You removed ADSing while in the air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Nocturnal7x

Bring it back.

Completely unnecessary and unwanted change. Are you guys just trying to piss the long time loyal players off? Is that what SOE game dev meetings have been reduced to?

GG SOE. GG.
    • Up x 22
  2. janeTEXAS

the COF was huge anyway. But an explanation from the DEVs would be welcome.
  3. Nocturnal7x

yup,

I pretty sure no one complained about this ever. I know SOE likes to change random things because they feel its best, but this is just silliness.
  4. Danthaman

Some dev got outplayed.
    • Up x 3
  5. NanoBitSplit

^Outplayed by what? An LA who was jetting around and shot him with his 1% smaller cone of fire (even though if you're jetting around it's better to hipfire anyway as your weapon won't be flying everywhere like when you're sighted)?

I'm also getting instances of falling off rocks, slight inclines, pebbles and dirt which bring me out of sights (which I completely expected to happen, of course).
  6. Epic High Five

It makes sense, and took me all of 5 seconds to adjust to
    • Up x 9
  7. Takoita

If this could reduce the merry-go-round with rockets on biolabs' jumppads, then why not? (Of course jumppads should be exterminated from the level design with extreme prejudice anyway, but that's another story).
    • Up x 4
  8. reydelchicken

Even when aiming down sights, anything but a shotgun is completely ineffective in the air.

I think they added this for realism, as IRL if you try to aim down sights while in a freefall I think you're going to have a hard time :)
  9. NanoBitSplit

SOE can start making changes in the name of realism when they let my nanotechnology-equipped, laser gun wielding soldier exit his floating ion tank and fall off a ledge more than six feet tall without horribly fracturing every bone in both his fragile Auraxian legs, shortly before a guyrl in a white helmet points their magic green beam at him and in a span of seconds he's fully healed and ready to die and respawn and die and respawn and die and respawn.
    • Up x 2
  10. reydelchicken

Even with all the space tech around, I still genuinely think this is the reason SOE added this.
    But I could be wrong of course...
  11. NanoBitSplit

I'm just saying, with how much time troops on Auraxis spend airborne between jump pads, grav lifts, Galaxy drops, emergency aircraft bailouts, and Flash jumps gone awry, they'd be able to handle their weapon well enough to be able to aim them in midair (which is not impossible in real life, by the way- before the advent of modern war, there were these things called paratroopers you may have heard about once or twice). At the very least, a Light Assault should be trained well enough to aim while airborne considering the entire point of his role is having a jetpack strapped to his back.
  12. EMP1RE

You just noticed the ongoing nerfs to LA with this update? Welcome to the party. LA's are like SOE's secret grudge... they have been nerfing them basically every update.

ADS whilst flying as LA is one of the small things that make LA's ability even slightly viable (even when you have to deal with the massive COF). In my opinion certain classes and weapons should have the ability to ADS whilst in mid air. LA should be the MASTER of this attribute... but hey...

SOE:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  13. JudgeNu

well yeah, I don't even use LA just not my flavor, too one trick pony for me tbh.
    I was quite surprised when I went out of ADS on a slippery slope but yeah, easy adjustment.

And to the realism reference about fractured bones, do you even know the planets gravitational pull on matter? not to mention the seeming fluxuation of the neighboring satellites pull on the planet would be.
    How do you know this isn't how its suppose to be? lol. *gears spinning all the time*

-Ddolbok-
  14. IamDH

If you had a jetpack i dont think it would be that hard tbh

I really loved ADSing mid air. Logging in to check because im pretty sure i did it just the other day
  15. Vaphell

not that i play LA but the change is annoying as it affects any ADS. Flanking in some offroad location? Hit a pebble or start sliding down the slope just because, your scope goes on/off/on/off/on/offFFS...

And if that's because realism - you know what would throw your aim off more than a jump or a pebble? being hit by a high speed projectile, somehow i don't see ADS cancelling on hits.
  16. Kanil

Have you tried walking around a hill while ADSing?

It makes the game look laughably unprofessional. There's better ways of limiting the effectiveness of jumping/flying than giving players who attempt it a free seizure.
  17. Nephera

now does it affect rocket launchers on jump pads because that was my primary use of adsing in mid air.
  18. Surmise

INB4 they give it back as implant slot...
  19. Nocturnal7x

well when you are shooting an enemy and slide down a 1% grade slope you will feel differently.
  20. Epic High Five

I was hopping around on the mountains north of Indar Bay last night killing people just fine with my X11, and that's not what I'd call a hipfire madman. If you hold the ADS button you'll be put right back into it once the jump is over, and jumping accuracy is so bad that you should be thinking about positioning instead of firing if you're within that range.

I think there was a bug where ADSing while jumping/flying was more accurate than the devs intended, and this was the best fix. The backlash against it tells me that they were probably right.
    • Up x 4