[BUG] XP Calculations borked?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GrenadeShark, Oct 3, 2015.

1. GrenadeShark

I am having a hard time figuring out how they calculate XP in this game when bonuses are taken into account. I've done the math a hundred different ways and it doesn't add up.

I created a new account and killed a ESF. It gave me 500 XP with 0% bonuses.

With the same 0% bonuses in my member account/boost account, I received 1250 XP (1244 to be exact)

That counts my alpha squad boost of 50% + 5% per squadie plus my 50% membership bonus.

It says bonus XP weekend in the launcher, but that doesn't add up either. I was not on alert continent and I verified I was not in a defense bonus zone.

I calculate out double XP as being 1640 and non double xp as 820. But, none of these numbers make sense.

Any help?
  2. FateJH

For starters, during Double XP periods, that doubling isn't factored into the displayed XP gain, though it does count towards personal gain in terms of battle rank progression and certification points earning.