You DONT receive the LVL 1 directife implant bundles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T.A.94, May 11, 2017.

1. T.A.94

As the title already selfexplains Veteran players wont have access to the free 15 random implamts. They are only provided if you dont have unlocked the LVL 1 directive on each class as well of the LVL 1 directive on 'objectives' and the LVL 2 directive on 'leadership'.

Radar_X stated on reddit:

"We do understand the concern, but in general no one is at a severe disadvantage because of this change. Veterans (not pointing at you in particular) are usually already sitting on a pretty high number of certs/unlocks or can earn them quickly. That isn't who we were targeting with this.
    This change is to help smooth the earlier journey which many of you have passed already."

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/6akjnx/you_dont_get_implant_packs_for_already_finished/

Me for my part can understand DBG's point concerning this issue but many wont agree...
    • Up x 1
  2. BrbImAFK

Meh, I'm fine with it personally. The new implants system is already such a cash-grabbing ****-show that this change makes little to no difference to my opinion of it. At least it's a little better for the newbies (if, in fact, we're actually getting any newbies anymore!).
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

I'm fine with it, but under one condition: any character below level 80 should retro-actively still get them. These players are still in an early enough phase to need a bit of smoothing of their journey.
    • Up x 1
  4. KrispyKremes

80 is a bit excessive, I'd be more inclined to 30-40. If you can't play without the boost of implants by then it's time to move on.
  5. FLHuk

Isn't 80 half 100, seems reasonable enough!
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

That's the answer. Level 80 isnt as far as you might expect. And I think its a reasonable cutoff point for Players to still get these rewards.
  7. Campagne

Well colour me moderately annoyed.

Veterans still got the exact same free unlocks when new players were granted attachments and suit slots. But we almost definitely already had half or didn't ever want them, and weren't granted the certs.

If this is not "a severe disadvantage" then new players should be really no worse off against a veteran whom has been given the fifteen free implants. --At the very least we should be given an amount of ISO-4 equivalent to fifteen tier one implants.

Games should do things for their current players, not for potential new cash cows and whales.
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

Players are absolutely insane when it comes to matters concerning implants and have been since the first iteration (that we never saw).

I just don't get it.
    • Up x 2
  9. pnkdth

It is all about perception. Those who spent a lot of time completing their directives should be equally rewarded as those who start today. Additionally, there are those who are still fairly new who will miss out on these which is just stupid.

That said, it is very good they've made the access to implants easier for new players. That was definitely needed but they really should just make these rewards retroactive everyone who's completed them.
    • Up x 1
  10. YoungPedro

I agree that the players below rank 80 should get the implants as well, but giving all the veterans (which are probably the majority of the playerbase) the implants right after implementing the system would have probably been a pretty bad business decision
    They wanted a system that vets could put a lot of effort into that takes longer than 2 weeks to blast through, unlike the construction system where everyone just bought everything with their spare certs they accumulated over the month.

Better to just let the playerbase mourn for a couple of days and milk the whales instead of giving out 90% of your "content" for free
  11. Eternaloptimist

Well that's disappointing. I have some BR 23 - 24 avatars on my F2P account who have all done directive tier 2 at least and they will now get jack, while new starters maybe a day or two of playtime behind me will get the bundles.

Ah well.............
    • Up x 3
  12. Aura227

I am BR 66, and the amount of certs it takes to get the implants is a lot for the value of the packs. I would much rather spend 300 certs upgrading a suit or vehicle slot than possibly getting a tier 1 implant. I don't consider myself a veteran, and don't need 15 random implants, but maybe just 6, or a few as certs till take some time to gain. I agree with YoungPedro, and a possible compromise would be to let veterans who have accomplished Teir 3 or Teir 4 directives to claim the reward. Another possible solution could be to have a time and/or supportive XP delay (boosts not included) that would allow the implant packs to be claimed after a set goal/time has been accomplished/elapsed.
  13. AgentRed

I just hate how they treat people its like they want new plays but they don't want to keep the people that have been supporting them for years.
    • Up x 2
  14. FLHuk

Because the newer players have to have the same fun we did that led to us to still being here!

Instead they get pharmed by us and yelled at to L2P.....
  15. Problem Officer

Who likes deleting their characters that have a lot of time invested, are past the near-immediate T1 directives, yet are not practiced enough to rack up the thousands of certs for implants?
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

If you don't like it, then don't do it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Experimentaltae

i had literally just completed all these directives a few hours before this update was pushed
  18. VookieTheCookie

New implants system is ****, give us the packs from directives. Do nothing for those who've been with you for a long time but bow down to potential new ones LMFAO
  19. stalkish

I dont care.
    Good job on improving the implant system daybreak.

RNG is still ******** tho.
    Give us drops.