You killed [friendly]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DirArtillerySupport, Apr 7, 2017.

1. DirArtillerySupport

Not sure when it started but whenever I killed a teammate in the past I could call up the chat window and right click on the name to issue an apology. Teammate kills don't show up anymore...have I accidentally hit a filter somewhere or was this an intentional change by the developers?
    • Up x 1
  2. BrbImAFK

Yeah, now that you mention it, I've noticed some inconsistencies in when the chatbox reports my kills and killed by's.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

This seems pretty consistent...I can't remember the last time I didn't have to call up recursion or alt-tab out to look at the kill board to issue an apology.
  4. The Rogue Wolf

The game's currently having trouble giving text-box notifications when you kill someone with an explosive, or in a handful of other situations.
    • Up x 2
  5. Demigan

I've had numerous weird things happen with the notifications. For example /tell's only showing up in specific tabs, some of the kills of both friendlies and enemies not showing up in the general tab (although most do show up) and even deaths, which can be pretty annoying if you die and the deathscreen gets skipped for whatever reason (which sometimes happened when I had gone AFK and came back to the map screen).
  6. Liewec123

yep it is pretty annoying having to rely on V8 to apologies,
    some kids also throw a tantrum and TK you back if you don't apologies too,
    so its kinda important that we should be able to apologies.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

I wouldn't mind getting a system message in the social message queue offering me the chance to apologize when I'm out of harms way. It was already kind of annoying to hunt down the right person since friend and foe kill messages aren't distinguishable. It might even put a damper on tking kill streak noobs by highlighting that there is a system in place and it is monitoring you.
  8. Hegeteus

If someone throws a tantrum over trivial TKing, it's their problem. I often get confused by "sry" tells as I have forgotten that anything even happened and then send a /r np while wondering what I'm even forgiving a fellow NC for

It's deaths to enemies people should focus on, since that's the key to actually learning something
  9. Liewec123

yeah i'm the same, i get TKed from time to time and it is no issue, accidents happen, some are more frustrating than others,

like the other day an allied harasser came speeding straight at me so i jumped and took only a little damage,
    he spun around and came back again and killed me, it wasn't deliberate but i still had to message him with "seriously?!"
    even i'm human and get a little pissed off when someone fails their first accidental TK and comes back to finish the job!
    but thats as far as it should get, i wouldn't TK someone just because they're an idiot with no awareness of their surroundings. :p
  10. ZDarkShadowsZ

I noticed this problem during Christmas. Explosive, debris and road kills don't appear in the chat box. In the kill feed it just says the name of the person that was killed but not by whom. It's very annoying when I've accidentally driven over a teammate in my ATV but I have no time to stop and apologise (and the fact I have butter fingers so V8'ing isn't always an option).

More recently I'd driven over somebody and since I couldn't get to apologise quick enough they ended up sending me some rage tell about how I was an a-hole. Not nice. I could have responded apologising but at that point in time I didn't fancy a repeat of the past and being raged at further for a genuine mistake.

At the moment the only way to truly find out who we've TK'd from road kills or explosives is to go onto PS2 players and check our killboard which is often very time consuming, especially in the middle of fights where you need quick reaction times.
  11. The Rogue Wolf

So here's the thing, guys. Go watch just about any PS2 video or stream, and watch for a situation where the player is firing and someone runs into their line of fire. Guaranteed, ninety-nine times out of ten, the player is going to say "Why don't you stay out of my way?!". It's because we all generally have the conceit that we're the important one, and everyone else should just know where we are and what we're doing at all times. And to some people, anyone "stupid" enough to not pay attention to them at every moment needs to be "taught a lesson".
  12. BrbImAFK

I get your point, and I agree with you to a certain extent. If I'm just a random shooter, moving around, shooting targets of opportunity, whatever, it would be stupid to expect people to take me into account and not "move in front of me". Shooting them in the back is my fault, and I usually try to apologise for it.

However, when I'm an engy turret covering a door..... I'm a huge great stationary object pointing in a single direction! If you're stupid enough to get between me and the door, I'm not even going to let up on the trigger. Doing so has gotten me killed too many times in the past. I'll just shoot you until you go down and then finish off my target. And don't even think of trying to "get back at me" for it.... I'll hunt you until weapons lock with a pump-action shotgun! Then I'll get an alt and do it again! :mad:

If I'm an HA spamming Lasher at a choke.... don't run in front of me. I'm fairly stationary already (ADS and all that), so it's not like I'm moving around much. If you're too stupid to avoid the stream of huge, glowy disco-balls, well.... frankly, you're just too stupid to live. And if you try to rush the choke solo.... don't expect me to stop firing. Half the time, all the orbs required to kill you are already in flight anyway. If you DO plan to rush the choke with your outfit, all you have to do is let me know (tell, prox chat, whatever) and I'll cut it out.