[BUG] ZOE health?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat Cleburne, May 31, 2013.

1. Pat Cleburne

So, if I read correctly, the offset of the ZOE speed boost was supposed to be that it took less damage to kill it? From what I see on these forums people claim they have about the same health as a shielded heavy assault.

Well today I tried various methods to kill them, Fractures, pounders, decimators, and even AP tank shells.
    Fractures do minimal damage per shot, guessing by the health bar about 8% per round. Pounders seem better than fractures, but not by much.
    Decimators do about 50% damage.
    Then finally I pulled out my AP prowler and sniped one twice. No engineer present or anything. Two AP rounds and he still had 50% health and ran away to get repairs.

Now, that doesn't seem like much of a reduction in HP to me?
    The only time I killed one of these things was with either c4, or if they were already heavily damaged.
    Forget about trying to shoot one with an AR or LMG.

If you go one on one against a ZOE with a TR max of any loadout and you are going to lose almost every time. Thats just a fact.

Now tell me again what is so balanced about these things?
    • Up x 2
  2. gigastar

Are you sure thier ZOE was actually on?

What a bunch of the better VS MAX players are doing now is toggling ZOE to match thier attacks, instead of just leaving it on all the time like an idiot.
    • Up x 2
  3. Talshere

Then your not nearly as good shot as you think you are, because Im telling you right now, a ZOE MAX that takes a direct hit from a tank dies. Most maxes run flak armour so if your not direct hitting then they are adding probably a 30-50% mod to the AOE damage they are taking.
  4. Nocturnal7x

deci does half dmg to a normal max, so if its doing 50% to a zoe max then its broken.
    • Up x 1
  5. Oreo202

As far as I know, ZOE MAXes have 8000 effective health.
  6. Xasapis

Not sure what to tell you. I can verify that I got 1-shotted by decimators, but had taken some minor damage at the time. I was also 1-shotted by an engineer turret.
  7. Epic High Five

ZOE is ******** but it's nice one-shotting them with a vanguard HEAT round I tell you what
  8. Nocturnal7x

yea if you guys are one shotting these maxes, they must be damaged, or some bug, but my guess is already damaged. Ive hit zoe's with vanny heat..nothin, decis..nothin.
  9. Pat Cleburne

If you hit them with two AP rounds, they are direct hits. AP rounds have no splash damage. And I'm telling you, two prowler AP rounds do not kill one of these glowing things.
  10. Pat Cleburne

That's exactly what I'm seeing, yet VS players claim all of these things one shot kill ZOE maxes which just isn't true.
  11. Udnknome

The problem with ZOE is that the armor should scale with the trade off rather than the way it is currently.

Current ZOE.
    Rank 1 +5% damage - 40% armor
    Rank 2 +10% damage -35% armor
    Rank 3 +15% damage -30% armor
    Rank 4 +20% damage -25% armor.
    Rank 5 +25% damage -20% armor

What I'm suggesting.
    Rank 1 +5% damage -20% armor
    Rank 2 +10% damage -25% armor
    Rank 3 +15% damage -30% armor
    Rank 4 +20% damage -35% armor.
    Rank 5 +25% damage -40% armor

Right now at Rank 5 there is high damage with very little difference in actual armor. The trade off isn't really high enough for the buff and there is absolutely no reason to turn it off. Either that or they completely remove the damage buff and keep the current armor debuff for solely a movement buff.
    • Up x 1
  12. SgtBreastroker

That must be a hit reg problem then. Most of those should technically one hit a ZoE Max.
  13. Van Dax

That's incorrect and hasn't been correct since the early PTS builds of ZOE. You take 20% more damage regardless of level with ZOE active, this 20% is calculated after cert armour (flak/kinetic). This was changed as originally ZOE at rank one you took triple damage and double damage at maximum rank. The damage bonus is also not uniform for all weapons, in fact with the AI weapons the bonus actually only begins at rank 4 and remains unchanged at 5. The AV weapons get a fairly minor boost and the burster gets a very sizable and OP boost.
    So if a deci normally takes you down to half health with one shot and no flak armour, it will take you down to 40% health(if my math is right).
  14. gigastar

This was (more or less) how it started out on PTS, and obviously it didnt make it live. Think about that for a moment.
  15. SadButTrue

Increase damage received for each rank? Sounds great... if we could choose to run Rank 5 for AA and Rank 1 for AI. An ability should not be worse as the rank increases.
  16. IamSalvation

A Deci does 60% dmg to a normal Max. (Full hit)
    A Deci does about 90% dmg to a ZOE5 Max (Full hit)

Really a ZOE Max goes down very, very fast. Even if you only shoot with LMG/Shotguns...
    Also a AP Mine does about 40% dmg to a ZOE Max... (about 25% to a normal max without Flak Armor)

In small rooms where the ZOE Max can´t use the mobility bonus much a TR Max will kill a ZOE fast, very fast... no matter what weapons it has... in the open where the ZOE can jum around and do circles, strafe well... there the ZOE wins every time... really its not OP by any means... get real ... stop whine
  17. Joram

Bulls**t adn you know it, ive been hit by a direct decimator shot and does 84% of my total HP, pretty sure you are lying about the other ones to, knowing how much you whine about everything im gonna say you just want to spread misinformation.
    • Up x 2
  18. HadesR

Nix kills them in two shots like it does any Max
  19. Holomang

Put a HEAT round directly into the face of a ZOE MAX earlier today.

It just skittered away... I'm pretty sure it said "lolfgt" as it ran off too.
  20. XRIST0

honestly , i dont see the damage reduction at all .. it almost feels like they are even harder to kill now :rolleyes: