Square Enix Is Making The Avengers And More Marvel Games

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jan 26, 2017.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's a part of me wondering if Square Enix might have been better served waiting a little longer before revealing that trailer. Endgame is still pretty fresh in people's minds and while comparisons to the movies were going to happen anyway, there's a slight chance (very slight, I'll admit LOL) folks might have been a little more forgiving if they didn't still have Endgame so heavily on the brain.
  2. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

That conference last night was by far more boring than anything I have ever witnessed in relation to video gaming. When they finally did announce The Avengers game, it was in no way shape or form exciting. I hope the gameplay reveal (that should have been last night) is redeeming.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With the game just under a year away, it may still be a little too early to show anything extensive as far as gameplay goes. Some of the clips looked like they may have been some glimpses of gameplay, though (thinking of a couple of Hulk and Iron Man bridge sequences).
  4. Stardazer Committed Player

When I first heard of the "Avengers Project" a year ago, I was under the impression it was going to be an MMORPG which got me so excited! I've been wanting a DCUO for Marvel for SO long now too, creating a custom hero and interacting with Marvel superheroes. This was quite disappointing for me. It's pretty much Anthem, but with Avengers.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

It has potential but what is up with Cap's suit? And Hawkeye is benched again? But I won't be too quick to judge since there's still over a year before release, and they change a lot of things before then.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't count Hawkeye out too soon, he could simply be off doing something else
  7. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

with it being a year away you would hope they would have more to show. I believe they said that you would be able to see gameplay from their booth, haven't seen anything yet online though (hope to soon). I'm real excited for the game, just want to see more I guess.
    I do think though that their dull presentation sort of killed the reveal, (is it just me or did it seem like 9 out of their 10 games showcased were just remakes or remasters?)
  8. myandria Item Storage

I also was looking forward for this game to be an MMORPG. I guess Marvel is a bit tentative about MMO's since Marvel Heroes Omega failed. I think I will put a pass on this game for now.

In my opinion, most of the E3 conferences were sleepers until their reveals.

At least I still have Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy VIII Remaster to look forward to.! :D
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Meh, that trailer looked like any other generic superhero video game. I was in the mind like many others that we were going to have a Marvel/Avengers mmo or something. Sure the graphics look nice and all but the character designs look so basic :confused: . And I see they are going with the classic Avengers team minus Hawkeye :rolleyes:. I'm going to wait for some gameplay because I'm hearing from some who are a little enthusiastic about the game comparing what they saw in the trailer to the PS4 Spiderman game :confused:
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Two years ago when this was first announced, they said it wasn't going to be an MMO, that it was going to be similar to "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance"
    Umm, the Classic Avengers didn't have Black Widow, it did have Ant-man and Wasp, didn't see them in the trailer...
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I wrote MMO or something. To be specific something along the lines of an rpg like the Marvel Ultimate Alliance series
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

From what we saw, that was just like the start of the first M:UA
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

The single rpg aspect yes because its most likely going for that way of gameplay similar in the Batman Arkham or Spiderman games. However the character designs do not look good and going with M:UA again, it could have gone the multiplayer rpg route but again, we have to wait for some gameplay footage
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They did say it was going to be co-op (unless thinking of some other game)
    Personally felt the Character Designs looked great, very close to the MCU looks
  15. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

It's definitely not a MMO, it will have solo story but then options to play with others in side missions.
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

FINALLYY!!...someone gets it...
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Ironman flying around immediately reminded me of...

19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

Marvel's Avengers Announces Story Trailer Date With Hi-Tech Costumes
    A still from an upcoming trailer for Marvel's Avengers has Earth's Mightiest Heroes sporting new costumes.

Errr... the textures / graphics looks great for the art direction they're going for. But the art direction for character design looks horrible.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's a Marvel Legends figure wave based off of the game hitting store shelves, and I kind of shake my head when seeing the Cap figure on the pegs.

[IMG]

I think it's the shield. That star is just way too big for my tastes. The drab colors on the outfit don't help much either.