Soda Colas Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deepeess, Jan 9, 2015.

1. TroEL Dedicated Player

there are several other ways to grind the crafting feat if you really wanted to
    • Like x 1
  2. HersheyKiss New Player

No idea why u say this sucks. Now i dont need to spend so much $ on sodas for 5 t6 toons. Other than the crafting feats there is no reason this change "sucks."
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

People need to look at the big picture this is bad because it means clamping is coming to everything remember when the sodas were nerfed for the seasonal they were cr locked that was the first step. This is a way to make sure that when they start the clamping in pve there's one soda to use so that way it's easier for them to adjust how much health you get back not based on your SP or amount of health but based on your CR.
    • Like x 1
  4. MyrVell Committed Player

If you were lucky enough to score the plan when it was current. The best soder plan I've ever received was Zero, long after Next was the standard.
    • Like x 1
  5. Solar Well-Known Player

So glad I finished my crafting feat a month back.
    • Like x 1
  6. IonHero Committed Player

I do like the change as it allows more accessibility to free/premium players.

However I wish they would then simply change what the craftable advanced recovery soders do. maybe even changing the requirements to craft them.

some ideas to throw around would be
    temp small all around stat boost
    Health only recovery (greater % then extreme) or over time
    Power only recovery (greater % then extreme) or over time
    temp defense boost
    super-charge recovery
    temp super-charge expansion
    Barrel spawner (Just for fun)
    Maybe a consumable for the Experimental Serums power?

seems kinda a shame to simply dismiss what some considered highly sought after plans.
    (and I know some of these ideas have had consumables in the past)
  7. Benn 10 Committed Player

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. Lol
  8. B4nn3dAcc0nt New Player

Sweet premiums can now afford sodas to survive.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

Mmm yup. But we already knew that optional stat clamping is coming to everything.
    • Like x 6
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This.

Crafting Feats = I make Personal Dampening Fields, convert enough Exobits to fill a truck, turn those into stacks of Exobytes at a time... I'm not gonna miss 'Soders' on that list.

Sales = the only Soders I sell are Flex VI Ex's and other specialty VI Ex's; those'll be 'in perpetuity' useful, people aren't gonna suddenly wanna be like 'Oh, a consumable that adds 660 Precision, nah, you know I'm good'.

League = no more keeping the Hall Bank stocked with an extra 12 stacks of Limes for our Premium members.

I think the people this ACTUALLY affects are those guys that always hang out next to the Phase Shift shouting about how you can get free Zero / Next / Lime / Ultras, but bits will get you more... Those fellows aren't going to be seeing many visitors any more...
    • Like x 5
  11. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    lol, :p

But seriously, I agree. Didn't like the idea at first, but in reality, I think its a good thing.
    I don't like the idea of diminishing diversity, even a little, in any aspect.
    I'm always for us players having more choices in everything. Always.
    But, shoring it down to basically one soder... well, it does simplify things.
    And, if we can still get buffs from crafted soders then... I really can't complain.
    Especially if it aids in freeing up resources for content (if this was indeed a factor in the decision).
    • Like x 4
  12. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I hope they clamp before my sub renews ij two months so I can cancel beforehand if that's the case.
    • Like x 1
  13. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

I feel bad for the people that profited on colas sells from me :p
    Since I've started playing I bet I've invested over 3 mil in colas lol.

But atleast I can save a lot of money and can buy the best colas in instances for those times I'm not keeping up w/ my inventory. ^-^
    • Like x 2
  14. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Transmute exobites
    Stacks ok each should help
  15. DCVillain New Player

whaaaat only 9155?

Health: 10132 of 10132
    Power: 4344 of 4344
    Defense: 9044
    Toughness: 0
    Might: 6172
    Precision: 2359
  16. Collector New Player

Though the idea of unifying the soders is not a bad one, I defiantly feel it is a smack in the face to players who have spent/invested huge amounts of money on plans over the years, I personally spent: 15m for Zero plans, 10m for Next,and 12m for Lime not to mention the cost of thousands of Soder cola enhancers. When you have invested huge amounts of time and energy earning money to buy something just to have it taken away, made obsolete, or just given to others, it defiantly stings. Because of this I think they should do something to compensate players somehow, possibly something like a "plan exchange" where those who had these plans, receive plans for new craftable items, or maybe a special feat, anything to show for all the time and energy we invested. So we don't have to feel like it was all just a total waste.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dezaras Loyal Player

So what happens to the Soda Cola Turbos that I used to be able to use but can't anymore because their CR requirement was increased to 100, despite the fact I still obtain them from WOTL pt1 missions? Will they be replaced with Extremes? More to the point will I be able to actually use something I've earned?

Yeah I'm fine with this lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Just be glad I didn't buy an Ultra Plan for 6m devs....or I'd be looking for my 6m back from you!!!!
    I was buying that plan to be future proof for soders until I get the T7 plan... and then you change the long term soder plan wasting my good money... I would have so went all HULK SMASH on you!
  19. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

We should get back several million each!
    Each T6 soder costs a few hundred $ and look at how many we use! This should have been implemented at the start of the game!
    Now, we all want compensation!

A special Soder 5sp R&D feat for all those who have crafted more than 120,000 soders (crafts x 6)
  20. Collector New Player

So if they are making this change to soders in preparation of the coming Stat Clamping in PvE (said to be optional) "seriously who is going to actually choose the option to run clamped" <----so this would be yet another change to the game catering to the minority.
    And if they truly need to free up some space why choose an item that everyone uses daily, I mean seriously there are well over a dozen useless trinkets in the game that could be removed........... But like I said, I am actually ok with this change, I just feel those who learned the plans should be compensated!
    • Like x 2