Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

If you battle heal and use Celestial combos for your precision damage and no weapon attacks, you can really suck power. Still, even as combo only DPS, I normally run around 20:1 damage to power ratio, which is pretty efficient.
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

No time line on the fix, but it was clearly unintended.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

True, but I was considering battle healing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I see. Man, my battle healing loop is gone.
    twas nice till now.
  5. Lady Thren New Player

Thats what Im doing but Im getting bored lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Exactly. That's why I was about to leave the powerset. If Max Damage hadn't come along, I would have.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

^This> Much the same for me unless i have a couple of melee in the same instance. Then i do pre-cast, and even then rarely below 40% with two decent trolls.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If you're on the hero side or still cel, I can show you to not lose much power even without a troll.
    I say im a former because for now I have retired. Lockdown was a bust and I fell asleep with the lights on whilst playing, and im now banned from dcuo by my family.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ah, I was just speaking for the DPS angle. McB and RcC is bread and butter.
  10. Xzotix Committed Player

O.k, Hero side. I'll look you up if your on.
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Toon is Prophetic Warrior
  12. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I'm actually contemplating returning to Celestial now that Max Damage is out and seems to give Celestial a much needed boost. Having switched to Sorcery a few months ago, I'm starting to feel that, while it is quite powerful, it is also getting a bit too boring. Having been running Electricity lately on an alt, I actually started to miss being the primary source of damage instead of playing second fiddle to my pet as I am with Sorcery. :p Celestial was a lot of fun, but lost a lot of appeal when WM came out... but I hear that with Max Damage it is back to being competitive again with just the combos.

Yet, with Celestial being more or less supposed to be a "weaponless" powerset, but also the fact that its Might damage sucks... what Neck mod are people running? I know with Sorcery, since I'm very WM dependent, I run Relentless Precision because my DW>Bow combos make great use of the hit counter... but not sure with Celestial... perhaps Fortified Blocking? :confused:
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

I run with FB just for the added survivability. RP won't work with just combos. Even a prolonged precision DoT, like PcDL by itself won't trigger it. I ran with EM for a bit, but with the might damage being such a small portion, I opted to just go with FB.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

The new guide is awesome and I like the way you laid it out... having the descriptions from each tree together along with the combos makes it a LOT easier!! How many times on this guide did I have to scroll up and down to try and figure out what the powers and combos were and how the best way to make them work together.
    • Like x 1
  16. aevp2002 New Player

Thank you for this guide even though I'm not celestial but I'm considering to change
    BTW how did you kill yourself against a dummy?
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, Kristyana found a bug with Rage Crash that would cause you to KO, even though you took no damage. It was pretty hilarious! I saw him first discover it in the WT on test. That was a long time ago. BTW, this guide hasn't been updated in ages. Feel free to check out my guide. It's more current and quite active.