Why is member login que a 20 minute wait?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by brokejaw1, Feb 20, 2019.

1. spack2k Steadfast Player

looks like they reversed the queue settings for members with free2players :) or they just adjusted the queue waiting times based on how many stabilizers an account has purchased :p
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or, things have just calmed the snack down, like it always does every time they release new content, because someone has to get in first and grab the Big Item and sell it for billions before the horde arrives and floods the market
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

He's saying he had a sub (Legendary) to DCUO before they added the "All Access" perk for multiple (at the time) SOE games with one subscription. All Access was something added along the way.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, and saying they had that before DCUO, because they had at least EQ1, EQ2, & SWG: pay one fee, get access to multiple games (still had to pay for the game itself first in those days)

The only 'perk' was paying one subscription instead of multiple
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I wonder more about the people that that pay 100 million and can't wait 10 hours for it to go down to 10 million or, GOD FORBID, wait a couple days for it to be 5 million.
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

DCUO launched in 2011.
    All Access started in April of 2014.

I wonder if I have a slight masochistic streak, as I keep responding to you. Seems like an exercise in futility most of the time.
    • Like x 3
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, not sure what they prior to All Access or how it differed, butt was able to play multiple games with one membership prior to DCUO (and have always admitted to being wrong, when it has been proven beyond "but I said so, so it must be true!")

Do you remember the part where said "Fairly sure"?
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or simply open a ReCap and get their own :p
    To quote the Great Lizard King: "People are Strange" :D
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As an update on the queues and member priority, we have two situations when players will see queues.

In the first, the server is approaching full or over a "soft cap," so logins are throttled (and prioritized) so that members get in before premium who get in before free. In this state the queues worked as we intend - a member never waits longer than a free or premium player.

In the second situation, the server is maximally full, and folks in the queue are literally waiting for someone else to log out to make space for them. In this situation, we found a bug with the members-always-get-in-first logic, so it wasn't working. Instead, logins were functioning (normally) with set ratios for account status. (We let in 20 members per 2 premiums per 1 free player by default every login cycle.)

In last night's situation, the number of members logging in - and willing to wait to log in - was so vastly higher than the number of free/premium players logging in, that we far exceeded those ratios and members still ended up waiting longer.

That's not the biggest problem from yesterday, of course, but it definitely sucks and we will work on a fix for that as well.
    • Like x 9
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

When we were in the War of the light, New Genesis era of games I would log on immediatly when new releases came out and when everyone was shouting for alerts and raids, there would be me running 5 or 6 scanners, selling stuff for 12 million that I would later that night sell for 5,000. Easiest money making in the game.
  11. an81angel Well-Known Player

Thanks for the clarification. So what exactly was the "biggest problem" to happen that caused the game to crash yesterday?
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

"Scanners"?
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

But... but... THE GAME IS DYING :eek::eek::eek:
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Ha. Good call out. Radar enhancers.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is still being determined specifically. The megaserver is supposed to continue to spin up new bits of itself, expanding as population expands. It stopped doing that, which then led to cascading failures as what was up got overloaded. The culprit is somewhere in certain performance/stability changes that were made in GU92.
    • Like x 2
  16. an81angel Well-Known Player

Ouch, that sucks. So, you guys tried to improve a few of the games core coding elements and it backfired? that's rough. Since it is localized with in the one update, hopefully it will be easier to locate and fix. Good luck to those having to back track and rewrite code. Have a cookie, and try to have a good day.
    • Like x 2
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thanks for the #transparency!
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hey everyone is human and mistakes/ issues will happen. I just hope people working on it wont be going home too late tonight. However, the updates on the issue and their hard work are appreciated. :)