WTF - Griefing Points?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfson, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Wolfson

First off, I'm sure we've all seen the new griefing points. As per the old planetside, 3000 was weapons lock and 6000 was ban for 3 days. But since I amassed 14,000 because my autosentry gun ended up shooting a variety of players accidentally, I'm curious as to wtf is going on, and what we can do to undo this or find out the limitations of it.
  2. TerminalT6

Grief points have always existed in PS2, as has weapons-lock. It's only now that they're showing you the exact values you're accumulating. And because DBG is great at patch notes, we don't know if they changed any of the warning/lock thresholds.
  3. Yuki10

what points?
  4. DramaticExit

I can't imagine that sentry turrets inflicting friendly fire damage would necessarily count towards a weapons lock, given that where they shoot is pretty much out of your control.
  5. JobiWan

Just came here to post the same. I get a running total of grief points in my message window, every time it changes it says how many points. I was running away from a max and a friendly heavy shot me in the face with a rocket which killed us both, and apparently it was suicide and I got 350(ish) grief points.

This gradually dropped off in 10s or 20s, not sure how many exactly but a few at a time. I found it quite distracting and I reckon it's not meant to be there in the way it is since the hotfix.
  6. JobiWan

They definitely do, I got a final warning the other night because my turret kept shooting the sunderer it was meant to be protecting.
  7. WUNDER8AR

"Hey guys today we're enhancing the new player experience (TM) by flooding the chatbox with scary confusing messages."
    Said somebody at DBG and everybody approved.
  8. sIcGER

i saw those 'you have xy griefing points' messages and asked per /y 'huh - whats that?'

some ppl were so kind and told me what it means - 10000 points = weapon lock i was told

i found it pretty annoying - if it has to stay in the game, then please not like it is right now - a counter somewhere else will do it as well - i dont give a &%$ about it anyway - i never had a weapon lock on any of my chars... play the game since december '12
  9. Hatesphere

it sounds like someone left a dev flag checked when they released this one. why do we need a running tally of grief points?
  10. DramaticExit

Wow... That's remarkably dumb, and a little bit of an oversight from the devs. Perhaps this should be flagged up as a bug?

On a slightly different note, the running counter of grief points is just needless. The warnings did a good enough job. Is there a way of switching it off?
  11. JudgeNu

It seems there is a Hotfix that fixed it.
    It is no longer an issue.
    Put down the C4.
    I like the way DBG is operating atm.

I actually think it would be a good idea, if it doesn't affect performance, to have a color coded meter on UI that has the total grief number along with corresponding color to show severity of the situation.
    • Up x 1
  12. TechMechMeds

You should have redeployed and then blown up that sentry turret instead of letting it sit and amass that much FF.

Or if you care about k/d then you could have resupplied at a terminal and dropped another to get rid of the other.

How you managed to allow it to reach 14k grief points is crazy to me.
  13. Obstruction

that would probably increase griefing to near maximum per player every time, like a TKer mini-game. people won't be satisfied just shooting a guy in the back once for whatever perceived offense was perpetrated, but rather seek to "fill the meter" so as to extract maximum allowable vengeance.
  14. Meeka

I kind of like its annoyingness.

It gives people an incentive not to shoot friendlies.

Personally, I would have made it darken the screen every time you have friendly fire. So, that if you TK more than your share, the game becomes unplayable until you chill out.
  15. DashRendar

Was peeking a vehicle shield in my Lightning at a large VS armor push when someone in a vanguard pulled up behind me. When I backed up into him I got something like 200 grief points. Really?
  16. TechMechMeds

It's 14-15k to get weapon lock, no worries.
  17. DashRendar

I don't even think it caused him any damage, it's frustrating on principle.
  18. Wolfson

Died, Max Rush at a Biolab. all the folks decided that it was the optimum time to try and take out the maxes. 14k worth of grief later, I'm weaponlocked, the gun is still shooting people getting in the way, and I'm at 18k grief points

Finally ended up changing classes to get rid of it.
  19. JudgeNu

Yeah you are probably right about that.
  20. Gutseen

To be honest, got 1800 Gf poins, for kill'n 10 NC's in a row with a AV granade and a RL, but did'n get any from TK'n a newbz medic.
    Being a TR player btw... way 2 s00ky 4 m3