Why is member login que a 20 minute wait?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by brokejaw1, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Washington2 New Player

I just logged in and the queue for me was over 500. (Really... for Legendary...). Looks like one of their login servers was taken offline because of issues this afternoon. Now everyone is being funneled into a single login queue.
    • Like x 1
  2. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

This did not work, never worked, there was a similar problem in the past and it was the same thing, FREE PLAYERS came in with 1 or 2 minutes, at most 4, LEGENDARY PLAYERS waited up to 30 minutes.
    Until this moment all I had was 25 minutes of waiting to enter and be kicked of the server, I disconnected without even leaving the base and now I am waiting 20 minutes again, FREE wait 1 minute or 2.
    But if I say something negative about how the devs treat the issues concerning teenho the post deleted and I get warning letter, maybe even take ban, so I am obliged by the moderation to say that everything is great and I love to know that here FREE is the priority.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. The Blue Flame New Player

I like this idea. Subscription members deserve to get in the game first. If not, there should be some compensation for these foulups. A lot of HC DCUO fans missing out on prime content on the day of release.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Blue Flame New Player

Thanks Mepps. Yeah, seems like there needs to be some type of followup on this.
    (Also, great podcast today!) :D
  5. VizualeffectZ New Player

Definitely agree about this, kind of lame that members are waiting the longest.
    • Like x 2
  6. brokejaw1 Active Player

I logged my pc beta toons ( og SoE non-members semi-retired) and the wait time was about the same as on my ps4
    Hopefully it will get fixed tomorrow. I’m not even gonna bother with Xbox lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Blue Flame New Player

See what I mean? That's dedication right there! 3 platforms!:D Hard Core DCUO fans deserve some type of compensation! (AKA supscription members)
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Want to know why the wait is so long today? One clue: what was added this morning?
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks.
  10. brokejaw1 Active Player

Lol thanks, not too hard core, I’ve been casual since November 2010 when I was accepted into the beta , about a month before the pre-order beta
    players came, it was a very exciting time back then, the fall of SwG after the NgE cut deep players back then needed the live action playability dcuo
    had to offer.
  11. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    PS4/US/Legendary/9:48pm PST
  12. Zamara Dedicated Player

Got past the 20 minutes log in queue to try and at least run the event stuff on my main and grab the stabilizer fragments, only to be put in a group with 2 afk players in the valentines instance (recorded them to send to support and report them, maybe tomorrow), managed to beat it with help from the other player who wasn't afk.
    Was going to try and do a couple alts before today's reset but if people are waiting 20+ minutes to log in and queue to an instance and stay afk, get carried for free drops then i'm done with this, at least until they fix the queues, 20+ minutes just to get in and have those situations isn't worth it. I'd normally run 7 characters through all the event stuff but with these queues, repeating it 7 times is too much.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

I'm sorry but thereis something seriously screwed up on your queue system. I logged onto my legendary account with a wait time of 12 min. while reading this thread. As a curiousity to test your remark I decided to log on to my free pc acct while waiting. I had not used it for a while and it needed to download today's update. After the update finished, i Logged on waited less than a minute, got onto my free account toon, ran the stabilizer and logged out. 2 minutes later my queue time on my legendary finished and i was able to play on my main toon. hahahahahahaha... I have to laugh because I might get banned if i said what I truly feel right now and it would be unhelpful towards the situation.
  14. rimvader Well-Known Player

[IMG][IMG]
    Better with each 'kick out'.
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

Here's a post from Mepps back in 2016 where he explained more in detail how queue worked back then. May be outdated but it's the most detailed explanation i found.
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Seems to have settled down, will just wait and see
  17. Dr. E Pain New Player

Tried again and only 5th in queue. Seeing there's new content I would not be surprised if it was a denial of service attack.
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

I just tried again and got on almost immediately. Not sure if the issue was resolved or if it's just because it's 11:15 PST.
  19. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I pretty much have only seen the queue menu blink by since I have become a member.

When I tried to log in tonight (All Access), I was also was in a 200+ queue.
    Though there is a disclaimer saying that the wait times are not accurate, it showed my wait time as a member as being like 15-20 minutes. The Premium being like 10-12 minutes. And the wait time for F2P being 42 seconds.

To make matters worse, the game kicked me out after waiting for 10-15 minutes like it had timed out.

I'm an Alt jumper, so out of my next 4 log-ins, I was back as #200 or more in line to get into the game.
    I guess there are extra gamers on at this point, and I think I read somewhere that the server load cap (player max) was decreased (possibly due to the new glitchy software?)

I remember when I first bought Legendary (before there was "All Access"), and I could have sworn one of the perks was "no queue" to get into DCUO.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Apart from the first two characters, had quick log-ins

Fairly sure "All Access" came in with DCUO, so there was no 'before there was' in regard to DCUO (had started playing EQ1 in early 2000's and added EQ2 in 2005 and then DCUO got added at the start of 2011)