lol seriously what is up with Sorcerys Fury?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by sliphazard, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Nope, I will never stop reading. The power needed buffing, it got it. Now I see complaints on how. Sorry, but I'm in the camp of you can't make anyone happy these days.
    Now it seems like, OMG, my power got buffed and hits really hard but not like I wanted it to. Boo freaking hoo.
    • Like x 1
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I see no issues here. Rage can melee everything in dues and alerts but can't in T7 raids for example. They can melee in lower cr raids too just not the current top Tier.
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Fury isnt even that evil as it has a small delay but then again this would require an actual population of Earth DPS to figure. Crystal unloads straight its power bar, Fury delays on around a second+ before it starts really doing something.

Also the frontload damage applies in the endgame raids. My Earth DPS is beta modded and the other classes (aside from Sorcery) have to sit behind me. It's just not that simple like Ice, Mental and co. were you faceroll your powerbar and get a result. For burst its a bit different approach as for sustained encounters.

Maybe they going to split the pet ticks into half and also reduce the cost into half so the damage is frontloading still but with a slight time-stretch giving other powers a minimal chance to do smth ... unless you are a dot class :p
    • Like x 2
  4. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Technically any of the healing powers can "battle heal" Celestial has always had the edge but if you set up your healer a certain way any of the four healers can do it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

I get it too. But frankly, the community doesn't agree. Ever hear anyone say that DoT powers should do more damage than burst powers because of their longer setup time? That setup time doesn't matter on bosses because the fights are so extended. The only time people make those claims are because they think trash mobs matter. More frankly, they think trash mobs matter because there's more NPC health to be claimed on the scoreboard from trash mobs than there are from bosses. Or if that's not true, there's ENOUGH health to be claimed from trash mobs to notably affect the final scoreboard results. I'm with most everyone else on the forums that acts like they don't care about the scoreboard. But lets not kid ourselves. Most players in-game care about the scoreboard. They might not be able to articulate the inputs as well as I can but they care. They never shut up about it in almost any group I'm in. They switch to FOTM powersets that perform best on the scoreboard. They also like clearing trash mobs quickly because it shortens their run times. They also REALLY care about their run times. So at this point if I'm going to participate in talking powerset balance, I ignore the scoreboard and ignore trash mobs at my own peril. I can't really afford to just blow off what I assume is a large portion of the population.
    • Like x 7
  6. Your Save Your New Player

Christ, someone always has to come crying foul to ruin the power of someone else for the gain of their own. Why not simply state the issue of nature taking too long instead of throwing fury under the bus after a much needed buff? Not like it's any better dps'ing with fire/ice/mental etc who also one shot after their big power. Furthermore, Sorcery is far more than pressing offering to keep fury powered. Outside duos, it can't handle everything off of that alone.
  7. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Lol, Stop crying. Pets also use there Power Bar to Breakout / Recover from knockdown (IIRC).

When Fury is breaking out or recovering, Holding a pulse beam, or spending time doing normal attacks, or getting close enough to your target just to attack.....

We're losing damage. There is a draw back to pets doing all the damage for us. If i'm in a room fighting a Mob of 3 and Fury is around the corner spending time on one enemy. I'm only able to proceed in damage from normal WM combos until he brings his **** back to me.

I've even seen Fury miss with a Transmute before. The Mob was knocked up in the air from my partner and the Trans ball flew right past them lol.

He will let off maybe 1 or 2 big hits before I have to wait for his power to recharge.

While other AM's can just freely rotate & get better power regeneration.

I'm starting to see alot of Sorc & Earth toons too. So funny when they run out of power. We dont have such good power regen like many other AM's.

Weapon Mastery is a must like very few other AM's when the majority dont need it or will never use it. They deserve the damage they do. Powers like Mental, Ice, Fire, an anyone else who truly know how to use there power an is not just FOTM'ing will still match up or beat you in damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Wow, you know all three Earth dps?
    • Like x 3
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

BTW,

WGAF

ITS PVE, WE'RE ON THE SAME TEAM

YOU COMPETITIVE IMBECILES.

"OMG HE'S BEATING ME IN DAMAGE ON MY OWN TEAM"

Do you guys listen to yourselves?

I see now why many are vouching for the Scoreboard to be removed.
    • Like x 2
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Fit your pleasure. Hard.
    Nice sig gif, Sticky.
    • Like x 1
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Not personally but I answered a call from a friend. My eyes were actually watering trying to see what was going on
    • Like x 1
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All this from a duo. Some of y'all complaints are just petty. I can see if we were talking about raid damage, maybe even an alert, but this is about duos.
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The part you missing is the low man in dps is the first to be kickedvwhen things go wrong. Dps should be balanced. Some groups don't even invite unless you're the fotm power. Like it or not dps in competitive, it's always been that way in all mmos. Other mmo use a third party tool to see dps, just a fyi
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I've reCently seen that low man be ice and I mean less that a tank and healer low. Also saw a 131 sorc get doubled by a 123 hl in ngn. Yes the sorc guy was garbage. I would rather an extra support role than some people weak burn with op powers.
  15. sliphazard Active Player

lol I love how if anyone has any sort of criticism or opinion based on how a power was buff or nerfed it's immediately labeled as "whinning" or "crying". If you read my post I stated I wasn't that upset about it and was merely giving my opinion on how the buff relates content wise with my specific power.

Again, if you read my post and the following replies. I don't care about damage output. The topic I was brining up had nothing to do with it.

Actually I was talking about Alerts as well. So it's not just about Duos. And whether you like it or not Duos and Alerts make up 2/3rd if not more of the content available. And since they reset daily are actually more relevant then Raids. And should be taken more seriously.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

From what I see you are concerned about damage. Of course, you find it fun... a lot do too. Especially if you can get big damage in a duo
    Yes you are. You may not say it outright, but you want a nerf.
    You want a nerf to it by the sound of it lol. And there's more to it than just casting Offering lol.
    And the adds dont drop with Fury just going off with his Arcane Barrage or Transmutation. It take supplemental damage.

It's ok. Im mainly a healer myself.
    • Like x 1
  17. Your Save Your New Player

I don't care if you said you were upset or not. The fact of the matter is you through one power that needed a buff under the bus because yours is under-performing. Whether you want to be petty and fight over if it should be labeled as "crying" is a waste of time. Moreover, to reiterate my point, Sorcery did not have to be used as a sacrifice to bring attention to your Nature issue. Obviously you do care about damage output as you're basically saying one it too high and clearing trash faster than you can. In conclusion, if you don't mean something than find a better precise way of saying it.
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yes, their powers blind me.
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

No they shouldn't be taken seriously because the adds have no health, so burst damage or who ever get there first win, so if you're nature and trying to setup dots, you'll loose. Lmao at duo damage complaints
    • Like x 2
  20. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

While it is understandable to point out the intricacies and flaws of power sets, the way OP presented the information does sound like he was indirectly asking for a nerf. I draw this conclusion primarily because it's a method I've seen used many times on these boards before. The picture provide by CrazyArtBrown does more to prove a point than anything yet he's Cr131 in a T5 Duo. If you'd like to dispute, prove, or disprove something that warrants a nerf or buff please at least use proper variables.
    • Like x 2