[BUG] Yet another bug with the cloak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by necrolamington, Mar 1, 2013.

1. necrolamington

As we all know there have been multiple problems with the cloak since launch.

This is a video of a bug that I found (I don't think that it has been posted yet)

If you cloak while firing a weapon (either spamming a semi-automatic or just firing an automatic) you will automatically decloak, this leaves you in a tough position because normally you are most vulnerable after firing your weapon and this glitch turns you into an easy kill.
  2. Ztiller

Why on earth would you try to cloak while firing?

It is possible that this is a bug. But it is also possible that it is intentional, to prevent people who accidentally cloak while firing from getting completely butchered?
  3. Lycanton

Just don't cloack when firing your weapon. Why would you want to anyway, they will the round to shoot if you do so its kinda your fault( no offence)
    But sure it could do with a fix.
  4. Nyldar

Not only that, you'll also have your scope going invisible if you're unlucky :D
  5. necrolamington

If you use the Artemis you have a brutally short clip and sometimes you must cloak and reload during a fight, if you do this every fraction of a second counts and it is frustrating to wait and then cloak as it leaves you vulnerable.

Something I didn't mention is that this also happens for a fraction of a second after you fire your weapon (the reason this happens more often with automatics is that you are more likely to cloak just after you fire a bullet).

This is a relatively minor glitch but it is extremely frustrating to cloak and start evading only to realise that your cloak has failed and your enemy can see you as well as you can see him.
  6. Cybah

hmmm im not sure what to think of this. id LOVE to see automatic decloak when u fire. so many times ive gone to decloak but this is at the moment my cloak ran out of fuel, so ill end up cloaking with 1 bar of fuel and i cant fire.

other times ill just be running around a base, see someone and its my natural instinct to 'uncloak' when i see them and fire. but i end up cloaking and totaly screwing myself. we are the only class that can get ourselves killed for using our class mechanic. NO other class says 'damnit whyd i have to use my class ability?'