YEA! SoE is "Upgrading Now!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Utrooperx, May 7, 2014.

1. Utrooperx

Please see: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/soe-services-downtime-05-08-2014.185889/

Attention players: we will be performing maintenance to upgrade our network infrastructure beginning at 1:30 AM PDT* (10:30 AM CET) on Thursday, May 8, 2014. . This will impact the following SOE services:

• All SOE games
    • All official forums
    • Account management
    • Commerce functions, including purchases
    • Thank you for your patience!
    Sounds like we are getting new hamsters (and maybe improved hardware/servers...!) :D
    • Up x 4
  2. Codex561

Dammit! Everytime I want to quit the game something awesome happens and makes me stay!
    • Up x 1
  3. DJPenguin

I'm glad they took my advice.
  4. Pikachu

And how much funny unexpected trouble is this going to bring?
  5. DJPenguin

more like unfunny expected trouble.
    • Up x 2
  6. EliteEskimo

It's about time too, maybe now AV turrets will render better and bigger battles will be more enjoyable. I'll be optimistic and say that this upgrade will be a good thing.:)

If we're really lucky maybe the crazy legs bug will come back. :D

7. Goden

Nothing to complain about here. Better networking benefits everyone.
    • Up x 2
  8. HerpTheDerp

Betting ten bucks the game will be down until friday. At least.
    • Up x 1
  9. KAHR-Alpha

Don't hold your breath, unless their current infrastructure is absolutely terrible most of the "improvements" you'll see will probably be due to the placebo effect.
    • Up x 1
  10. Utrooperx

Well, since the "upgrade"...oddly enough I somehow lost all my UI settings and general settings...and it "feels" like I'm moving in "slow motion"...while the Enemy seems to have somehow "sped up" with their movement speeds...I mean, I REALLY noticed it...on my TR Engineer, its like I'm moving against a strong wind or something that's pushing me backwards...while the Enemy has that same "wind effect"...but its pushing THEM forward faster...

Its all extremely unusual...but when I see a VS HA glowing with their "Over-shield" up...and moving faster then I can track them with a mouse in hip fire with a Lynx...after over 1,300 hours of game play, you just seem to notice this stuff...
  11. IamDH

Lol @ that clan name.

Genius