You can all rest easy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

• Up x 2
  2. CupBoy

You're pretty bad at making descriptive thread titles.
    • Up x 5
  3. Kanttori

To the ground, baby.
    • Up x 1
  4. MurderBunneh

They will click either way.
  5. Gamba

• Up x 2
  6. Ash87

Well, we know nothing.

A balance pass could mean they are just now looking it over, and might not reevaluate all that much.

Who wants to start speculating on what they'll do.

I'm betting a larger COF.
  7. MurderBunneh

I have been in agreement with the Max balance issues my question is how do you nerf a Scat max and still have it be viable?
    I guess ya you can give it a tighter cof and less pellets. I would look for that to happen on all the shotguns.

Say goodbye to your noob cannons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ash87

I think that would do nothing to the NC max guns. I worry that making shotguns more accurate, would mean that you'd boost their range beyond the point of being reasonable. If they are going to do ANYTHING with maxes, they should be making them more resistant go small arms fire, so that they can be reliable counters against each other.
  9. MurderBunneh

Shotguns are inherently flawed because they are all alpha damage and they remove some of the skill factor because you no longer have to maintain aim or worry about bursting due to there being no cof bloom.
    Automatic weapons require you to balance several factors at the same time but all shotguns require is get in range point and click.

Those of you wondering where your even more powerful pump action scrub gun is I think you have your answer.
  10. Pengalor

If they do anything negative it will be too much.

/sigh
  11. Tenhi

Higher pellet spread for the Pumpgun.

"Shotgun Resistance" for the TR/VS MAX. Or "Scatter/Hacksaw Resistance" w/e you want to call it. The moment the NC MAX cant instagib the other MAXes things will get better.
    • Up x 2
  12. centurionvi

Dual pump actions for NC MAX confirmed.
  13. sindz

About time, finally NC can have a ****** useless MAX just like VS and TR. Suck it.
  14. Arquin

Doesn't matter, I still love my Thanatos :oops:
  15. MurderBunneh

The only shotguns that are balanced imo are the original semi autos everything else is just broken.

Maybe just maybe the jackhammer will get a look too.
  16. Doogle

As soon as I saw pump actions listed on the roadmap I knew that they wouldn't be able to implement them correctly as the auto was borderline OP and and the semi autos were practically one shot kill weapons already.

Not that im sad to see them nerfed, was/am an avid nighthawk user but its a little bit boring being restricted to close range and theres not much aiming required.
  17. Aegie

At least we can hope this will satiate the complainers for a little while.
  18. Tenhi

The Auto Shotguns werent broken before they "normalized" the ammo pools for all shotguns. Never understood that. Before that you had an Auto Shotgun that had a low ammo pool, so you either saved ammo or you ran out very fast. Now you have an ammo pool that is large enough for a long rampage without holding back.

Its the same for the Semi Auto Shotguns. Before the ammo pool normalization you had one with a "large" ammo pool and slightly larger magazine BUT higher pellet spread and way slower reload. The Semi Auto Shotguns were pretty balanced before the ammo update. Now the fast reloading one is almost allways better.

The only thing that the Pumpgun IMHO needs is a way higher pellet spread. Right now the Pumpgun has the same pellet spread as the 6-Shot Semi Auto (its 3 btw). With the lowest pellet spread that a Shotgun can have right now BUT more pellets its pretty unbalanced for "medium" range. Medium as in "shotgun medium".
  19. MurderBunneh

The refire rate needs to be half what it is now for the pump.
  20. Badname3073

Have you been pumped a lot recently?