Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Roomba Dedicated Player

Don't blame the entire community, blame the silent healers :p No reason to harsh the buzz a few excited DPSers
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I'm still at work.... :(
  3. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Here's an idea....stop me if you've even remotely considered this: Stop complaining and do something about it. Do some experimenting and create your own thread. For Grodd's sake, we know you have enough pull in the community to get people to pay attention. Yeesh.
  4. FeelsGood New Player

Healer community for sorcery is good to go now to figure out this dps power. It's different for sure
  5. Beast17 New Player

I'm excited for this thread and looking forward to trying celestial powers but I'm on the ps3 and not legendary at the moment, so would someone be willing to put up a description of what each power does? I know its not a quick process nor enjoyable and if its not done by the time I renew my membership in a few days I'll have no problem with doing it myself. I just feel it's helpful for people who dont want to make a whole new toon or switch to celestial just to get an overall sense of how the powerset would work. Obviously, trying it out yourself will be the best way, but before I commit to celestial I'd want to see an overlook of how I might utilize it.
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

What ya want to know? :)

I do remember giving feedback in the first week for healing only. Did a few recordings as well.
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

nothing just sad to see 3 pages into a guide/ power thread the only healer question was dom applied to shields

no one posting their healer loadouts, no one explaining the supercharges

just sad really

long live dps universe!
    • Like x 5
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

lol i have no pull, neither does odyssey, we just post a lot so people know who we are
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Soul; I want to figure out how to make this power into a Tank.. Community.. go!
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If familiar with Sorcery the Purified PI works like Bad Karma. One can heal with Celestial without combos and be fine. In fact you probably won't have enough PP for everything. Must haves are Renew and Blessing which are the 2person instant and 4 person shield. Since Guardians Light is under Blessing I would take that. Imagine a quicker version of Ionic Drain but with a knock back. The rest will be personal preference but available abilities are Admonish, Consume Souls, Divine Light with SC being Sacrifice or Life Drain. Some other abilities may heal based on damage or combos Like Retribution>Wither or Corrupted Wrath of the Presence. Some of the abilities like Admonish and Consume Souls only heal 4 players. It is a great duo/alert healing ability but may require more attention and skill to heal a raid.
  11. FeelsGood New Player

You run with no dps inmates?
  12. BLK Well-Known Player

Which is the best healing super charge imo and what was your basic healer loadout.
  13. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

On a side note; has anyone been able to play yet? Stuck at work for another 2 hours :(
  14. FeelsGood New Player

Back on topic. Which is the power. Not about how someone who isn't contributing to the thread opinion are about the community. I would assume don't ruin this thread cause someone pee'd in your thread. Eye-for-an-Eye make the whole world blind.
  15. BLK Well-Known Player

its deff fun slow and steady but with big numbers at the end of the combos
    • Like x 1
  16. blklightning New Player

I ran Trigon and BD today using this loadout:
    Renew->Cleansed Curse, Admonish->Cleansed Blight, Blessing, Consume Soul, Divine Light (or Guardian's Light), and either Life Drain or Consecrated Ground.

I did well, I think. I have to let go of my reliance on burst heals and look more to Consume Soul. I've only healed as Electric, so HoTs are still a bit foreign to me. Also figuring out how my heals clip with each other and stuff. I've become much more of a mid-range healer this past month or two. Now, I'm even closer to the fray.

I like that WofP->Cleansed CS can give one HoT, and then CS can stack another HoT on top of it. Not sure how to make it relevant to raids though. I though I'd like Guardian's Light, but it does seem to share the same cast time as Ionic Drain. I could have sworn it was faster on the test server. Divine Light is much better than it was when I started testing. I can see its value now.

For SC, I'm torn between Life Drain and Consecrated Ground. I've never gotten the handle of using a SC to mass heal, but can easily manage an SC that does heavy damage mitigation. So, I'll play with the two and find out which I like better.

I've also got to get used to using Blessing. Electric had no group shield, but I did greatly love Group Transducer. I'm cool with using shields to protect the team, I just have to remember that I have one. LOL
    • Like x 3
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol dont worry i'll as soon as i get on later i'll be experimenting with the healing side of it and i'll give some feedback after a few hours of game time.
    • Like x 3
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

DLC was up for what maybe an hour when you made this post.

This thread isn't even half a day old yet.

Give it a chance. On test server fro what I saw it looked like about 50/50 on people testing healing or dps. At least as far as what was discussed... probably more dps online testing and not talking though.

Personally I was looking at dps mainly because that 's what i do, plus healing requires other people to get good testing done and that's troublesome on test.

DOn't fear though, I believe Alpha got the base healing values calculated.

Like Kristyana started the thread with, it's a skeleton of a guide currently, so give it time to develop :D
    • Like x 2
  19. blklightning New Player

THIS ^^!!!

I was so excited to spend time on test to try out the healing options. After the first couple of days, there were so few people online that all I could do was stand in front of a dummy and practice my combos. I got to partake in ONE t4 raid. No, I didn't want to do Nexus. That's ridiculous to walk into the 2nd hardest raid in the game and not fully understand my powerset. After a few days of banging my head against my keyboard... hoping for enough people online to actually run content, I just gave up and went back to live.
    • Like x 2
  20. BLK Well-Known Player

raven bounty is the best thing ever.
    • Like x 1