You build it, they will come

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 28, 2023.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I have been with PS as a avid gamer since the beginning. I don’t represent the majority, but I have watched large outfits come and go. Yet I still game with a outfit that still has less what vestiges of veteran players that are left. We seldom get anyone new.

The heavy marketing of Escalation showed us how the game was not lost as horribly it was implemented. Bastion carriers in a meta fashion caused some player nostalgia and with returning players it brought new.

Since that time, I felt the vast majority of updates were lackluster from sanctuary, new player experiences, outfit resource system, constant nerfs, eradicating good bases with construction zones or flags, a unfinished map like Oshur, unfinished projects like NSO with weapons incomplete and vehicles not finished. I can go on and on.

Rather than content updates the focus became scattered. You were on the right track with arsenal update and combined arms and it died. Assault Buggies from Planetside 1 alone would have the old come back. Look at what Harrasers did. So many elements are right in front of you that doesn’t require reinventing the wheel. Why does Planetside 2 not want anything to do with Planetside 1. If it’s the final days you might as well embrace what you are and that is Planetside. You build it, they will come.
    • Up x 1
  2. ican'taim

To this day I don't understand why the ps2 sanctuary was made into an all-faction hub, The idea was that sanctuaries would be places that outfits and randoms could regroup and coordinate assaults, and make warpgates back into what they were in Planetside 1: huge teleporters. Technically, ps2 warpgates already fill the "sanctuary" role but they're cramped as hell.