Notice: Marketplace on Windows XP and Vista

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

UPDATE: This is resolved with today's update. Players on XP or Vista can access the Marketplace in-game to spend Daybreak Cash or claim rewards, but will still need to visit the website to purchase Daybreak Cash or Membership.

PC players who play DCUO on Windows XP or Vista are currently unable to open the in-game Marketplace. We are working to resolve the situation and apologize for the inconvenience.

Windows XP and Vista

We are investigating solutions to allow players on Windows XP or Vista to continue to open the Marketplace, spend Daybreak Cash, and claim items. However, even once a solution is in place, players on these operating systems will still need to visit the DCUO website directly, in a supported (modern) browser, to purchase Daybreak Cash, Episodes, and Memberships.

We recommend players upgrade their operating systems to Windows 7 or later to continue to have full Marketplace functionality.

Contact Customer Support

Until a solution is in place, players on XP or Vista can request item purchases (spending Daybreak Cash) by opening a ticket at http://help.daybreakgames.com. Our support staff will then make the requested purchase. Please provide the following information in these requests:
    • Daybreak Account Name
    • Character Name
    • Full name of the item you wish to purchase
    • Quantity of the items you wish to purchase
    We do not yet have time estimates on when the solution will be in place, and thank you for your patience while we implement it.
    • Like x 2
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Thanks Mepps, at least for me that sounds like a reasonable solution once its in place.

One question: should we also put in a ticket to claim monthly stipends? I don't need mine immediately but given that my claim date is the 18th and the new system wasn't in place by then would I miss a month of claimability? I suppose this is less of an issue if it looks like the solution will be in place quite quickly.
  3. Master Musician Active Player

Bro,
    I have to ask as you have suggested that we upgrade our OS to 7 or greater; Are you guys in the process of phasing out support for these older OSs? Be honest... Some of us have spent a huge amount of money on your servers and a forced upgrade would just be a bit much. I have the newer OSs on other partition, but many only have what they have, and wouldn't be able to play their all access to its potential.
    Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

XP isn't even supported by Microsoft. It's time to upgrade. :)
    • Like x 8
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, please open a ticket to claim DBC as well.
  6. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

This is not the same thing but it's kind of related !!

I once heard there was a way to pay for legendary using steam but there was some bug since GU25.
    Will you guys ever fix it ?

As far as I know this problem is known to you guys since it began.
    It was in 2013.
  7. Exostar New Player

It's cool that this is being addressed now and can I can finally look forward to using the MP again. Using the ticket system isn't bad but, is there a full list of items in the MP I can look through that will also include the items going for 50% off tomorrow? I want to catch that sale but I won't know what is 50% off since I can't open the MP.
  8. Exostar New Player

I also made a ticket earlier about another issue in game and updated it with an item I also wish to purchase from the Marketplace. How long will it take for this to be addressed since it's under a different category than the Marketplace? I can't close the ticket so now I am in a bind.
  9. Nemisor Committed Player

but not to Windows 10 yet, trust me it's a trap!!
  10. 15FloridaBoy New Player

I'm having problems with market place cash.. I purchased 2000 Market cash $19.99 earlier today and have not received the marketplace cash yet.

15FloridaBoy
    NATURE
    PvE CR 136
    SKILL POINTS 200
    USPSN4 Eastern
    ------------------------------
  11. LittleToys New Player

Yes but it is all I have, I am disabled and on a fixed income, if you want to donate a new PC to me great, but until then I have to use what I have and live with it. I have nothing but respect for you personally and the same for all the guys and gals at daybreak, and thank you for the fix.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wash Hariere New Player

problem not in game problem whith this people who still play on this OS support many programs ended.
    players WinXp & Vista should suffer
  13. CLJ New Player

That is in now way, shape or form related. At all.
  14. CLJ New Player

Why should we suffer? Do you have some weird fetish for seeing people who use older operating systems suffer? Vista is still supported. I still get regular updates.
    • Like x 1
  15. CLJ New Player

I don't understand this, it was working fine with Vista or XP - and now it does not work. What happened? Upgrading to a new operating system is not cheap, Windows 7 is still not cheap. And older computers updating to 8 or 10 is useless. Not to mention that you have to go through the hassle of reinstalling all of your software, just so we can accommodate the marketplace?

So in other words, I have to spend money on an OS or tell you to buy things for me?!
    • Like x 1
  16. LittleToys New Player

It is odd that it was working fine for me just after the bombshell paradox came out, then a few days ago it stopped working.
  17. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Not cheap ?

You buy operating systems ?? LOL

dude .. download it ...
  18. CLJ New Player

Yes, I do. I have a job, and I like having a stable computer. No pirated version of any Windows operating system lasts. Honestly dude, why push the piracy thing? I haven't known a single person that has owned a pirated copy of windows that lasts. Perhaps if you run a system that makes no contact with the internet. But chances are, you do. XP, Vista, 7, 8. Even the hotfixes and genuine key cracks eventually break.

Besides, the original point of my post is - how come one day the market place worked for XP and Vista users and the next day it doesn't?
    • Like x 2
  19. Wash Hariere New Player

Win7 bad idea Win8.1 or 10 if you think is no drivers on your hardware use DPS DriverPackSolution 10gb drivers. DPS can find drivers for PC running on 8.1 OS whith last drivers be for WinXP OS.
    You need try any way install normal OS

you hear something about torrent?

P.S. i install 8.1 on Pentium4 3.2ghhz, 2gb memory, 128mb videocard memory motherboard asus p4c800 yahhh hardware is too old but Win8.1 run on it whith driver from DPS
  20. Wash Hariere New Player

Answer is "Tooooooo old OS"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.