Notice: Marketplace on Windows XP and Vista

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbel Devoted Player

Dude, what does upgrading Windows have to do with viruses? :rolleyes: Not upgrading is more of a hazard, since Microsoft will eventually stop patching old OSs.

And I'll repeat, the Windows 10 upgrade is only free for a year. "You have until July 29, 2016 to take advantage of this free upgrade offer." So if you're planning on upgrading in the next few years it's a complete waste of money to wait longer than a year and then have to buy Windows 10.
    • Like x 1
  2. Master Musician Active Player

It comes back to the original complaint; Daybreak Games secretly made this change with no notice to it's paying customers. It's not about who's machine is cooler or what OS is better; it's about getting bumped out without even a hint that it was going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yui Loyal Player

Secretly made this change without giving a notice to its players? You don't know how wrong you are. Clearly, you didn't read the ToS that you agreed to when you started playing this game.

Source: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US#section17
    • Like x 1
  4. Yui Loyal Player

Yes, you can get legendary via Steam. Just go on the DCUO or Daybreak site and choose "Pay with Steam" when you buy All-Access.

However, it still asks you for your credit card information. Well, that's how it was for me when I tried it back then. Maybe they changed it now.
  5. OANGL Well-Known Player

I'm probably the only person on the world that likes windows 8
  6. CLJ New Player

I run windows 8.1 in a pro Music studio. It is the main computer. I didn't upgrade to windows 10 after I found out about the incredible amount of intrusiveness and spy styles that Microsoft has embedded into 10. They went full revenue mode for every click. When I upgraded to Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 - my system was running about 30% faster then Windows 7 Ultimate. I liked Windows 8. My other studio pc for backup and minor processing is a Dell 530 that runs Vista 64bit. It's bullet proof.
    • Like x 1
  7. CLJ New Player

I've been running Vista on my gaming computer for 5 years. It works fine and it was tweaked to maximum resolution. There are still plenty of users out there using XP and plenty still using Vista. DB made a mistake with the last patch, they never announced that they were terminating marketplace support, this just happened by accident and now they won't fix it.

Honestly, with this economy - who is going to pay $100 for an operating system just to play this game. Please don't say Torrent it. Only an idiot download's a Windows operating system. They always fail no matter what. I've never seen anybody with a cracked version of Windows that stayed that way.

I'd agree with you perhaps IF DB had announced this change. But they didn't. They just dropped this on us. With the last update that terminated my marketplace access, my character got mangled in the process and support is the 'devs' are still working on it. I am basically Stephen Hawking level might now.
  8. CLJ New Player

The problem is that Daybreak did not announce it was terminating supporting for Windows XP and Vista users - at least for the Marketplace issue. They would make an announcement for a big issue such as this. There are PLENTY of users still using XP and Vista. Now they are losing money because not everybody is going to sit there, write a ticket and wait for their in-game purchases.

The point is that this should be fixed. Daybreak made a mistake and they acknowledged it. The last patch made it impossible for XP and Vista users to use the marketplace. Hence this thread, the deluge of tickets. They wouldn't be getting the tickets had they made they announcement.

Blaming OS users is a really lame thing to do. Not everybody has money to go and buy a new operating system. I don't care to read replies like 'uh dude, torrent it uhhh'. If you are a fool, then you can download a Windows operating system and watch it fail eventually, secondly I actually prefer to buy my operating systems. Anybody who wants a stable PC - buys an original copy.

So what do we do now? When we want to buy something from the Marketplace - we have to submit a ticket and wait for hours?

After the Marketplace buster update, my character happened to go into the toilet. The 'devs' are trying to help me figure out why my stats dropped by 30% or so. At first they said it was character scaling, then they said it could have been a gear glitch, then they essentially told me I was the anomaly in the DCUO world and hopefully a patch in the future fixes it.

I am not an avid online gamer. I like playing DC online because I am a DC fan. Now they have essentially earned the 'Get it Together Tyrone' badge from me.
  9. Samui Senshi New Player

When they fix my marketplace? why i can by anythin?
  10. Master Musician Active Player

Yes Yui, I did read it silly, The point I was making is that they keep saying they are working to fix the marketplace error, rather than just saying "hey guys..guess what... we are making you update your systems now and older OSs won't be able to access the marketplace anymore. lol
  11. Yui Loyal Player

You don't get it. That statement in the ToS basically states what you're saying.

I mean, you're lucky they're even looking up solutions to continue to make the marketplace accessible to XP and Vista users. I mean, it would be kind of rude not to do so since there are XP and Vista users who actually pay for legendary and premium access. That much I can understand. However, XP and Vista are kind of outdated now. You can't expect any and every aspect of DCUO to continue working properly on these OS as the game continues to grow. If you can't access an aspect of the game due to playing on an outdated OS, that's on you.

Although, you already have two of the latest OS so I'm sure you must know what I'm saying now. You know that this is bound to happen sooner or later. And people would still complain like what they're doing in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  12. JohnTMan Level 30

same thing happend to me :( i wanted to purchase some stuffs for the 50% off sale but couldn't cuz i had a ticket opened.
  13. Samui Senshi New Player

Please fix Marketplace
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm STILL waiting for information to be posted on how we can change DCUO's browser that it uses for these transactions. As my copy of Vista 64-Bit has all 3 of the most popular browsers installed (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer) and since I keep Firefox and Chrome up-to-date, I want to try changing the browser it uses to see if that resolves the problem. :(
  15. DirkBraddock New Player

I purchased two 1-year memberships for my kids so they can continue playing DCUO with full access. PC #1 is Windows 8, PC #2 is Vista. I'm not about to spend more money to upgrade to Windows 7 or later on the Vista machine when it was working perfectly fine previously.

There's got to be a better solution than telling end users, "Go spend more real-world money on your personal PC operating system so you can spend more in-game money that was purchased with real-world money."

• Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I understand ending support for XP machines, but not Windows Vista. My copies of Firefox and Chrome are both up to date, and Chrome is set in Windows as my Default Browser, and yet, the Marketplace still won't work. This is rubbish. :mad:
  17. Corvane New Player

I know it is pointless for me to say it, but I am going to anyways, if the only help i am going to get is "get a better computer" then a guess I can start by cancelling my membership and using that money to save up for a new computer, just like a lot of other people will be doing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

just my opinion everyone has one . i prefer windows 7 64bit atm. to anything else. cause its got all the kinks worked out of it and it works the best atm with the least driver issues or any other issues with pc games atm.. and i usually wont upgrade to the new windows until like i said if i even do use 10 for about a year AT least... but its just my opinion Thnk what u wanto think about my methods as an IT
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

windows vista with service pack 2. isnt bad 64 bit. but how do u determine that using 8.1 makes your pc 30 % faster . but like i said windows 8.1 is windows 7 with a windows 8 skin basically thats why they came out with win 10 so fast. but yea... i agree with u
  20. Samui Senshi New Player

When you fix my marketplace?!?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.