels rule set DBGs would make a killing. The casual 30+ something gamer with a job and money will be able to buy some Kronos and get into armor or weapons fairly cheap. This would allow the whole server to access stuff that some people might not have had the chance in the past to access at all. I think it would be a wonderful idea for a TLP server for sure. If you dont like it dont play on it and stay on the server you are currently on. Personally looking at FV population it is always in the top 5 but that is hard to tell with the basic population meter they have on the main page.

Let hope that they next TLP Server has Phinigels rules with FV loot rules. Big money for DBG.
  14. Moonsilver New Member

I don't see how people can be pro-krono. Look at this common scenario for example. Bumb with no job plays eq 16 hrs a day and could never even afford to pay for multiple accounts let alone 10. Add krono to the equation, all of a sudden this bumb has the means of subbing 10 accounts from his play time alone. I mean I'm not the smartest guy but logic tells me you take away krono and you get more real accounts leading to a smaller and warmer community focused on grouping and working together. This is much more reflective of ew back in its glory day.
  15. Tudadar Augur

Id guess they will talk about the upcoming progression server here :

The EverQuest 18th anniversary livestream will start on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 10AM Pacific* and we would like to invite YOU to join us!
    We'll be doing this stream from Facebook Live, and you can tune in here: www.facebook.com/EverQuestLive
    [IMG]
    We’ll be talking about what’s coming up for EverQuest. Also, join members of the EverQuest team on the Firiona Vie server, as we play through game content that’s new for the 18th anniversary.
  16. Astral64 Augur

Need input!
  17. Trey Elder

I

Instead of all the hurpaderp about unlock dates -- I want to see EQ release a server that mimics that actual release time-table from the vanilla game tbh.
  18. Galleyan Augur

So you want roughly a year in classic, and 9 months in Kunark? And then another year in Velious? That honestly doesn't sound very fun, considering most of the population of these TLPs can barely handle 6 months in classic or Kunark.
  19. koook Elder

If you look at the population list on the homepage phin is the most populated. They will probably continue to open new TLPs. Seems logikahl
  20. Tudadar Augur

Its really the same aswhat ragefire pop would be if there was no unheard of new prog server 7 months after release (previously progression servers were split up by 5 years) and dont forget ragefire launch was split into 2 different servers vs phinigels 1.

If phinigel had to deal with a new progression server opening up 7 months later they population wouldnt be what it is now. When the new one hits it will be at least 1 year longer left alone then ragefire/lj were I believe.