Wtf walker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by talmaru, Apr 6, 2014.

1. talmaru

50m and the damage starts to drop off?
    On an anti air weapon?
    Who in the @#&^ designed this.

I would be better off duct tapping a heavy assault to my tail-fins and letting them use an assault rifle then equipping a walker.
    • Up x 2
  2. Haquim

Propably the same guy who designed the ranger ;).

Although for some odd reason I like that piece of scrap metal. But it feels as if an ESF with AB can easily outrun the bullets. :rolleyes:
  3. Hauser

The Walker sounds like a pea shooter, and no one can say it works as a "deterrence" to aircrafts. Maybe a minor nuisance. A lib will just laugh, fly close and unload the CAS-30 while the Walker is desperately pew-pew:ing away.
  4. danielpxp

The Walker is actually really powerful right now!
    Did you try it out? IF you hit the bullets it will melt Aircraft like butter..
    Faster and more reliable than a dalton shot, because you can miss some and still do so much damage with only some bullets.

Tried to kill a liberator flying away in a line doing nothing but shooting walker.. They were more dangerous than a liberator dalton.
    • Up x 1
  5. teks

dual walker sundys are especially mean against libs right now. The walker is definitely a good AA weapon.
  6. talmaru

Walker
    130d*600rpm= 78000/60s= 1300 until 50 Meters
    85d*600rpm= 51000/60s= 850 after 400 Meters

Serpent
    143d*845rpm= 120835/60s= 2014 until 10 Meters
    100d*845rpm= 84500/60s= 1408 after 60 meters

Orion
    143d*750rpm= 107250/60s= 1788 until 10 Meters
    125d*750rpm= 93750/60s= 1563 after 65 Meters

I reiterate
    I would be better of duct taping a heavy assault to my tail.
    Please explain to me in short and simple terms how my bullets are either slowing down or somehow loosing mass @ 50 meters away?
    I'VE GOT IT!!!!!
    Invisible ducks that intercept my rounds mid flight and thereby slow them down considerably.;)

Hailstorm
    230d*857rpm= 197110/60s= 3285dps until 100 Meters
    167d*857rpm= 143119/60s= 2385dps after 200 Meters

AND WTF they have 200% the dps on their weapon @ 50 meters and nearly 300% dps @ 200 meters
    Is their gun bigger then mine? Looks to be about the same size to me.
    Something is seriously wrong here.

Spend 1000 certs on a tailgun and i get 1300 dps
    Spend 1000 certs on a nosegun i get 3285 dps
  7. lawn gnome

i like the ranger, and if the ranger flak follows the same rules as skyguard flak then the core weapon damage has absolutely no effect on aircraft damage, only the flak damage matters. also aircraft start getting twitchy whenever they start getting hit by flak bursts.
    • Up x 1
  8. Crayv

It's a ground based AA gun, of course it is gonna suck.

I would love it if the Walker was a cut and paste of the ESF Rotarys or hell even the default noseguns from an ESF would be a huge upgrade. Then again I would love if they copy pasted any of the belly guns, nose guns, Tank Buster, or even rocketpods as a secondary weapon for MBTs or a gun for a Lightning.
  9. reydelchicken

Hey... A sunderer with two walkers manned by players that can hit something along with armor is quite a threat... And if a liberator tries to get close up to unload their tankbuster, drive "into" them before they get close enough to actually do it, sure you'll take some dalton shots, but it's better than getting hit by the tankbuster

Or you can go full lulz-mode and put 9 burster maxes in that same sunderer loadout.
    Go driving around like a noob until some liberator decides to attack, and then make everyone get out and pew-pew. Hate tells guaranteed.
    • Up x 2
  10. lawn gnome

the weapon damage stats are all lies because all vehicles have different resistances to different weapon types. as for standard heavy assault weapons they deal 25% damage to ESF, so quarter all of those numbers to get the real stats. the walker does 65% damage to ESF so roughly 2/3 damage. the red text in the quote is a rough approximation of the real damage values, could not figure out what resist scale the hailstorm is on.

but as you can see for G2A the walker easily out does any heavy primary weapon.

look here for more details -> http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance