Yay I climbed the biolab.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Lol you got in before me :/ ....

Making a new video of snipe locations and all I can say is this new patch....

Everyone is in matrix - I shall say no more
    • Up x 1
  2. CuteBeaver

I have noticed in the past when I had my old PC (14 frames)... agility was very technical and keeping your speed up was difficult. When I upgraded to my new PC and could get like 80-100 frames my ability to climb got easier. Making what I call triple jumps on the fly was super easy and i found I was able to keep my speed up a little higher. I was glad I was used to playing at 14 frames because I still had to know my limits but the margin of errors you could make increases with the number of frames.

Iv tested this many times, and when i turn on fraps and limit myself to 50 frames or even 20 frames I have to be much much more careful with my routes because you just cannot quickly double jump while maintaining speed like you can at 100+. In fact at below 50 frames your more likely to loose any height gains by jumping on slanted surfaces, from another slanted surface unless your going really fast. The angle you look towards and land on is also important too.

I think this patch has given people +20 or so frames which is enabling them to maintain more speed on surfaces, and is allowing them places they ordinarily would have had a much harder time getting to. Before someone claims climbing is pay to win, I have tested all my usual routes at 20 frames and I can still do them. You just have a harder time because its much harder to maintain your speed. If your smart at selecting routes its not a big deal. I suspect this boils down to your own rig not being able to process your input as fast as it should. My guess by the time it does send the signal off to PS2 the golden moment has passed.

It will be interesting to see what happens when climbing becomes more mainstream.
  3. DeathSparx

nope...I still run at plus/minus 20 frames which actually affects my ability to shoot accurately with an smg... :( Although, it would be interesting to see the devs support climbing.