[BUG] XP Halved for Vehicle Destroy Assist?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XXBLACKATTACKXX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. XXBLACKATTACKXX

XP Halved for Vehicle Destroy Assist?

I just went into my Prowler and shot a scythe with 1 HEAT round, and then a ally blew him up. I only received about 120XP, when I used to get 300XP. It seems that SOE has halved the amount of XP you get for assisting the destruction of a vehicle!c WHY would they do this? It is a matter of luck who gets the kill. If I shoot a sunderer into flames, and then some personal throws a anti vehicle grenade and kills it they get 800XP and I get 200XP. Change the XP to what it was Pre patch!
  2. Vivicector

Yes, it looks like it. I was shocked too yesterday. MUST BE CHANGED BACK! No, seriously, getting last hit is not the point of the game, its not some MOBA.
  3. Nanomorph

It's not a bug, they said it's a new feature.
  4. Maelthra

Not a bug, it's a feature. Kill assist XP is now based on damage done instead of a flat amount. Muldoon has already passed feedback on to the relevant devs about players feeling that the assist XP is too low.
  5. Dtswiss

.... you get what you deserve. Why is this a problem?

EXP is proportional to the damage inflicted.
  6. LordCreepy

The amount is too low. In you shoot something into burning state which prowler heat does to an esf you should at least be awarded with the old "critical assist exp" atm you'll get like 30% of the old amount even if you did 90% of the damage.

Edit: this could be easily fixed tough just base the assist exp on damage done % x kill exp.
  7. Robertooooo

No way it's based on the dmg you do the target. I have damaged all kinds of vehicles to the burning state just to be robbed of the kill and only recieve 50-200 xp.
    It's logical to make it more rewarding to kill a single infantry soldier than a tank (if you don't get the killing shot) :rolleyes: