Soda Colas Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deepeess, Jan 9, 2015.

1. DCVillain New Player

and again that whole issue can be solved by playing with 1) friends, or 2) making friends while lvling therefor your of the same lvl as you go. So you have ppl to run content with once your lvl 30.

either way idc tbh, I dont run lower content so stat clamping wont effect me even if we wasn't getting a option to be clamped or not. just tired of all these ppl making it seem like its only high tiered ppl who are scrubs / noobs still, or dont help and just stand there once in the lower content til ppl of that lvl is KO'd. Because its not only high tiered ppl its everyone as I have stated here or in other threads.
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I was excited one toon finally got soder cola lime in a t6 duo. My main finally got soder cola ultra in spark of ion, the I heard about this the same day and ouch. Then a friend said something that made sense., maybe they got tired of making new soder plans for each dlc. I have to agree, each dlc they become outdated as new and better soder come along, so having 1 universal soder to take care of it all is way more logical.

It's a good money saver too, right now it's like $5500 for soder enhancer VI and $900 for extreme. So for a 6 pack it's like $6400.

Now I'm waiting for them to get rid of the stat plans and just have plans in the vendor to buy!
    • Like x 1
  3. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Copout?? What I need you to understand is that I am simply trying to point out to you and Aero is that this game can be changed in anyway at anytime as per the terms of service (which you agree on) so the simple fact that you (or anyone for that matter) spent ANY time acquiring anything in anyway outside of the regular gameplay is a risk that YOU or whoever takes on because of the simple fact that anything can be changed at anytime and in anyway and you may lose out on some things you have done.............which is the entire reason for this thread!!

The devs MAY give you something as a show of appreciation or whatever but they do not HAVE to and you are not entitled to it. I'm not mad and i'm not belittling you at all, I'm just explaining to you facts is all (go read the terms of service).

And could you explain to me what you have invested time, energy and money on that everyone feels they are entitled to or will be givin based on eliminating some sodas??
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I am close to finishing the feat. I am talking for the newer players for that feat. Each little change like this will make it harder to complete some feats as they are removing things that assist in completion of them. I did another trick which was get 2 16 stacks of each bit and change the bit, it gets me to the feat faster than your trick. But I also make soder colas daily, about 10-15 stack for league mates, friends, and PUGS.
  5. Crackin New Player

Making alpha mods & recovering is way faster then soda crafting. Unless someone is trying to turn a buck.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've only transmuted bits a couple of times. I can't recall ... doesn't it cost marks, and sometimes you can lose a bit or two?
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I run with friends and hero league mates when I play on my Villian side. As in my sig I'm CR 61. What annoys me is with 3 or 4 of us in T2 or T3 raid we end up with 111 running stuff, not helping us improve our game play for said roles. Some 111 don't play the role selected and other simply run through content. I know stat clamping is one way to improve at teaching roles to players and I know I will run lower content more on my primary as I hate burning through content.
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I never lost a bit...it cost some marks but not many....
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Maybe I was thinking about how you don't always get 4+4 you could get 3+5 etc.
    It's a lot of marks by the time you get the crafting feat. I suppose transmuting is slightly faster and doesn't take up inventory for the interfaces and kits.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I personally love this change it was becoming a hassle and would have only gotten worse with time with all the different types of sodas great change Devs
  11. FaLeX Dedicated Player

I vote....

[IMG]

regarding the new soda changes....
  12. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Not good for some of us who are still in need of completing crafting feats
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's hilarious that the biggest complaint anyone has is about the crafting feat. I too used the prime soda create to make my 10,000 (got to 2500 straight up, then started crafting on an alt with nothing in his inv, bought the feat on my main later) took about 2.5 hours and cost a few mil in buying and selling back supplies. So what? Do it now if you are worried about it or use one of the couple other ways to craft...making Alphas and recovering takes a bit (no pun intended0 to do, but it's foolproof and works fine. Do the bit conversion which might be the fastest and most expensive (at least in MoT) or craft stuff straight up either for league mates your self or for trade.

My complaint for this is that it's the further dumbing down of this game to make it level for a newbie who just started playing (well got to level 30 that is) and someone who has ground the content and either got the funds to buy plans or actually got the drops. I personally have all plans in the game including stuff I'd never use and I've bought all of it. I create sodas for my league and sometimes to trade for bits or sell, but not much as I've got plenty of money. I use ultras on my toons who are over 100 and others for toons less than 100. If I drink an Ultra on my Fire tank....I get about 50% health back....if I do it on my healer/troller it's almost 100%(both CR 101 to 103). Why change this? Why not make the extremes a bit more expensive per stack and have them as the %80 restore as an option or make them 'infinte' as some others have suggested....I'd maybe use it on my tank, but not on my other toons.

If the real reason they are making this change is to free up memory for content, why not dump all the other 80 plans for consumables that NO ONE USES anymore since they are useless in PVP and are underpowered to do anything in PVE? Why not drop all the 'mysterious goo' and 'unrepairable armor' drops I still have to get and delete constantly? make them all 'trash drop' or something for those that still want to accumulate and sell them?

Just my 2 cents (or if DCUO has it's way 1.6 cents)
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

My league mate did his in 1 day. He had over 60k MOT and went nuts doing this. He said go with 2 stacks of each color. I'm not 100% sure but I believe each bit you mutate counts a 1 creation. My league mate flipped over whatever pieces he had left over as I had 2 stacks of each and went to town until I hit the value I'm at right now. I was about 1/2 to that point and it took me about 2 hours to complete the first 3 star creation feat.

As for the colas, I am curious about how much health is given back when used with around 10K health. I'm asking as I would like to know if it is close to an Ultra or Lime for that matter. If it is closer to a Lime plan, than those of us with Ultra plans are being cheated out of health and power when we use our soda after the next update. I know righ tnow I get almost full health and power when used when my health is at about 15-20%. This means, Ultra provides me around 75% health and power back for my current stats.

Can someone in test let the community on here know how much health and power is given back when health is 10K and power is abotu 5K.
  15. akaivy Dedicated Player

I am on the fence about this. On the one hand, I just bought the Ultra Plans for 5 mill. On the other hand, it costs me more to make a stack of soders than it will cost to buy a stack of extremes, so I will end up saving money in the long run. It will just take me a long time to recoup 5 mill.

In the grand scheme of things, this is not something I'll make a big deal about either way. There are plenty of other issues out there that deserve way more attention than this.

As to those premiums and FTP who are complaining about the cost of soders, I always gave them away, especially during instances when people said they were low or had none. I know plenty of other people out there who do that too.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

A.) Catalyst I-II-III (Red, Yellow, Blue) - 1, 5, 25 Marks. So 'yes but not many'.

B.) You never lose Bits, but they don't always split evenly - I Transmuted a pile of Yellow earlier and got 14 Blue, 2 Red. 16 in always = 16 out.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

We keep a 'fridge' in our League Hall for Premium members; it works out pretty well.
  18. Wildbill0124 New Player

What will happen to limes, ultras, etc. You have in inventory?
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Nothing from what I understand. They will do the exact same healing as a Extreme...that is it...

I have an idea, where most put the soda cola today becomes an auto cola slot with the health and power infiite cola, we get this at level 1. Like the changes they are making it does a % back for power and health. The cola is placed into the R2 O slot and we all call it a day. The current trinket slot becomes a wildcard so that way players can place a trinket or other consumable in that slot. This eliminates the need for players to ever buy soda in game and helps F2P and premium players save money to invest in repairs as needed.

I mean the way things are setup now, might as well since we are moving from a multi-soder cola game to PVE and PVP; instead let's get this down to 1 for both. Thoughts?