You'd sell more of this helmet if you could see Pilots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Apr 15, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  2. ZeroErrorz

nice helmet but it some what remind me of a nc helmet in a art work some where....
  3. TheBloodEagle

BTW, that helmet is literally called the "Aviator Scout" helmet. So it would make sense to me that aviators would like to wear their Aviator Scout helmet while flying.
  4. DJPenguin

Or the TR leather cap for a more retro feel. NC's got a Longbow helmet which looks pilot-ish
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

ESF with empty cockpits is something that saddens me every time I see it, at the very least they could have made the default cockpit class opaque.
  6. TheBloodEagle

It's strange because on Reddit I'm mainly getting people who are basically saying they don't give a **** about those kind of details & that you "can't even see the cockpit anyway". Just makes me wonder why do game developers even bother if most people don't care about small details. Maybe Star Citizen got it wrong.
    • Up x 1
  7. Apples

They would sell more helmets if they weren't trying to sell them for 10 bucks a pop? That's my opinion at least.
    • Up x 2
  8. JudgeDeath

At the distances you see the planes normally .. the helmet wouldnt even render.

This would just increase server load without providing much in return.
  9. TheBloodEagle

Compared to what? The cockpits of the ESF's are already modeled. You can see them through the window.
  10. TheBloodEagle

That's true for sure. Should be much cheaper. I think more people would buy stuff more often (microtransactions) if things were cheaper. The current prices make you hesitate.
  11. Goretzu

Well maybe it's because I played PS1, but I see a lot of..... lost details... in games of the last few years (compared to game of 10 years ago).

It's like new games are shiner, but have lost thier depth and detail (and in the case of anything EA Games touches, their soul).

Where as from the 1970's onwards video games just got better and better and better, with every generation, right up until the mid-2000's somewhere, but since then much ambition seems to have been lost (or maybe just sacrificed on the Accountants High Altar of the $$$'s).

Mostly the games that still have it tend to be indy games these days (and/or from people like Braben or Roberts), although having said that Kickstarter seems to be injecting ambition and detail back into a lot of things (all the games I'm really looking forward to come from there - Wasteland, Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen etc.).

As for PS2 specifically I can understand their reasoning for removing vehicle entry animations (to a degree - I still find it difficult to accept things that worked 10 years ago somehow can't work now), but static cockpit modes not so much, or at the very least hiding it with opaque glass.
  12. Kunavi

These details added so much more immersion... :/ What, PS2 can't handle it? Instead we've got to deal with 1/3 Lib seat switch.
  13. Luke15g

If you could see the pilots you'd have 4 threads a day asking why can't we shoot the pilots.
  14. FateJH

Though I do often think your camo looks silly, I really don't really care what helmet you wear.
  15. Goretzu

As opposed to not being able to shoot the completely invisible pilots? :D
  16. Demetrios

The cockpits are way too small for the current sized avatars to fit inside anyways, I always thought that looked like a Bane helmet more than a pilot's helmet, Sentinel Helmet on TR for my pilot roleplay.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBloodEagle

Makes me think they should have just got with the original concept, which is much more futuristic & plausible anyway, where there are no windows.

[IMG]