wtf SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Superbunny, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Superbunny

last week kinda rocking, few bugs but game was playable. 5th march some update to sneak in the Gal's looks for people to buy, already spent like 1,000 on this game so meh yea in £'s
    why the f**k do i have 5.8k ping?
    why the f**k is all in game voices broke, must hit the button 700 times

can u really just test your **** out, if any thing get rid of the current project manager or something as this is going on for too long, do you all sit there smoking crack or something?

"not to troll" just as a company with sonys name thought you will be not this **** perhaps the devs need to consult the Console devs on how to run game.

yea i will not rage quit as iv spent so much, if any thing i look down on most as iv spent money on the game to pay the devs & keeping the community alive, i am unable to play current boost is ticking down & current membership and im sick of the amount of unplayable game play and not i don't want double xp i want to play
  2. MongooseTwoFive

Why in the world did you spend 1000 euro on this game?

In answer to your inquiries about testing their stuff, certain bugs escape even vigorous test cases. Even stress testing on the PTS can't uncover everything. With a game like this with as many moving parts as it is, there will be hiccups here and there. You can have a bug and have them take a week or so to fix it, or have them spend months of extra testing to attempt to prevent it.

The art of testing is to try and spot as many issues as possible with as little effort required. The more testing you do, the more diminishing returns you get in terms of effectiveness. Even though your quality might go up say 5% (if we're able to give a quantifiable measurement of the game quality) from extra testing beyond a certain point, it'd take an extra 50% more work.
  3. Pikachu

• Up x 1
  4. DQCraze

I kno
    Know ive dropped about 6 bills on this game, so a grand wouldnt suprise me. Why? Why not? Ive run plenty of bar tabs bigger that.
  5. Superbunny

stress testing is a major issue, Sony can clone a server, (as in have a replica of that server its in their power a test server is fine, take a snap shot of a live sever to test on(test servers and live servers are running alot different)

in my past experience of servers from a techie point of view i have got a Microsoft number some where, is to clone it to a "test" so **** does not **** the hell up, in this case they have no disregard
  6. Superbunny

out there my whole outfit is getting 6k ping
  7. Superbunny

still wtf was this not tested? release the sc buy update alone, we all know u want people buying it, so just gal deport adding this other **** and causing prob, i prob will buy it for looks any way still test your **** out, put me as dev manager, people will hardly ever suffer from bugs then
  8. MongooseTwoFive

I'm sure SOE would love a courteous and professional individual such as yourself to manage their development. Nothing makes things work better than bleating out asterisk-laden sentences at them until they're resolved.