lol seriously what is up with Sorcerys Fury?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by sliphazard, Aug 28, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

With Nature in DUOS I use to go into Wolf Form. Use Carnage and my rotation was Roar and Serpent call than I did the dart move or upper cut. Every now and than I would use Harvest and I keep Swarm on cool down for add damage. On boss fight I would go normal, do the DOT and than the Wolf form abilities.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kreachure Committed Player

Unless you're doing low content I don't see how you can't dps. Fury doesn't one shot in endgame duos/alerts.
    • Like x 3
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That's what i do on my nature dps in duos and raid adds
  4. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

It's downright hilarious to see Fury one-shot T5 bosses left and right.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

The reason pet AM is way better than other powers in the tunso test is because the devs realized that the pets won't be any stronger in a live test than they are in a tunso test. They don't get stronger with proficiencies. They don't get stronger with affinities. They don't get stronger with mainframe mods. They don't get stronger with RD mods. And they don't get stronger with generator mods. So if we balance Earth/Sorcery to the Tunso Test baseline targets, they'll be way underpowered on live because other powersets will scale up from those targets and Earth/Sorcery barely would. So they worked backwards with Earth/Sorcery and balanced them to the Live Tests. That resulted in Tunso Test performance above the targets.

I get the burst element of it. I also get why they chose to do that. Maybe they took it too far but I won't judge at the moment. The key point I was trying to emphasize is that when people say that you shouldn't judge a powerset by how they do in a duo, I kind of agree and I kind of disagree. The reason for disagreeing is that performance in a duo is actually fairly analogous to the performance you'll expect for the trash mobs in a raid. IF you're the type of person worried about the scoreboard in a raid, trash mobs matter.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

I was just thinking those first 3 seconds could potentially claim a big percentage of the trash mob health in a raid. It only takes about 12s to refill Fury when out of combat. So depending on how fast the group is moving from mob to mob, you could potentially do a ton of mob damage. Maybe I'm over thinking it but the performance in a duo tends to mimic performance on trash mobs in all content for most powersets.
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If the tunso test was 30-60secs, i don't think the numbers would be as good. At the start of every fight the pets fire of 2 quick attacks, and during the rest of the fight they slow down, even with full power. That's all i'm saying.
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

Gotcha. Tunso Tests should be 3 minutes. I don't always go the full distance but I'm usually always longer than 2 minutes. If I recall correctly, the testers for Sorcery and Earth did in fact go the full 3 minutes. 30-60 seconds would be considered too short for pretty much all the powersets.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sorcery Electric and Nature can do it too.
    It's definitely possible :)
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lmao. Ikr ;)
    Im learning it with Sorcery. :D
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, the Tunso tests are based on 10 second parses, but not one at a time. They are performed over a period of 3-5 minutes with errors discarded. The big burst is only on the first parse. For Earth and Sorc, it can be started right after the pet is spawned, so it's not preloaded with a full bar.
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

I run raids with pet dps the same cr as my gadgets. It's true they are hallway cleaners and get good numbers that way, but I catch up on bosses. The end result is pretty even imo.
    Duos and alerts pet dps is king, they have been for a long time but you never saw one when the endgame earth population was 2% and most sorc preferred wm.
    • Like x 1
  13. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I'm confused. Did a power that needed a buff get a buff and someone is complaining?
    • Like x 4
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, total population is still only 1.2% Earth. Above CR 126 is at a whopping 4.6%. ;)

FWIW, Ice is still king at around 17%, followed closely by Quantum at 15%. So, that's about 1/3 of the end game players using only two powersets, lol!
    • Like x 1
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

Lol yep most likely players switched because of corrupted zamaron scoreboards. :p I want to see them tank now haha
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Basically
  17. sliphazard Active Player

I'm confused. Did some one respond to a topic without actually reading the original post or the following reply's? :eek:

Expressing genuine concerns and criticisms is not complaining. As I said I am not "raging" over this or crying out "broken!". I understand Sorcery needed a buff, but as every DCUO player knows and I'm sure even you do, sometimes even through their testing some powers can be over buffed hence the term "FOTM Power". I was simply giving my opinion that maybe the Sorcery buff is a little to extreme specifically relating to content in Alerts and Duos.
  18. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I confused that you're confused. No I'm not. Yes I read the original post and I replied to that post. After all the crap I've read about powers needing a buff the last thing anyone needs to do is complain about another power getting a buff.
  19. sliphazard Active Player

lol I think you are confused otherwise I wouldn't have to repeat myself. I'm not complaining that Sorcery got a buff, as I said I understand and believe they needed a buff. I was expressing my opinion on how they (the devs) implemented said buff. And how it relates to other powers, specifically nature, as that is my power type.

By your logic, if players feel a power needs to be buffed, and it does get buff then theres no more need for further conversation about the subject. It doesn't matter how the power was buffed, it doesn't matter how it affects other power types or how it performs in specific content. It got buffed case closed? Balancing out the window. Interactions out the window. Discussion closed.

Well I'm sorry but you're wrong. That is the very nature (no pun intended) and purpose of the forums. Discussion. I happen to disagree with how they went about buffing Sorcery and was stating my opinion about it. If in your opinion a lot of the stuff you're reading is "crap" then maybe you should stop reading the forums.
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

Alright, I know I'm preaching to the choir here but trash mobs are called trash because they don't matter. I scratch my head when people complain about Earth or Munitions or what have you burning down adds too fast; that's a raid/alert design problem, not a powerset problem. The scoreboard isn't useful if the community doesn't take powersets used and enemy composition into account.
    • Like x 1