You know who I miss right about now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Sep 4, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

Higby.

You don't ever realize what you have in life till its gone.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Reminds me there are jobs that aren't noticed except when they are not done. Like snow plowing in the winter.
    • Up x 1
  3. Yuki10

I'm really glad he got canned. There are few others left that should be let go, I know that at least one is under consideration, but he is inconsequential to the the direction the game is heading.
  4. Pointyguide2

also the servers are down now
  5. SwornJupiter

NC bias was too stronk with him, and he (and his team) had no clue how to balance effectively. Hence, post-nerf ZOE, PPA, Banshee, Fractures, Strikers...
  6. WetPatch

God old Higby, the man who didn't want to put VS into the game, then regularly would insult 1/3 of the player base when ever they would ask for something to be fixed.

He was poison for the advancement of a balanced game. It was to personal for him.
    • Up x 2
  7. Crayv

I liked how open he was, he actually would stream himself playing the game and actually enjoyed playing it as well.
    • Up x 1
  8. CorporationUSA

I didn't care for him very much. The fact that he had some power over the game balance, yet exhibited a very obvious faction bias is reason alone to not miss him.

And did he make "Higby's Heroes?"
  9. toast2250

I miss the streams, but some needs to be responsible for the things that don't go well,.. some one always has to be. [IMG]
  10. Tommyp2006

You know what I miss right now? The server status on the front page of the forums.
    • Up x 3
  11. Scr1nRusher

A-Greed.
    • Up x 4
  12. Nregroepis

You get a thumbs up.
    • Up x 3
  13. ConradHorse

I dont know who the Higby is Higby but judging from the current balanced mildness I miss him, too. Action doesn't like too much balance. Of course an action game should be balanced but never by sacrificing diversity. Each faction should have their OP weapons in equal numbers (not equal stats for Higby sake). I said EACH. Not only NC those days or VS these days. Like NC should have very strong ground vehicles, VS should have unbeatable air and fragile but quick and much splash damage ground TR have strong prowler and MAX, and anti-veh infantry;). Just an example. VS should have mass infantry weapons, NC should have op 1vs1 weapons. TR should have op anti-vehicle and anti-air. OP in all means (better than any thers, including NS) TR as the red bear should have nukes and orbital lasers, VS as tech stasis, psi, whatever comes to mind (ball lightning? another dimension?) , NC as industrious and economy-able small robots, more turrets on vehicles and good economy, everything cheaper and more more more (so the other tw o factions have more to shoot at before devouring weak infantry) TR should be like Harkonen in Dune, heavy infantry, VS heavy damage splash but not too strong armor, force fields instead. NC tons of gadgets, mines, consumables, deployables.
  14. BrbImAFK

You know what I miss..... that sense of anticipation from way back in '13, when we still believed/hoped that SOE/DBG would deliver on their promises of taking the weaksauce, pathetic monster that was Planetside 2 and building itup into what it should have been all along. Decent air and vehicle game. Logistics. Proper cross-continent lattice. Good meta. Leadership stuff for SLs and PLs. All the cool stuff that Planetside Universe was coming up with.

But years passed. Deadlines were delayed. Then missed. Then scrapped entirely. The promised content failed to appear, got trimmed back, and finally ended up as just piles of new guns (same as the old guns) to grind out Auraxiums on. There's no real logistics, the lattice is still a mess, and now "balance" is taking something broken and giving it to everybody instead of just fixing the broken thing.

September was going to be the solution. The big rerelease - Planetside 2 2.0! Bigger, shinier and awesomer than every. Evferything a Planetside player could ever want! And then that died too, with the passing of Smed. Hope is dead, and the only anticipation that remains is in looking to see just how far they overhype and underdeliver on the next "big thing".

I miss those hopes. That anticipation. The dream of what Planetside 2 could be instead of the lame duck it turned out as. That's what I miss most.....
    • Up x 1
  15. Moonunit IV

That was... beautiful.
  16. Paradopx

Damn I have been playing Ps2 on and off since beta and didn't realize Higby and Smed are gone, just wow (he might return as a producer but we will see I guess) I knew once they announced this game on the playstation things were heading straight down hill. Nothing innovative was to be added to ps2 just more cash grab nonsense (one vehicle?). Now that he is gone I am very curious how EQnext will fair, so far I have seen absolutely nothing of substance from that game either. Who would of guessed the company being bought out would drive their games into ps4 trash cash. No SOE title was ever good on consoles, I mean the EQ port was laughably stupid in comparison. From playing casually since beta Ps2 has literally not changed a single bit in 2+ years, the only thing it has going for it is that it's on ps4 now which I would imagine will tank its player base as soon as the flock of console bads gets a hold of the new COD. RIP SOE
  17. Bearlover

Higby knew what a free to play game was.
  18. Rockit

I thought OP was going to say Buzzcutpsycho :eek:
  19. TheShrapnelKing

Higby did deserve to get fired though.
  20. DonkeyX

The biggest mistake he ever made was trying to talk to the community, period. Gamers are the biggest cry baby whiners on the face of the planet and there was NEVER any chance he could make all of them happy. NONE of the players on these forums or Reddit could ever possibly hope to create a game even 1/1,000,000th as good as Planetside, yet all of them think they can and had every answer. Higby admitted that the community of unappreciative, diaper-wearing whiners helped make the decision to leave easier. After reading these forums for the past 3 years I don't blame him at all.

If you are one of those 10,000 whiny little babies then I encourage you to go work for a video game company, work your way up to producer, make a fun game like PS, then watch the community dissect its imperfections to death and whine like children until you don't want to deal with it anymore. No matter how good your game is and how awesome you think you are, the community around the game will eventually turn into whiny children who spend more time complaining about every tiny detail then actually playing the game and having fun.

Good luck Higby. You definitely deserved better then the toxic PS community vomited on you.
    • Up x 1