Wrongly banned for hacking/exploiting. SOE, you need a policy rethink.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by vyxia, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Talizzar

If I got banned I would not be taking up my case with the court of forum appeals. Most adults would not either. There is a professional way to handle these things.

As SOE said you were hacking. You were doing something that you should not have been doing. You don't want to admit it. Now hopefully you have removed the hacks from your computer and will play again and be thankful it was only for 4 days and not a permaban.
  2. vyxia

Yep, I will keep my promise regardless of what they tell me. Even if their system tells them conclusively I have some 3rd party stuff installed, which I don't, I'll post the outcome. I've heard nothing from CS yet, but thanks Mango & Veratu for posting, it makes me feel bad for my mini-rant about SOE on the Steam forums - you do have pretty good CS from my experiences with stuck chests on raids in EQ2 as well, and I appreciate you being extra busy over the holidays, and it's been kinda fun playing a new Terran just with the detault guns and seeing how good a streak I can get with one life :)

I'd agree 100-kill streaks or whatever don't warrant a ban, I played PS1 for 3 years and I think I have some screenshots of 200/0 ones that were done legit after they added the K/D tracking. The problem is, since I know I've not done anything untoward, I'm left clutching at straws as to what caused this - was it me staying logged in for too many hours over a given period? Was it too many /reports? Was my headshot % or accuracy too high? Was it simply a case of a GM mistyping someone's name and doing a /ban on mine instead? Was it the fact I logged in from a different country on my laptop? Was it a sinister conspiracy after the 3x SC day to ban a bunch of accounts and get them to spend money again? They all seem crazy reasons to be banned, but since I don't have any other things to guess at, I'm left in tinfoil hat territory.

It's funny to see people still adding to this thread calling me a liar etc... like I said, if it wasn't for the fact it was me, I probably wouldn't believe me either. I've never been a victim of a false positive in 10 years of gaming, both with SOE, VAC, PB, and any other anti-cheat, and until this happened I too was really skeptical that false positives happened in the majority of cases. There usually was some hidden, and dubious explanation that the OP eventually came out with, like 'their kid brother tried out an aimbot', or 'maybe it was left over from a previous install', or 'i just used an FXAA injector', or you'd see their name on a forum somewhere asking where to get hacks.. I hate cheats too and since I know how much satisfaction you can get from watching the self-pwnage on the VAC forums from CoD kiddies, I can't blame anyone for jumping in here.
  3. vyxia

If I got banned and I was hacking, I certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to go to forums or try and argue my case. I realize if they've detected 3rd party software I won't have a leg to stand on. But I'm absolutely sure I wasn't. I'm computer-savvy enough not to have anything running 'by accident', or for anyone else to have access to my desktop, and like I said, this is a clean windows install.

Since I wasn't hacking, this is an issue that people need to be aware of, for the benefit of anyone else that's the victim of a ban for seemingly no reason. Some people might assume all bans are final, and not bother to respond to the ticket, particularly if they've not spent money on the game. In particular, if some certain activity has caused a false positive, then players need to be aware of what causes it, so they know to avoid it.
  4. Casual

This. We had a lot of these calmly worded nice guy posts appealing for mercy in APB. Then videos were posted proving the person was a hacker. The best stuff comes from games that promise to consider your ban appeal if you first admit to having hacked. Instant admission.

Don't buy into the tears people, he hacked and got caught. False positive claims get thrown around by hackers as much as insults in high school. The actual number of them is negligible and this guy claims to have used a fresh install. Even that could be a lie designed to convince people that he's being truthful.
  5. vyxia

You can believe what you want, I can't convince you clearly. I can plug evidence like the fact I have countless hours of online gaming logged on steam and VAC in good standing, or hundreds of hours in BFBC and BF3 with PB in good standing, but in a witch hunt there's nothing short of SOE coming here and posting (which would be awesome!) that will probably convince you so I won't bother trying to argue.

I can say you'll never see a video posted of me hacking, cos I don't hack, and I openly invite anyone who wants to testify after getting killed by (or killing) Vyxia (VS on Miller) over the last week if they saw anything dodgy, or not. In fact, if people were seeing me doing crazy stuff I'd love to know cos the game seemed 100% normal from my side throughout (except the usual crashes every few hours, falling through the world to my death, and other fun surprise elements of PS2).
  6. SiosDashcR

I'm sorry what? Have you ever tried reporting a player - Where support tickets will SAY that the player will be investigated on?
  7. Ghoest

it has been established previously that SOE is willing to ban people purely on the basis of player reports and metric.

And apparently the some how forced PlanetSideUniverse.com to censer any reports of banned people being reinstated(although its clear that some have been.)
  8. Casual

Many hackers have made the same claims before. I know a good number of confirmed hackers with clean VAC accounts because they also had other accounts that were already banned. When a hacker gets banned, he doesn't give up. He keeps trying to get back into the game even if he has to spin up a web of lies and turn the community against the ones who banned him. You're pushing the same agenda, in my opinion.

Prove it. Source it. Some guy on a forum isn't a source.

Hackers are the best liars I've ever seen. Spend some time on game forums with Ban Appeal forums and just read the stuff that gets posted there. If you do it on a local server forum, you might even get admins popping in with hard evidence. But the hacker will already have tugged at your heart strings and swore everything up to and including his own mother's grave that he's innocent. He'll deny it right up until he gets exposed, then they usually come clean. People lie and for sheltered folk that can come as a shock. Minecraft is plagued with these types of people and server admins have to be vigilant in running thorough background checks on every new member.
  9. Ghoest

Ummm hes back playing the game. What better source is there than that.
  10. Casual

You must have a short memory, let me remind you of what you said.

Him getting unbanned =/= SOE bans people purely based on player reports

I asked you to source SOE banning people solely based on player reports, not explain that he was unbanned like countless hackers before him. There were confirmed and self-admitted hackers in PS1 that were unbanned by SOE, the banning policy is extremely lenient and offers second chances.

The act of unbanning is entirely different from the act of banning, and I must once again point out that we know the circumstances of neither scenario.
  11. TeknoBug

That's not even a professionally written email... this makes me laugh.
  12. MurderBunneh

These cheaters sit at home and feel good about themselves after they use hacks to win. I mean how can you get any satisfaction from winning when you have to cheat. They are lying to themselves and thus not a word they say can be believed.
    I have seen a rise in speed hacks and aim botting this weekend you could even say there is an epidemic of cheating in this game.
    I think people have realized there is a bell on the cat over the holidays.
  13. Ghoest

They would not have unbanned him if there was evidence of him actually cheating. They banned him because his numbers are insane and people kept reporting him thinking no one could be that good. Hes actually fairly well known as a good player - probably the GM had no idea and simply banned everyone with awesome stats who was reported over and over. The when he *****ed around the internet the higher up at SOE said "wait a minute was there any evidence this guy cheated?" then they quietly let him back.
  14. Sliced

They might give you your account back but it's very unlikely they will tell you why you where banned in the first place.
    It would be pretty stupid if SoE and other companys gave out the reasons and methods for banning people as then the people cheating will know what not to do.
    Unless if it was "Sorry, we spelt the name wrong"
  15. exadus900

SoE bans by stats and reports. If you have a high k/d and some noob reported you cuz he was mad than most likely ull get banned sooner or later unless that GM wasnt lazy enough to follow you around and watch you for acouple mins to see if you are or not cuz its really easy to see an aimboter. GM's get reports than ethier A) look at the player stats and ban B) follow player around and see how he acts than bans or not. Problem is alot of GM's are banning because of stats which is ******* stupid but than again this is SoE we are talking about and there pretty well known for ruining good games and horrible stupid devs/gm and customer service. I was hoping this would change with PS2
  16. Talizzar

The more you argue and plead your case the more guilty you are. Like I said be glad you were not permabanned.
  17. phreec

• Up x 1
  18. Arcanum

Oh look, someone posted this video again on the forums. What an original insult, hilarious. :rolleyes:
  19. Utherix

I just got off the phone with a CSR.

He said the previous 3 CSRs I talked to were lying and the ban is permanent.

I have not had any more response to my appeal ticket.
  20. Dhart

Good TV movie quote "To Kill Cancer you have to kill a few white blood cells too"

Sucks to be you; and if it was me... I'd be frustrated too; IF the cancer was really being killed off. However it isn't going away. If anything the Holiday lull has made it worse. More 'droids' and such on sleep mode...

Mixed feelings.

I'd rather a few more get cut to stamp out the problem than a weaker policy that allows it to fester and spread.