ZOE effect graphics need to be changed.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

So when the ZOE module is active all we get to show for it is some cheezy white skin tight shimmer. I dearly hope that this is a placeholder for the actual graphics, because currently we just look like we stood out in the cold for to long.

What about all of the lights and stuff on the MAX that look like the should glow or radiate? What about that friggan jetpack thing on the composite armor? I feel that the ZOE could've looked much cooler than it does now and I still hold out hope that it will be changed.

Anyone agree?
    • Up x 9
  2. Loegi

Totally agree. I was pretty dissapointed when I saw it.

Something with motors driving at 120% or something, so fans, heat, exhausts, lights, etc.
    • Up x 3
  3. SpaceKing

I don't think it looks that bad but it's hard to see sometimes

Could it be colored purple or cyan?
  4. Mstin

Both the mechanic and the graphics for it just scream "afterthought".

(Not to mention our 'starfire')
    • Up x 1
  5. Arquin

I agree, I want something awesome
    • Up x 2
  6. Breakshot

I agree too. There is so much that could be done to make it better.

Maybe while the ZOE is active the MAX could use some kind of magrider style hover jets while moving? It would help emphasize the mobility boost that it gets from the ZOE!

How about some cool activation and deactivation animations as well?
    • Up x 1
  7. Higby Developer

It's placeholder.
    • Up x 15
  8. NUKABAZOOKA

Praise King TRay!
    • Up x 3
  9. Quiiliitiila

Thanks for letting us know, I can't wait to see the real graphics!
  10. CobraJD

I think when it activates, loads of little carapace wings (?) (the shoulder pads) should unfold all over, and the armour around the arm guns should unfurl, revealing fizzing sparking power-cores inside.
    Basically, all the armour overheats and disengages/hangs off with the Overload, and that explains the increased damage, speed, and less resistance.
  11. Anti-Skub

I really think equipping ZOE as your ability should add the big shoulder wings and skates from Zone of the Enders (it's named after it after all :p) to the MAX and then while ZOE is active the MAX shouldn't walk, it should skim along the ground. I'm not suggesting it should be able to fly by the way...just that the increased movement speed should have a hover/skate style animation.

1:12 here if you don't know what I'm talking about

• Up x 1
  12. Maruun

And a nice sound effect when ZOE gets activated.
    Something like....
  13. Scientiarum

hone
    Honestly I was much more appalled by the goofy looking starfire. The charge animation on the barrel is cool but without the crab-arm stocks or a massive NS weapon the VS MAX just looks wussy (and honestly probably sort of difficult to identify as a MAX from a distance which might not be fair to enemy armor). I greatly appreciate the reduced COF though for the starfire. I think it is right where it should be (surprised it seems so good, I thought it would need to be lower than .39, but it seems good). Even as a near 100% VS player I have to say that 0 spinup on ZOE is with an unlimited timer is going to be a tad OP. I don't know if a limited 'battery' or whatever you call the mechanic is necessary but I think a 1.5 second 'spin-up' at activation and a 1.5 second lag between pressing the disengage and having it disengage would balance it perfectly (the lag at disengage would mean you are 'stuck' for a few moments being more vulnerable in the ZOE mode so people can't just switch it off to avoid getting dumb-fired in ZOE mode and taking the extra damage).
    • Up x 1
  14. Whiteagle

I think the ZOE should be a conical module on the back of the VS MAX that when activated opens up to resemble the Vanu Sovereignty's logo, with the green ring being a particle or glow effect generated within the open 'petals' of the 'bud.'

Actually something I've noticed about VS MAX weapons is that they're not really wrist mounted, they all just have stocks that are moulded around the forearms, so even the "Crab Arms" are just form fitted one-handed rifles...

That said, while I don't dislike the look of the Starfires, I do think they could use some wrist mounted Auto-loaders/Power Supplies in order to bulk the MAX up.
  15. Scientiarum

No I know they are just 'stocks' molded around the forearms, but the look characterizes the VS MAX. I am all for some variety so I agree with you, maybe add battery packs or something else but as it is it just looks silly compared to other faction's MAX units.
  16. Elrobochanco

I wish the starfire had a proper stock like the other VS max weapons. I don't care about having two laser pistols. I want two laser mantis shrimp arms (look it up). And since the last patch even the current VS max weapons have a clipping issue where the forearm is coming out through the sides.
  17. Van Dax

Pretty much agreed on both accounts.
  18. Fenrys

But first you'd need to collect 7 LLUs and between respawns get training from Grandpa Vanu :p

I'm just saiyan.
    • Up x 1
  19. Betrix5068

can they get hover boots when it is finished?
    • Up x 1
  20. deveras

Please don't give it a glowing effect, it would be the cream on the coffee with regards to uncreativity.

Make some mesh & animation changes. Yeah, @ Betrix5068, I would actually like this hovering idea.
    Justify the Max's speed increase by adding a hover animation.
    Also give the weapon design some nice changes - some ventiles coming out to prevent the Max from overheating or so.

And please do not wait half a year until you work on it (like the Lasher).
    • Up x 1