Any news on new TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by beefeater_dp, Feb 22, 2017.

1. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Bored of Phinny and really looking to re-live classic/kunark/velious. Was thinking about quitting but I heard there's a new TLP coming.

Devs, when can we expect more news about the launch of the new TLP? Really hoping it's phinny instancing combined with FV ruleset.
  2. nagash101 Augur

TrueBox code, Phinigel raid instancing, Phinigel Exp, with FV ruleset, the OLD /pick code and 4.5 month automatic unlock. Or maybe TrueBox code, Phinigel raid instancing, Lockjaw Exp, with FV ruleset, the OLD /pick code and solid 90 day automatic unlock. I would like to even have maybe a must beat content before the 90 days starts. So when it launches you have to defeat Phinigel, Nagy and Vox, then the 90 days starts. Just like the Lock and Rage but without the voting. That would give the uber guilds a race to beat content and bragging rights. Maybe even a guild wide title for the guild that defeats each encounter that counts towards the expac unlock. If one Guild beats all the needed unlocks they get a special we are better then you other noobs title.
  3. Astley Augur

To answer the original question.

No - there has been no further information other than that it will likely start in classic of course.
  4. Machen New Member

Where did they announce a classic start?
  5. Sdoofbuc Augur

Pay 2 Win !!!
  6. Astley Augur

In the extremely vague post they made stating that more information would be coming in a few months.

They said they were planning a new TLP server for those who missed out on the experience starting on current TLP servers like Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinigel.

The implication there is that we'll see another Classic start.
  7. nagash101 Augur

Yup they did say it would be a new TLP server launching this summer for those that misses the first mess, Ragefire, the life Boat Lockjaw and finally the beta TLP test server Phinigel.
  8. snailish Augur

3 current progression servers will be at/past PoP, and recent Quarm event was OoW, the "lost" playerbase to reclaim for $ is in the classic to Luclin run. The majority of people still playing Rage/Lock/Phinny aren't that likely to bail for that replay (they are happy and it is too early).

The only other angle to play would be something like a TSS start... so in between existing progression servers (Vulak and Fippy still exist). That seems like far less $ opportunity though.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Be nice if it was just a Phinny clone with shorter expansion unlocks that'd be merged into Phinny when the current expansions on both servers synced up.

But that requires forethought, planning, and actually adhering to a set schedule so virtually impossible to expect.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

That is actually a really good idea.
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  11. Killerroy New Member

Hoping for an enhance truebox code to no box.
    Grisnkh likes this.
  12. Phantom Ghost Augur

Hoping for a 2box max per computer since many classes are boring played individually. I also feel I can play two classes better than a lot can play one due to the lack of required attention.

Although, I don’t mind either way. Not sure how they would go about making sure each computer is a legit person without limiting people living together from being able to play at the same time. (Without needing to buy 2 or more isp or run vpn) I know i would not play if it required any work around for my family to play together.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

There's been so many opportunities to relive classic-velious these past few years, it makes no sense. They should be looking to provide opportunities to those who want to relive DoN-PoR or even GoD-PoR.

Quarm, by the way, was not TLP, but an event server, so doesn't really count on this point.
  14. Sdoofbuc Augur

This is the only thing that would cause me to leave Phinny. Start the new TLP at TSS.
  15. Chubba bubba Journeyman

New TLP should be true box, fv loot set rules, 50% more xp than Phinney, instance raiding, 3 month unlocks
  16. Aghinem Augur

Why should you get a new box every time you want to relive classic era? You got 3 boxes in one year; Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinny. As I predicted in many of my older TLP posts, many blew right through it and were arguing incessantly over unlocks because people got bored and eventually would want a new box.

I say, use what you have. Roll a character and play in those era-based zones and restrict yourself to that era-based gear.
  17. Fohpo Augur

They're gonna keep rolling out new TLPs every so often because of revenue reasons.
    Aghinem likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Keep hoping. It will never happen.
  19. Machen New Member

This doesn't actually work, though. It's been demonstrated time and again with progression guilds on live servers. We need the external structure imposed by the server in order to gate enough players together to form a critical mass of community.
    Felicite and Kahna04 like this.
  20. Sdoofbuc Augur

I'm not a fan of "Pay 2 Win" EQ.