Notice: Marketplace on Windows XP and Vista

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toshknight Loyal Player

well.. and you must not know much about computer software if your just buying the new hip thing.. and yes windows office. costs money when u buy it the first time but , for win ten theyare charging you monthly. and i stay everything else that was free is now costing monthly also... stuff JUST NOW is now stoping to work on xp.. windows 7 will be continually updated by windows until 2019 2020. Like i said in previous comment IF YOU got the money go ahead just buy the newest "COOLEST" Stuff and have someone else update your stuff if u dont know how, and im not being sarcastic at all.... totally serious
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

i wouldnt know about what crap windows 8 throws at you and windows defender is a utliltyless program that runs in the background of windows 7 and xp. but and like i said. if you want the newest coolest looking windows which makes you pay for half the crap you shouldnt have to pay for. BE HAPPY WITH YOUR UPGRADE SIR,
  3. StopPerving Dedicated Player

But I haven't paid for anything? I have Office. I have what used to be security essentials. I have my other programs. Hell.. I didn't even pay for the OS I use now because it was free. So where have I paid? What am I going to have to pay for? I'm genuinely curious here.

I'm just asking for one thing. What will I be paying for. Surely you can provide that yes?

I'm also going to address the reply to Sbel's post about Office. Currently there are a number of purchasing options for Office. These include, a yearly, monthly, and (oh wow, looky here).. a one off purchase price. MS would "like" you to subscribe, and it's featured heavily (much like legendary is here on DCUO), however the option is there to go premium, and purchase a one off licence.

By the way.. on the subject of Windows Defender/Security Essentials. I suggest you research just "what" happened to Security Essentials in a post 7 world.

"In Windows 8, Microsoft upgraded Windows Defender into an antivirus program comparable to Microsoft Security Essentials.[11] This new Windows Defender greatly resembles Microsoft Security Essentials and uses the same virus definition updates. As a result, Microsoft Security Essentials is not compatible with Windows 8." ( taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Defender )

In 8 or 10, you don't even have to go chasing it down. It's installed automatically. Antivirus protection right off the bat. A wise choice actually.
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

you probably got it free or a trial version or they gave it to u for free for getting it early WHO KNOWS. but I know there is a version of office that charges 5 bucks a month, I don't know.. but I know for a fact they charging for a lot of stuff, I have clients complaining... and my sister has windows 10.. yea it looks great. and im sure it runs your games great. but when it comes down to it... and you are a computer Tech. I choose windows 7 64 bit . over anything .. until windows 10 is out for a year at least... also I hear people are having trouble torrenting.. I know that's a debatable subject. but torrent using is not illigel. its the amount of data you push that gets u in trouble with your NP " network provider".. and what you download... like TV shows... fine... I wont say anything else. but I have charter and ive been torrenting for years. and never gotten any fall back. but.. back to windows 10... dude.. if u like it.. use it. like I said. but as its what I do for a living.. I push all my clients to keep windows 7. as long as they can.. cause. its simply the most solid running operating system right now... and the one with the least amount of problems.. windows xp was like that but its coming to the point where youc ant play newer games on xp.... . just wanted to give some professional advise. I wont be typing anymore on this thread "YAY TOSH IS GONE
    " if u would like any help or advise. pm me.... I can help you
  5. Havok138 Level 30

Uhmm so u want me to upgrade my computer just for this game well it was great for a while :) ty for the good times i think youll find there a lot more players on these 2 browser they u think an not everyone willin to fork out a hundred dollars to play a game
    • Like x 1
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

QUOTE from STOPPERVING w/e" my quote button isn't working

But I haven't paid for anything? I have Office. I have what used to be security essentials. I have my other programs. Hell.. I didn't even pay for the OS I use now because it was free. So where have I paid? What am I going to have to pay for? I'm genuinely curious here.

I'm just asking for one thing. What will I be paying for. Surely you can provide that yes?

I'm also going to address the reply to Sbel's post about Office. Currently there are a number of purchasing options for Office. These include, a yearly, monthly, and (oh wow, looky here).. a one off purchase price. MS would "like" you to subscribe, and it's featured heavily (much like legendary is here on DCUO), however the option is there to go premium, and purchase a one off licence.

By the way.. on the subject of Windows Defender/Security Essentials. I suggest you research just "what" happened to Security Essentials in a post 7 world.

"In Windows 8, Microsoft upgraded Windows Defender into an antivirus program comparable to Microsoft Security Essentials.[11] This new Windows Defender greatly resembles Microsoft Security Essentials and uses the same virus definition updates. As a result, Microsoft Security Essentials is not compatible with Windows 8." ( taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Defender )

In 8 or 10, you don't even have to go chasing it down. It's installed automatically. Antivirus protection right off the bat. A wise choice actually.

END QUOTE

NO thanks. I can learn about the stuff i need to know about the day im working on it.. but i could literally care less about windows 8... 8.1 is ok. cause its like i said.. windows 8 with the aspects of windows 7 put into it... but windows 10 I STRONGLY recommend waiting , if u have Windows 7 or 8.1. WAIT at least a year..
  7. PlasticManWithAplan New Player

you are so freakin right.. windows 7 64 bit kills windows 8 . and windows 10 atm... in the future windows 10 may be better. but if u cant torrent IM OUT. Plasticman is out.... but for realz tosh is right.
  8. OANGL Well-Known Player

Wow very surprised people are still playing on xp and vista. Nothing wrong with that just very surprised.
  9. Rich New Player

im just going to say this if your pc is still on xp or vista is long pass time to get a new machine anyways lol. dont do it for the game do it for the sake thats it LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG over due.. do your pc a favor and put it out of its misery
  10. Havok138 Level 30

ok four lvl 10 to 15 last year could do this if they cannot u guys have failed us an im not talking a bout elites alts im talkin new players that figure out the mechanics i learned how to play this game on a seasonal 2 an so years ago. soo Pls start lookin back at why This game had so many loyal custmers an it wasnt because it was too hard or rest badges where needed its because u guys use to listen to the Peeps playin I PLAY FOR FUN an i def dont mind teaching new players but im wasting hrs trying an they just want to quit game after they try your seasonal so pls make it fun again ty for your time
  11. Havok138 Level 30

I have my Business computer but i wouldnt put any of these online games on it an im not upgrading for one game at this time maybe when the other games follow suit but for now this is a gamin computer an isnt worth putting a hundred into at this time an im not going out a buyin a new one ether an spending 500 hundred plus dollars ether ..My computer runs every other game fine !! :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Rich New Player

and that is fine but you cant fault daybreak for keeping up with time and not staying back worrying about every old os if they did that they wouldnt be able to keep up with their own game with updates and so on..
  13. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

How many are on vista or XP? What 1% of the population? Its up to DB but i suggest a cost benefit analysis be done. DB needs to determine minimum software requirements. All games set minimum software requirements.
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Wait at least a year? Isn't the upgrade only free for the first year? You're advising people to wait until they have to pay for windows 10. Great advice there. :rolleyes:
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Thought this was interesting timing as my CNet newsletter topic this week was about a specific upgrade to Windows 10 issue. The issue itself is irrelevant here but more this quote is relevant to this conversation:

"For all the folks who decided to upgrade to Windows 10, it's a mixed bag of results -- some successfully completed it without a hitch, others have experienced a multitude of problems."

I'm not trying to throw gas on the fire, and again I understand why the devs are moving forward on this and appreciate the accommodations that they are working on for older OS users. I mostly bring this up to illustrate why some users hesitate to upgrade, especially work machines, just for a game.
  16. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Erm.. I have Win10 on my main.. had a few issues so far like DX not working properly.. and not using all the RAM correctly. I like the interface though, and its still a young OS..

This PC i build for my fiancee, Vista Business x64 SP2.. so far, much more stable than 10 imho.
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

actually im advising people to use windows 7 or 8.1 as long as they can. but . if you know anything at all about updating your pc.. EVERYONE knows not to get a new windows for at least a year. but take my advise with a grain of salt if you have TONS OF MONEY and have someone work on your computer when ever you get a virus. but if ur a self tech that updates and knows anything about using malwarebytes. anti virus. you should know , if u dont thats your call....
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

Thats what i mean mate... im not saying Windows 10 is always gonna suck but.. there are problems with games... if u game especially . there are bound to be problems with some games... thats just a fact.. most games were designed for and tested on windows 7 or 8.1, I dont doubt at all within a year or more that windows 10 may be really good. but ATM i would not recommend it.. but called it bad advice if u want, guy i replied to before, lots of Driver problems.. are going to be had... who knows. mostly with ATI GPU's but.... will see...
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

Well alot of people that know lots about pcs love XP i loved it.. but i love win 7 cause its just as good. but newer but yea it sucks games that are coming out now. are starting to not work on xp. so beloved xp will be obsolete sadly but windows vista with sp2 isnt bad. but the people that are using just havnt either had thte time to update or the money...
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

ummm the computer itself. no .. like i said. alot of Hardcore IT guys love xp still . and have really good computers. theyl just have to update theyr OS.. not get rid of the Computer itself.. that right there is what im talking about.... thinking like that.. its not your fault , but throwing away or updating to a totally new machine because of the OS... its so easy to just reinstall a new better opperating system and make it good as new... You give me a 200 dollar compac tower. with basic stats. i can turn it into a entry level gaming machine for about 200 more bucks... and make it worth double
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.