[BUG] WTF things in the My Documents\pictures

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Minecreeper, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Minecreeper

there are many temp files and will not be reduced.(they are created by using the map)
    When they reach 65535(256*256-1),they will make you Scroll and Zoom the map very very very very very very slowly.(windows cannot index the 65536th maybe)
  2. Marked4Death

Some dude had this issue a while back and it was somehow related to foreign languages.
    U seem to speak english, change your regional to US english :)
    Or keep deleting them till its fixed.
  3. Santiak

Do you by any chance have any non-english letters in the pathway to your My Documents\pictures? Most likely your username, or possibly the folder name in case you aren't using the english interface on your end.

If so, it's an issue where the game fails to delete the temporary files generated when viewing the map - for some reason it has trouble relocating them again because of the non-english letters.

Currently there are two ways to fix this, that I know of:
    - Short-term fix, delete the files after each play-session, the problem doesn't kick in before there are in excess of 65k temporary files.
    - Long-term fix, change your directory to only contain english letters. Personally I used it as an excuse to format my computer, but I reckon there are other methods of going about it if you have a lot of files you can't readily back up. :)
    • Up x 1