ZOE needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Holomang, May 26, 2013.

1. Winfield

I don't expect to duel MAX units as HA, I think you're just putting words into the mouths of people in this thread. Believe what you will, but I actually kick *** in my MAX against regular infantry, but sure, I die as much silly deaths as any other bloke.

Thing is, what you're still not able to perceive or believe after so many posts, is that you have the mobility and any gamer who's serious about gaming knows that speed equals life.

Your MAX gets this life, while making full use of their firepower, unlike the TR MAX which is completely immobile and the NC MAX who is covered, but cannot fire.

If you can't understand a concept as simple as this..I don't know what to do.
  2. soeguud

It is literally our only decent CQC weapon in our armory that doesn't have an equivalent in the other factions. Wouldnt mind trading that blueshift for our shotguns though.
  3. TallPaul_S

Nope. Wrong!

I have personally been locked down as a TR MAX - level 4 btw. Dual chainguns. ZOE MAX coming into my firing arc. I put every single bullet into him as for some reason, he just stood there, 10 ft away. I died. The kill screen showed him at zero health, so we killed each other. He was using AI guns. So AI vs AI, a fair fight. The only reason the ZOE max was on so little health was because he stood still.

If he had moved, strafed, round around and shot me from a different angle, he would have gotten away with alot more health.

Please, get your fact straight.

You go 1v1 with a lockdown max and a ZOE max and provided the ZOE max moves (meaning the TR max wil miss some shots) the ZOE max wins.
  4. ent|ty

Don't need one.

Just learn to deal with adversity. You'll be fine.
  5. FendleyFire

ZOE MAXes ridiculous speed is really wearing down my will to keep playing. It's the speed, that's all it is. The one downside to being a MAX is that you are slow as **** and therefore easier to hit which counteracts their massive HP, not with ZOE! Just keep dancing and don't worry about C4 or decis.

Even when we were expecting a butt load of MAXes and got heavies ready with decis and I had a C4 at the bottom of a set of stairs it just didn't matter. I set my C4 off right at a ZOE MAXes feet and it didn't register and then they just stormed up and wiped everyone out.

/rant
    • Up x 2
  6. Badname6587

ZoE is a ridiculous ability. Give it the damage buff or the speed buff, not both. NC got a kill me now shield, which is virtually useless and makes an obscenely easy target for LAs because they no longer can use charge. TRs get ubermode Lockdown Bursters just adding to their already OP AA arsenal of strikers. The TR faction basically neutralizes any type of enemy air because of these two very game breaking AA qualities. NC or VS have nothing remotely to this degree. Either find us some kind of equilibrium to match this AA imbalance or nerf the **** out of the TR striker/burster w/lock. NC is better off with charge than that shield in most all circumstances.
  7. DanGadelha

The only thing OP about ZOE max is that pink glow... It takes other players attention away from actually important targets ¬¬
    • Up x 1
  8. BDMagnum

ZOE doesn't allow you to instagib anyone. If you're using dual Blueshift/Nebula, the peak TTK is unchanged (four dual shots with or without ZOE on).

The damage taken penalty is not as small as some folks keep insisting it is.

If you cannot hit a strafing target the size of a MAX, then you cannot hit a strafing target the size of an infantryman, and your problems run much deeper than ZOE MAXes.

Strafing only helps at all against attacks from the frontal arc (or maybe the back if you have Spidey Sense). This is the same arc from which the Aegis shield protects the NC MAX and from which it's suicidal for a lone MAX to engage a locked-down Fracture MAX at any range at which your own weapons are a threat to it.

Strafing also substantially reduces your own accuracy.

Using C4 on any MAX that sees you coming is no picnic - this is not at all unique to a MAX with ZOE.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kronic

This. The only reason I played for so long today was because of double XP. ZOE MAXes just dancing around your deci shots and running at infantry speed away from your C4. It's getting beyond annoying now. I try my hardest to avoid fighting the VS, not just because the ZOE is annoying/OP but because for every 2 normal infantry you'll see a bloody ZOE MAX ADAD warping around.
  10. VanuSovereignty

• NS weapons shouldn't be augmented by Lockdown and ZOE at all.
    • The strafing exploit that needs to be fixed still needs to be fixed. This has nothing to do with ZOE.
    • Aegis either needs to absorb infinite damage from the front, or allow one arm to fire while the shield is active.
    • Lockdown needs to let your turn 360 degrees. It's a poor choice to force a narrow turning radius.
  11. Rk3lly

watch this match. the tr maxs are great and the vanu max's are easily taken down and countered. it looks pretty balanced in my opinion.

mainly this is just forum newbs have a learn to play issue.
    • Up x 3
  12. NightFalls998

This^^

Great post +1

NC and TR start whining when VS is finally viable as a faction.
    • Up x 2
  13. NightFalls998

Nice video- shows how TR maxes are much more viable than VS

Before NC max nerf:

NC >>>TR >>VS

After NC max nerf:

NC >> TR >> VS

After max abilities:

NC > TR >= VS

+1
  14. FendleyFire

The most annoying thing the ZOE can be used in a lot more situations than the other two abilities.

TR Lockdown: Defensive, impossible to use on the offensive, the only way you are going to get kills is when idiots walk in front of you.

NC Shield: Mostly defensive, sort of offensive. I mean a shield is defensive by nature but with support at least you can move into a point and soak up all the damage.

VS ZOE: Both, enemy coming in to take your point? Hit ZOE and dance around and do more damage. Going to take an enemy point? Hit ZOE and dance around and do more damage.
  15. BlackDove

Look at the factions that are used to being OP ******** that their rival actually has a weapon that competes with theirs for a change. Go cry some more NC and TR noobs.

Maybe learn to play instead of complaining that VS has ONE weapon that matches all the BS you guys have?

How about your stupid whistling blue rockets or the red ones that are so OP it's not even funny. My maxed out and armored magrider gets destroyed by that BS all the time.

ZOE MAX with armor is still significantly weakened by having ZOE on, so learn how to aim better. C4 in a ten mile radius one hits it. A single rocket or tank shot too. Seriously, WTF are you guys complaining about when you have all the OP **** already? Is VS supposed to be the nerfed, underpopulated faction so the TR and NC can own the map constantly like they do on Briggs? Worried the fourth faction might start playing VS instead of TR?
    • Up x 3
  16. Rk3lly

ARE ENGY TURRETS EFFECTIVE? A TR LOCKDOWN IS A BETTER TURRET. A FRACTURE TURRET. SERIOUSLY THINK HOW AWESOME THAT IS COMPARED TO ONE LESS BULLET TO KILL AND A SMALL MOVEMENT BUFF. THIS FITS THE VS THEME.

THE ONLY CHOICE IS THIS OR JETPACK. SERIOUSLY IMAGINE THE WHINING IF VS MAXES HAD JETPACKS

WATCH OUTFIT MATCHES THE VS MAX IS TAKEN DOWN EASILY. IT DOES WELL IN LARGE NUMBERS JUST LIKE STRIKERS PHOENIX BURSTERS LANCERS MERCIES AND HACKSAWS. ALL THESE MAKE CERTAIN SITUATIONS ALMOST INTO A NO MAN LAND.

THIS IS THE POINT OF THE WEAPON. SOMETHING AS GOOD AS DUAL MERCIES OR DUAL HACKSAWS.

WE EVEN GET A SUPER REDUCED ARMOR. WE DIE WAY FASTER THAN ONE LESS BULLET.

WHEN U THINK ABOUT AN OFFENSIVE BOOST VS DEFENSIVE TRADE OFF. IT IS A SMALL MOVEMENT BUFF AND SMALL DAMAGE INCREASE WITH A LARGE DEFENSIVE DECREASE.

THE ONLY CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE ARE TO THE LOCKDOWN MODE AND THE SHIELD.

IF THOSE WERE AS FUN TO USE AS THE ZOE THEN NO ONE WOULD CARE. PEOPLE JUST GET BORED BEING STUCK IN ONE PLACE OR UNABLE TO FIRE A GUN.

I THINK THE LOCKDOWN MODE SHOULD BE ALMOST INSTANT AND NOT WORK ON NS STUFF. THEN THE AEGIS SHOULD REFLECT SOME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE.AND ALLOW SOME WEAPON USE. OR HAVE A SMALL AOE EFFECT OF SOME KIND MAYBE SHIELDING TEAMMATES OR SOMETHING.

MAYBE ALL THE MAX EFFECTS COULD HAVE AOE. ZOE BE A MOVEMENT BOOST, TR A RATE OF FIRE BOOST, NC SHIELD BOOST.

THESE WOULD MAYBE MAKE PUBBYS GROUP TO TAKE AREAS AND ROOMS AND DOORWAYS.
  17. whaleboy

I think it would be fine if ZOE maxes took double damage from the back while ZOE was active, instead of toning them down.
  18. Zamos

HACKMAX ?
  19. Rhaeyn

Red Shirts vs. Blue Shirts vs. Purple Shirts Side 2.

[IMG]
  20. phreec

The MAX units biggest downside is it's lack of mobility. ZOE completely removes that downside and you wonder why people find it OP...