"You did not fail Vanu, you failed yourself"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cruczi, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Longasc

This also shows a general issue of PS2. It's a team game that cater so much to solo play that none of the objectives of team play actually matter much.

One could argue more focus on teams and it would have even less players, but then one can also question the entire idea of Planetside and wonder why it is not set up with matches and battlegrounds with objectives instead of a persistent map.

Whatever, MMO Shooter is the future was or is quite popular for a while by now, also see Destiny etc..
    But so far nobody found the holy grail, neither PS2 nor Destiny.
  2. Saool

Or possibly 'Vanu' as an entity or people simply did not exsist. All we know is Briggs picked up a statue and heard the word 'Vanu' in his head...

...it might mean 'Hello!' or "Get your hand's off you filthy rock eating monkey"
  3. MajiinBuu

There needs to be a voice pack that sounds like Papa Vanu!
  4. Whatupwidat

But she'd actually like to win this one...
  5. maxkeiser

BLASPHEMER!!!

You will be dismembered and sacrifed on the holy altar of the Void.
  6. MajiinBuu

There needs no be a Pit of Sarlacc in northern Indar.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikachu

NC announcer is like Give it your all :(.
    TR announcer is like Give it your all :mad:!
  8. cruczi

Or it could mean "what now?" and the whole statue thing was just a prank by some Swedish interns.

"What now" in Swedish: vad nu. "Vad" is typically pronouced va'

va' nu?
  9. patrykK1028

Papa Vanu?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. dezusa

[IMG]

- me using inferior guns rather than the cheesy Orion (i actually only had 100ish kills at BR77)

How hard did I fail vanu?
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

There's actually Planetside 1 Lore that implies that Vanu was a ruler, or maybe just someone in a position to leave a legacy, and the rewritten lore of PS2 did nothing to discourage that assumption.
    The Aliens were mostly referred to as "Ancients" or some such.
    Whether the entity known as "Vanu" existed is unknown, but the Ancients apparently did, we're using their tech, after all.
    Edit: In the promotional texts for PS2, the Ancients are indeed sometimes referred to just as Vanu, even though why is not described anywhere, so I attribute it to the laziness of the author.