[Suggestion] ZOE - A minor change to bring it in-line

Discussion in 'MAX' started by KodiakBlack, May 28, 2013.

1. KodiakBlack

First up let me say, for the love of god don't just Nerf ZOE, its scary as hell yes but it gives Vanu maxes a real selling point that I feel they were lacking before. Speaking as a TR only player.

However it is easily the best of the three abilities with no real-gameplay drawbacks. Yes the 25% resistance debuff is painful on paper, but in truth the increased mobility, between straffing to avoid the explosive stuff and the capacity to get out of harms way, by far and away mitigates it. Then add the 25% damage to some very potent and accurate weaponry and you get a real monster.

But that's OK! Its supposed to. My problem is that it outstrips the other factions abilities by leaps and bounds. Both TR and NC got very situational abilities that had a real trade-off.

Honestly my problem with ZOE is that its always on, if it was limited duration it would be just fine.

Quick idea: Give ZOE a heat build-up mechanic, the longer its on the more the heat builds and less effective ZOE become, so at 50% heat the Damage resistance debuff is more severe and damage buff is less effective than at 0% heat with 100% basically crippling the max, Heat dissipates once ZOE is turned off, and maybe make the debuff persist once turned off if the heat is above certain levels, give it a real drawback, make the Vanu player think about when he wants to pop ZOE.

I think this is in line with the concept of the mechanic.

That is all, thanks for reading.