[BUG] Xiphos turret is garbage, remove COF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Diilicious

time for the quarterly plea to fix this literally upsetting turrets completely **** weapon. i mean its so unacceptable im willing to give it a bug marker at this point.

Honestly right now, they would be sexy if the bullets didnt come out of the barrells at like thirty degree angles.

also this turret should be able to look up and down further that a spear but less (up) than the aspis.

PLEASE FIX THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I know this thread is just going to get buried with no love but for **** sake, theres just no need for it to be like this, just remove its cone of fire already and it would be a good weapon... (not even nealy on par with the spear) but a good weapon non-the-less
    • Up x 7
  2. Diilicious

3. Campagne

Yes, very much so!

Either that or just replace them with Spear turrets!
    • Up x 1
  4. Diilicious

NOooooo Dont replace them! variety is good/needed in this game.

All they need to do is remove the cone of fire, thats literally it.
  5. Codex561

Since the first time I played, I got something like less than 3 kills.
  6. ColonelChingles

The AI Turrets not only need to be far more lethal to infantry, but they need a buff to be resistant to infantry-carried weapons.

The AI Turret should be a reminder of "did you bring your armour/air with you today" to any infantry platoon that fails to use combined arms.
    • Up x 6
  7. Tycoh

The Xiphos really does need a buff. Hopefully you will be able to build bunkers with those on top of them in the future.
  8. Diilicious

I refuse to let this constantly slip under the rug and down the arm of the chair, it really does need fixing, and once its fixed there needs to be more of them.

im still on the fence about this weird construction non-sense they are about to introduce, there are already bases less than 500m from one another, why introduce even more clutter? i dont get it rly.
    • Up x 1
  9. AtckAtck

I have to agree, i tried playing anti infantry turret engi for some days before finally giving up on this peace of crap turret.
    The only use this thing has: It is a mobile cover to cower behind. Or to block enemy vehicle spawn with it. (Totally funny to block lightnings with it and see them go boom because of the next spawning tank. :))
    But for its intended use: namely killing infantry, it is a total lackluster.
    Just in case that the folllowing happens:
    -You get on the turret and are not instant dead because of a sniper
    -You dont get covered in rockets and grenades
    -Your target is within 30 m range.
    -And is not moving.
    Then you might get a kill. But only if he decides to stay, if he starts running he will get away.

It is not the cone of fire. That is actually OK, if you are bursting at longer ranges. Right Click kill weapons for Long range are boring and skillless, who would want that?

So my suggestion would be:
    -Some more dmg. Up the damage to the next Tier: 143
    -Improve the cover: Make it impossible to attack from the front. But make it attackable from the side and back. (Attacking from the side often doesn't work and you will hit the turret instead of the gunner. Fix the Bug.)
    -Make it more fragile, right now it can take a crapload of bullets. 3 Mags should kill it. (for that you can't hit the gunner from the front this would be pretty much.)
    -Fix rockets and tankshells doing no dmg to it when hitting the shield. (which happens very often. An anti infantry turret should not be able to take on explosives. Fix it)
  10. Dualice

All my yes to this!
  11. Lord_Avatar

You do realise the discussion here relates to the stationary Xiphos AI emplacement, not the Engineer's AI MANA turret? ;)
    • Up x 2
  12. Scr1nRusher

But see if you kill infantry, you will get nerfed over and over again.
  13. Mezinov

The turrets should all be modified with such logic.

AA Turrets have huge resist to weapons from aircraft. Huge resist penalty to weapons from ground vehicles and infantry.
    AV Turrets have huge resist to weapons from ground vehicles. Huge resist penalty to weapons from air vehicles and infantry.
    AI Turrets have huge resist to weapons from infantry. Huge resist penalty to weapons from ground vehicles and air vehicles.

If the devs really need it, I can flavor-text the crap out of WHY they resist one-and-not-the-others.

It would be nice if the turret placement on bases was reviewed to have supporting turrets near eachother; though the construction system is addressing this by just letting us build the bases ourselves. Would be neat if they also let the ANT change a turret; so for example I could spend some ANT crystal goodness to convert a dev-made base Turret from a Spear to a Xiphos or such such.

The construction system is being paired with continent revamps that are going to reduce the amount of dev made structures. This is why the bases that are getting revamped are getting revamped with extra detail as well (continent poly count is overall, going down).

So not only will we (theoretically) be gaining the ability to build bases, we will be gaining open field spaces between those bases that remain, and those remaining bases should feel more aesthetically pleasing and lived in.
    • Up x 3
  14. Jubikus

What if they were replaced with Spear turrets that could aim up instead of down? higher damage more skill based weapon anyone?
  15. AxiomInsanity87

I have 4 kills with xiphos on both platforms.

Out of them 4, 0 on the ps4 as far as i can remember.

Maybe xiphos users could try politely asking if anyone would care to stand still for 30 seconds.
  16. ronjahn

Not only is the turret awful to use and poor at its intended role, there are so few of them that I often times forget they even exist. They are often placed in spots where they are pretty pointless as well.

I understand they are going to be more common once the base building features are implemented, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be better utilized overall. I think they should Shink them alittle bit, then strategically put them in more locations (particularly in places where they aren't easily killed by vehicles) with slight improvements/changes to their handling.
  17. CNR4806

Xiphos needs the 360-degree rotation of the Aspis and the accuracy of a Kobalt (without the bloom).

Having a highly-inaccurate stationary turret that can be flanked with little effort is stupid.
  18. FieldMarshall

For such an extremely limited, rare and specialized weapon it certainly doesent do its job very well.
    You may as well get out of the turret and use your pistol.
    • Up x 1
  19. Diilicious

does anyone know the actual weapon stats for this turret? like bloom, COF, velocity, RPM, damage etc
  20. Diilicious

or.. anyone know where i can get them? :( at least?