Zenith VX-5 - the missed opportunity to add a close-med ADS weapon to the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xebov, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Xebov

With todays Patch VS got the Zenith VX-5, the first VS Carbine with 0.75 ADS movement modifier. Its the only Carbine besides the Pulsar C with access to an Advanced Forward Grip. I would realy like to hear your opinions how you think about this gun.

For me this weapon is a missed opportunity to add a weapon for players that like to do ADS combat. There were some players testing and giving Feedback on the PTS. Sadly it was completely ignored. What bugs me most is that its created as a close-medium range weapon but only has acces to 1x, 3.4x and 4x Scopes, but no access to 2x Scopes, wich would have been interesting on that ranges. I also miss an optional HVA since it would help at the medium range. I realy dont get it why the Zenith got the 3rd weapon with Advanced Laser turning it into a bad CQC copy of the VX6-7, while the ADS capabilitys are rather weak.
  2. NoctD

The Zenith feels like a VS version of the TR T32 Bull. Both guns are neither here nor there... Bull gets both ammo but no advanced attachments, Zenith gets both advanced attachments, but no ammo. Neither is very competitive with DPS - both have lower than average DPS for their respective weapon classes. Both cost 1000 certs.

Its just such an oddball thing to build.
    • Up x 1