Zerg gameplay and LAs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simmi1717, May 22, 2013.

1. simmi1717

So I have notice after this new patch that fights are a lot more concentrated now. There are huge fights happening at single locations and lots and lots of people shooting bullets in the air. In such a scenerio it's amazingly difficult to get to any advantageous position. You just can't go perch on trees without getting spotted or being killed in the process of flying there. Can't get to roofs w/o getting shot with seconds and dying and no one there to revive you. After all the nerfs and now this new structure, I don't think LA is a viable class to play anymore. It's more of a situational class which can be used around 10% of the time in the game. I have put around 6-7k certs into LA class and the return on those certs is ******edly low. If I put all those certs into max, I would be owning everyone. I just started playing max a little more recently and I'm disgusted how stupidly easy they are to play and require no imagination. I'm just going to start playing maxes now because in concentrated fights, that's how you get kills. Also with the new max abilities, they are bordering on OP. Screw LA for now until they come up with some patch to fix LA again. Not to mention they took away the ledge on top of towers now outside the doors that you could perch on and run around and look down and kill people.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kuriby

It is still a viable class... but I do agree with you, it is MUCH harder now with the lattice system.

For anyone who use to perch LA's on trees/roof tops... it is much harder now with all the vechs around you, but to be honest that strategy was not very useful to begin with.

As long as you stay indoors or near CQC situations the LA is still very viable and IMO still better then a heavy at CQC.

But outdoors... yes we are basically a free kill now with all the damn vechs everywhere...
    • Up x 1
  3. NaySayer

I agree with the op.
    Though I really enjoy the challenge of being LA, I feel LAs get NO respect or advantages. I feel like the devs decided "oh, LAs, they have jetpacks, just let them have 2 c4 bricks and they'll be balanced".
    • Up x 1
  4. Hagestol

Get the autoshotty and get behind maxes for free kills. Especially ZOE, those things melt away like candles.

Get the fastest semi shotty and put slugs and a 4x sight on it and really rake in kills.

The world is your oyster: when there are more players less people see you when you skirt around scoring kills.
    • Up x 1
  5. simmi1717

I'll try that. What do you mean by get behind maxes? Enemy maxes you mean and kill them shotguns and they melt like candles? I haven't noticed that with my mauler S6. And what's ZOE?
  6. Hagestol

ZOE is the new max ability that makes them glow bright purple and take 100% more damage.
    Get behind an enemy max and you'll be able to take them down with some tactical movement.

By fastest semi-auto I mean the one with the fastest bullet speed. This is much easier as vanu but still possible as tr and nc
  7. simmi1717

Oh I play NC though. I thought the VS maxes new ability was faster movement and more damage? Not more defense? Did you mean they do 100% more damage to enemy or take 100% more damage? NC maxes have shields which are still pretty awesome, but the point is I don't like playing max. I loved playing LA for the challenge and the imagination required to excel at the class. The variety of moves, outskilling and outsmarting opponents through unexpected moves, flanking, going high above them and shoot them from the back etc. It was so much fun. I actually played the lattice structure during off times and actually enjoyed fighting at Indar now because there isn't a zerg, but enough people for me to attack at odd angles and not die everytime mid flight. During prime time is a different story though. Just going to play max during prime time and camp the points. All maxes are pretty ridiculous right now. I played NC max with the aegis shield and as soon as I pull it up those that were shooting at me just run away and I laugh my *** off.

Oh nvm I think I got you. You meant to say VS maxes take 100% more damage from the enemy when they are using their ability so if we shoot them with shotguns during that then we can kill them pretty fast right?
  8. urida

I previously played on helios and ever since the merge with connery the battles have been way to big for me to affect the battle as much in light assault. Oddly enough i find i get way more kills by suicide bouncing betty droping as infil because the large nubers just cluster together. But the flanking of LA is almost impossible because the flank is so over extended with the increased #s
  9. StealthTop

After lattice was added, I was performing better then I used to as an LA, Its actually easier to flank the enemy since they are focused on the friendly forces... Same goes for infil with SMG
  10. Nicholai

Yeah. Lattice fights produce even more tunnel vision attacks. Its so easy to flank now.
  11. Sea of Ink

I do nearly as well playing LA as I do playing my MAX. Both are fully certed out. Larger battles actually means more kills for LA. Loving it lately.